ManvsMini

Reaper Karaoke Cafe: What do you sing?

14 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Sorry honey, while you weren't looking I swapped it for this

I used to have to drag him to karaoke, complaining at every step. When he stopped complaining I knew that I was WINNING!

I'll be singing Witches' Reel.

Grump introduced me to the song and its history - so of COURSE I'm dragging him into it! :lol:

Hey! Who switched my selection?! :lol:

I remember you being miffed when I won the karaoke contest! (After complaining every step of the way. ::P: But that couldn't possibly be why you were miffed!)

SecretAgentMan

And... I see that the forum continues to get increasingly borked in regards to links to YouTube.... <_< It now dislikes spaces in the text for the link....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 8:06 AM, Green Eyed Monster said:

My sister is a trained operatic singer who runs the vocal department at a University

That is so cool!!

My music heavily depends on my mood, so I listen to a wide variety of music. What I sing depends on the day.

My range is about... 3 low notes. But that's never stopped me from belting out Wicked lyrics at home. :lol:

• Like 3

YESSSS!!!! I can now subject you all to my death metal cover of Somewhere Over The Rainbow!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!  :bday:

I don't generally sing. At all. I used to have a really good range and a somewhat passable (if severely lacking any training) singing voice when I was younger, but between a busted nose, throat damage from too much coughing (colds, allergies, multiple serious cases of bronchitis), and working in dusty warehouses my whole life, I've lost a lot of my high notes and have actual holes in the rest of my range.

In the real world, the only things I've ever been known to seriously sing in public are The Who's Behind Blue Eyes (it's my theme song), Little Red Riding Hood by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, and Master of The House from Les Mis (Both male and female verses, lol)...

(Once I got up at a Coffee House Night in college and sang Empty Chairs At Empty Tables from Les Mis because I promised to do so if a friend (who was actually a good singer but uncomfortable singing in public) would sing On My Own.)

Now, given the time and focus to actually practice, I can bust out a passable Axl Rose or Janis Joplin imitation, or something deep and rumbly like Leonard Cohen or Johnny Cash.

I figure my set list would include Cohen's Hallelujah and a valiant attempt at Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence, Behind Blue Eyes, Little Red Riding Hood, Bad Company, House Of The Rising Sun, Bob Seger's Turn The Page, She Talks To Angels by the Black Crowes, and probably some G'n'R and Janis.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don't sing. I'm NOT any good at it. With enough liquid courage, I could possibly be coerced into getting on stage to commit noise pollution.

I would pick something heavy metal with angry sounding vocals; I might be able to pull that off.

Pantera and Slayer immediately come to mind as possibilities.

• Like 3

Nope. Not going to do it. American karaoke is just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

Now, when we go in Japan, my wife always queues up Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time" then hands me the mic. Gee. Thanks.

Oh, and the difference is Japanese karaoke is in a little tiny room, just big enough for yourself and a half dozen friends, tops. Much less cringing embarrassment.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 10:06 PM, Mad Jack said:

Now, given the time and focus to actually practice, I can bust out a passable Axl Rose or Janis Joplin imitation, or something deep and rumbly like Leonard Cohen or Johnny Cash.

I figure my set list would include Cohen's Hallelujah and a valiant attempt at Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence, Behind Blue Eyes, Little Red Riding Hood, Bad Company, House Of The Rising Sun, Bob Seger's Turn The Page, She Talks To Angels by the Black Crowes, and probably some G'n'R and Janis.

Speaking of Axl Rose, according to this chart he apparently has the widest recorded vocal range of anyone you've ever heard of; which was surprising to me, at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VitM said:

Speaking of Axl Rose, according to this chart he apparently has the widest recorded vocal range of anyone you've ever heard of; which was surprising to me, at least.

I wonder how Rob Halford or King Diamond would do on this chart.

• Like 1