Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSduPre

What happened to Reaper's Customer Service?

I wouldn't put too much faith in Leisure Games.  They are not always able to deliver on stuff they list in their store.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MSduPre said:

Yes, so do I. All this sort of thing is the reason I very rarely participate in fora like this, and long ago quit social media. It would be easy (and partially true) to say it's because "People are <insert chosen expletive here>". But the real reason is because I don't like who I become, when I get dragged into something ugly. So if I disappear suddenly, never to be seen again, this is why.

My thoughts on that are that I always try (but don't always succeed) to put careful consideration into the things that I'm typing. In person, it's very easy to become heated and say something that you don't mean or haven't put enough thought into or can't carefully consider the way that what you say is going to come across. Social media, in general, because of the fast pace and tendency toward rapid fire responses and in some cases a limitation on how many words you can use, tends to breed more of an in person sort of interaction. I also find that a lot of people don't actually know themselves very well and think that they're one way when they are, in fact, something completely different so when they enter into an interaction that's fast paced like that, their supposed principles fade very quickly. I have made a point of getting to know myself very well and I know that I have a bad temper, am very stubborn, am very sarcastic and can be very vicious when pushed. I don't blame anyone for thinking that I'm an elfhole because I very much can be one and I accept that so I don't ever let my elfholeishness take me by surprise. When people challenge the things that I've said, I try to go back and re-read what I've said and consider their point of view on it before I respond. Sometimes I end up agreeing and sometimes I don't, but I think that it's important to consider any feedback that you receive. Sometimes the result will be that the other person is being the elfhole and sometimes it's me and sometimes it's both.

Take my initial post in this thread for example. Some people responded very poorly to that first bit and I think that some people didn't read past it and that's a shame and I'm the one at fault for opening my post in a particular tone that caused an immediate visceral reaction in some people. All the same, I don't regret leaving that part in there as I'd carefully considered it, reworded it a few times, removed statements that were less generalized and more directed at individuals and ultimately left it at a place that I was comfortable with. Some people still didn't like it and perhaps in some cases just don't like me in general and I'm ok with that. I don't need anyone to agree with me 100% of the time and I don't need anyone to like me. All I need is to have the self-awareness to be introspective and open to the idea that I may be wrong, (which I certainly am at times,) thoughtful enough to conduct myself in a way that I'm comfortable with and willing to face whatever consequences may come along with speaking my mind.

I hope that you won't disappear and I'm sorry that your initial experience here was punctuated by such negativity. I don't believe that it was your intention to cause such drama and think what you've experienced is the other side of the coin when people love something very deeply. It is a large community and a wide gathering of personalities and as with any large community there are cliques and unspoken alliances and as long as you can ignore that sort of thing and perhaps avoid certain people and/or certain topics, then I think you might enjoy having a place where you can talk about the hobby that we all love.

14 hours ago, Harrek said:

I believe I treated both posters in the same way myself as their message was very volatile.  I didn’t see respectful criticism from either.

Great post here and well worded.  Much different than the being who started this up.  Perhaps if they had approached it as well as you did instead of creating a new account and firing a cannonball at the bridge for a first post it would have been taken in a different light.

Harrek, I'm genuinely confused about your assertion that you treated both posters the same. Either we're referencing completely different threads or your posts in the other thread were moderated before I saw them. You have zero posts in that thread, so I don't see how that versus your multiple posts here adds up.

In any case, if you believe someone to be a troll, continually insulting them and dehumanizing them is actually giving them what they want. You get worked up and they get a laugh out of it, that's the purpose of trolling. Not liking the exact way that someone stated something and/or disagreeing with the statement they've made alone doesn't generally equal a troll. By all means, if you disagree with something that someone has said or the way that they've said it, you have every right to address your concerns and make your counterpoints, but I genuinely think that you're reading malicious intent into something that just isn't there. And it's totally fine if we disagree on that point, you don't have to come around to thinking that he's not a troll, there is always the possibility that I am the one that he'll prove wrong, but I think you're just firing your own cannonballs at this point rather than engaging in purposeful and productive dialogue.

49 minutes ago, MSduPre said:

Found It! At least, I think so. There's a generic blurb on the listing about how some minis have to be ordered-in, so it may or may not be actually in stock. 

-SNIP-

@MSduPre you will need to remove the link from your post, as links to other shops are not allowed on the forum. That's great if you were able to locate it though.

• Like 2

Guest MSduPre
1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

Much different than the being who started this up.  Perhaps if they had approached it as well as you did instead of creating a new account and firing a cannonball at the bridge for a first post it would have been taken in a different light.

My God, you are an immature (*&^*&^*

3 minutes ago, MSduPre said:

My God, you are an immature (*&^*&^*

Says the person who blocked me, can’t read my responses directly, yet still responds knowing he won’t see this.  Hmmm

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

I'm genuinely confused about your assertion that you treated both posters the same. Either we're referencing completely different threads or your posts in the other thread were moderated before I saw them. You have zero posts in that thread, so I don't see how that versus your multiple posts here adds up.

Well I can help with this.  We are talking about the same posts.  I didn’t respond to the other as many others were there before me handling it.  There was nothing for me to add other than agreeing needlessly and adding text.  In this message I was here earlier and gave a response early and first given the tone I read into the post.  So yes, I treated both exactly the same in my mind by supporting those who responded first in the other message, but just happening to be the first here and responding verbally.

• Like 1

Guest MSduPre

It seems that, even after I've blocked the *&&^%, even after I've pointed out his behavior to a moderator and gotten no response, he continues not only to pursue and persecute, but to escalate to insults, attacks, and idiotic and unfounded accusations, and that it filters through to me past my blocks. I, as he said, "created an account" to post this question. Because it was an actual question, about which I was concerned, and wanted an answer. But I have no real need or interest in fora and in online socialization in general. As I said before, this is why. You cross a petulant child like this, who's used to verbally bullying everyone else into conceding to his points, who has some pathological need to prove that he is the smartest or most knowledgeable person in the room, even if it's about something as relatively meaningless as little metal figures, and he will absolutely not quit until either he is made to or the other person gives in. This is the kind of "person" who will hang out in comic book stores, sputteringly attacking people over the meaningless and excruciating minutia of what he thinks to be his domain of expertise, because he overheard someone say something that he thinks is incorrect. And then will continue to argue, despite all the attempts of the other to graciously disengage, until they give in. News for you, dillhole: this doesn't make you right, it makes you a dillhole. The only "drama" here was created by him, and by the troll who accused me of being a troll. I only wanted some answers. Which the other, mature grown ups have given me. Anyway, that's it. I'm done. 

10 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Well I can help with this.  We are talking about the same posts.  I didn’t respond to the other as many others were there before me handling it.  There was nothing for me to add other than agreeing needlessly and adding text.  In this message I was here earlier and gave a response early and first given the tone I read into the post.  So yes, I treated both exactly the same in my mind by supporting those who responded first in the other message, but just happening to be the first here and responding verbally.

Hitting a like button a few times is not even remotely the same thing as making multiple posts.

And that interaction above, which I'm sure is going to get moderated out of existence, is exactly the kind of de-evolvement of a conversation that occurs when you continually insult someone. I had forgotten that quoted posts would bypass a block, otherwise I would not have quoted your additional provocations. I suspect that's the kind of interaction you were hoping for though and that's a shame.

I have locked this thread.

No posts are removed.

Y'all are better than this.  People are allowed to disagree. You don't have to like. You do have to stop being unkind and rude to each other.  Here, on these forums, it is actually the rules. 

I'm sorry the OP found customer service lacking. With the volume of emails increased, more form responses are used.  When the ordering volume jumps from what we see in a year to what we see every month, some personal touch services had to be phased out.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4