SamuraiJack

Black Hallows Townsfolk II

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147900702/black-hallows-townsfolk-ii

About

Welcome to our second Black Hallows Kickstarter campaign. With the lead up to the main game later this year, we are now expanding the range and have the following on offer.

28mm, 32mm and 75mm character miniatures

Horses & carts

The first two buildings for the world of Black Hallows (the first of many)

The Black Hallows: Cradle of Darkness novel

RPG content

...and of course, there are many stretch goals to unlock during the campaign.

f7913b4ccd76c14010c58bc12f9b6bdf_origina

Early Backers Special FREE Model - The iron cage - Limited to the first 300 main pledges only

i.e. The Townsfolk II pledge or the Tavern Pledge or above.

(£45 or more)

5e9c599914217b69df4aa5955d0e649b_origina

Welcome to the world of Black Hallows on this bitterly cold night, the wind is howling outside "The Boar's Head" tavern, the horses are restless in the stables, and a figure moves in the shadows...is it friend or foe? The Townsfolk are sleeping soundly in their beds, unaware of the danger that may be creeping towards them. The clouds race across the sky, and the wind continues to howl.

The Townsfolk II is the second set in a range of non-player character miniatures, crafted from the highest grade, lead free Pewter (This quality of metal is normally only used for masters). They are available in either 28mm or 32mm and will come with their own base toppers and plastic bases. They are ideal for use in role playing games like D&D, Pathfinder, etc. Use them in your war games or collect and paint them for display.

28mm miniatures have 25mm plastic bases and 32mm miniatures have 32mm plastic bases.

We are also offering any of the characters in a 75mm resin version (see below). 75mm resin versions have a cast resin plinth.

We will be using Backerkit as our pledge manager after the campaign ends. If you wish to pledge for add-ons, add the funds to your main pledge on Kickstarter and then inform us of your choice using the pledge manager. 

a4ea802e0712807b415bb6ea0e3703db_origina
673cd07d6a8517be765f33747128be3a_origina

Let us introduce you to the characters in the Townsfolk II.

1c170e8660361e6a8950804feb4f0254_origina

Gazamunder is the town's resident rat catcher; with him the only thing you can ever be sure of is that you can never be sure of him. Need information? It's yours at a price. Need information that's actually true? It'll cost you twice as much. Plookes, his faithful ratter, is the only living soul that he cares about.

618812a5019ca9fd8e44998a24d1d047_origina

Yarog's life has been an interesting one and if he could be persuaded to speak of it, the tales would certainly entertain the travelers that stop at the Boar's Head. He was raised in the far north, to a clan famed for their engineering prowess, destined to one day be their leader. However, Yarog always knew he wanted something different from life, something that he could get his teeth into. He left the safety and tradition of home and set off to find adventure and a really good recipe for tripe.

3613532684fa70cb45672cc85d987694_origina

Garot the Butcher, cold and unfeeling, like the carcasses that surround him. Butchery comes naturally to him and at times he enjoys his job a little too much. Hacking and slashing with relish, no wonder the other townsfolk only visit his shop in pairs!

2f75392e12bffc8f383435212ed34a8f_origina

Mace & Ridley live by the saying "They who drink beer will think beer!" and as the towns only brewers, they take their work very seriously and do a lot of "thinking".Which explains the slightly glazed expression, the unsteadiness of balance and the bouts of raucous singing. No one quite knows how they make a living from brewing their famous ale, but they're never short of cash, even when they do appear to drink all the profit! 

2d9f3d53e9b0c91375fb5a1cd5f05409_origina

The fine silks, sumptuous linens, and exotic velvet speak of wealth and power and Nikolai Magnus cultivates the illusion of being a successful textile merchant very well, but everyone knows cloth isn't the real source of his income. He is a loan shark of the most cold-blooded type.

26bfd3e5c515292eda44174ae242e03f_origina

You wouldn't think it to look at him,  sat hunched on his cart, but there's a lot more to Rawkin than meets the eye. There aren't many places he hasn't been and there's not much he hasn't seen or done. He knows pretty much every living being on the dirt roads from here to where the soil becomes the sea.

49e692223ce6623d812b84bc1f0ef900_origina

Add-Ons: The Hero Characters £6 (Each)

Kindra Whispersong was called to service by her God as a young girl. The divine magic that glows in her eyes and the powers that accompany it, has led her into many adventures and battles that most of the townsfolk could never imagine. She never speaks of her quest; that is between her and her deity. 

8f17d7c6cbe9c0755ddae2acc36735c5_origina

The tranquil, dignified air of Awyn Moonbinder only hints at the power, the energy and the skill that lies beneath his tanned skin and within his toned muscles. His spiritual training allows him to harness the power of the Hallows. He is a unique being, born on the furthest plains. Maybe that is why he feels at home as a lone wanderer, only ever passing through the village when he's returning to the monastery. 

b3c479b887421e169a58fc3a20e370d5_origina

Gulm, though his distinctively Orkish features cause many to shy away from him, he was raised by a loving human mother and like the stone he works, the sharp edges of his Ork personality have been smoothed. His strength and savagery are channeled through the tools he uses, making him the most sought after stonemason in the town. 

e3f67727d2c110e7cc280dcb6196daee_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
live tag, link, details
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

they have both.. and some figures in 75mm.  

Jon Stynes 7-time creator 3 days ago

Kelly, yes, 28mm and 32mm

Jon Stynes 7-time creator 3 days ago

Thanks Underattack, yes the horses will be available separately.

Scale image from KS1

SIZE COMPARISON

32mm Townsfolk, 28mm Reaper mini, 28mm War Machine, 28mm Townsfolk 32mm Townsfolk, 28mm Reaper mini, 28mm War Machine, 28mm Townsfolk

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is this a game or are they display pieces?

Not really my style but if the minis look as good as the renders then I might be interested. 

Those horses look amazing!   Here's hoping at a chance of adding some in from the first... Kind of can't wait to see what else comes of these! 

• Like 1

I'll be watching for this one. The first one came at a bad time for me but March should be a good time for me.

Does someone have a link to the original kickstarter?

I seem to be search function impaired this evening.

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Does someone have a link to the original kickstarter?

I seem to be search function impaired this evening.

Original Project Link.

Yes I often still track projects I didn't back to see how they're doing.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I didn't back the first KS because I found the female heroes a bit... too over the top... or very little on top, so a lot of danger of spillage out on top...  

This Cleric is also lacking in the clothing budget, but at least the pose isn't quite that cheesy. (It's still overly 'heroic' posed, but... )

I may back this one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Okay thanks, now I remember, it was the village of the supermodels.

I didn’t back cause while the renders looked great I wasn’t sure how well they’d translate to actual physical models. I wanted to see more physical minis.

Plus I was wary of why they were offering so many sizes when they stated that their game rules would be written for 32mm minis.

And I was disappointed in the lack of variety in the personalities of the female characters.

• Like 2

I find a few of the models rather interesting, like the town crier, the granny or the beggar. I would even be fine with 1-2 "supermodels" per gender in each set. For the female bard it seems in character to be a bit more ... open, and the smith or farmer probably have a lot of muscles due to their trade. But besides that, all the younger characters seem overly cheesy, and not really in the same style as granny, beggar or this new rat catcher.

Will definetly be watching though, that wagon set looks great.

• Like 3

Based onthe first one, I'm curious, but would REALLY like to see these in hand before I decide if I wanna back this one.

• Like 4