Last year @Pochi painted me a barbarian as an exchange fig. (located here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80953-spring-exchange-brand-oathblood/&tab=comments#comment-1717270).

More specifically she painted me a barbarian inspired by the song Holy Diver by Dio (I tend to put odd things for inspiration in me exchange forms).

I liked him so much that I based my current 5th Ed. character off of the fig.  Now Pochi's fig is far too precious (my precious!!) to go on the gaming table, so I've been using a bare Bones version with the intent of painting him "any day now".

Now that we've hit 7th level, I'm actually getting around to paint something.  But, since I need him for the weekly game, I'm painting an alternate version first, then I'll swap figs and work on the Brand Oathblood version.

So I'm starting with 77373: Cuth Wolfson, Barbarian.

replacement_axe.jpg.fb9778f82621f37835d83aef0a45ae29.jpg

This will depict Dio wielding his mighty great axe, Eloise.

Now Cuth's default axe was a touch....limp, so I dug out the Bones III weapons pack and picked a nice stiff replacement.

axe_on.jpg.30c909b559a7eb78418bba0a52cb6deb.jpg

Much better.  Now just a little putty to fill in the gap and he'll be ready for his bath before linering.

• Like 13

Managed to squeeze in a bit of painting.

Threw on some brown liner last night.

brown_liner.jpg.ed818c3fcb93e62f28a894bae57d1751.jpg

Cleaned up some of the worst mold lines, and tried to do something with whatever happened to his right hand.
Then some base coats. 

some_basecoats_front.jpg.238561b2534717dfae128c13ee4d3cf6.jpgsome_basecoats_back.jpg.b44e94869286dc6a2baf5489f4de5441.jpg

Trying out the bronze skin triad.

Lots of browns.  Not sure if I should make the furs grey or something or if keeping it all brown makes more sense.

• Like 11

On 2/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Cleaned up some of the worst mold lines, and tried to do something with whatever happened to his right hand.

It's like he's wearing an oven mitt with real fingers and all of the pad is attached to his right index finger.  I tried to use paint to hide it.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Lots of browns.  Not sure if I should make the furs grey or something or if keeping it all brown makes more sense.

As long as the colors are distinct enough at arm's length, leaving everything brown should be fine.  Making the furs grey may increase contrast between them and his belt.

• Like 3

Finally got back to this (had a sinus infection, did not make me want to paint).

Cleaned up the base coat and gave him a good ol wash of AP Strong Tone.

basecoat_wash_front.jpg.6436361bf247e2137b6c676921c27bab.jpgbasecoat_wash_back.jpg.205c04e64199b84ea30263d889ec3375.jpg

• Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now