Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

Zest-it Brush Cleaner

I didn't see anything where Zest-It was promoting itself as natural (I may have missed it since I wasn't looking for it), but it says on the label that it contains Glycol Ether so in any case it's not a good idea to ingest any of it.  

• Like 1

I usually don't make a habit of gargling paint soap, but y'know, sometimes there are weird cravings. 

• Like 1

Cyradis, as a non certified doctor I must inform you that you are a pregnant. You are currently experiencing the symptom of cravings, there is no cure for the cravings. Surgery is not recommended.

Buglips, the advertisment I was talking about happened years ago and it was about another of their products. When it came out the main draw of the solvent was that it was natural therefore more safe than the *not* natural turpentine (turpentine comes from trees) and synthetic mineral spirits; smelt of lemons to prove it (Zest in the name). 

Pretty darn sure I'm not :poke: Paint weirdos though, never know what they'll eat? Especially when there is a chance of making Pingo shriek! 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

smelt of lemons to prove it (Zest in the name). 

I learned my lesson eating the Testors non-toxic glue that smelled like oranges.  It did not taste like oranges.  It's one of the few things I've eaten that tasted worse than the trading card bubblegum from 1983 that I ate in 2015.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I learned my lesson eating the Testors non-toxic glue that smelled like oranges.  It did not taste like oranges.  It's one of the few things I've eaten that tasted worse than the trading card bubblegum from 1983 that I ate in 2015.  

Needed to age longer.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, Clearman said:

I've only ever used pink soap, so can't rate against the others, but have never had any issues.  Pink soap is supposed to include a conditioner, and I frequently leave a coating of soap on the brush after the initial wash and rinse. 

Yup.  I leave soap on the brush and then clean it off before I use it again to paint.

• Like 1

I have some Master's Brush Soap coming eventually.  Never used brush soap before, but if it does anything interesting I'll be sure to let people know.  Of maybe more interest, I have ordered a significant amount of W&N Restorer so I can try it out as a stripper.  Simple Green and oven cleaner are pretty effective, but very messy.  The W&N Restorer is the most expensive option, but I want to see if it does a better job eating off the paint.  Judging from what it did to the handles of brushes I dipped too deep into it, I expect it will prove effective and, hopefully, easier to rinse and clean off once it does.  I'm going for a minimum of toothbrush scrubbing or poking into crevices with a sharp object.  

• Like 1