This one was an impulse buy about a month ago at a local gaming shop.  For some reason I couldn't leave the pirate captain behind and after some detail work he's ready to sail the high seas.. probably.

IMG_20190224_192356790.jpg

IMG_20190224_192404341.jpg

IMG_20190224_192411777.jpg

IMG_20190224_192415826.jpg

• Like 21

On 2/25/2019 at 4:35 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

Really like this guy. He's dripping with character. :winkthumbs:

And brine! 

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hey all,

It's been a while!  Didn't get a lot of painting done in the back half of last year because of a few things, but I have started to climb back to the painting desk.  I have a few projects I have completed that I will have to upload, but for now enjoy this rendition of Nor'Okk the Ettin.

For some reason I have a soft spot for large, Ogre-like miniatures.  I like the scale, I like that they're humanoid but big enough to have really good opportunities to play with muscle tone, etc.  I do have a lot of ogres set up to work on, so I wanted to make this ettin different looking.  It's not perfect, but I frankly had to get him wrapped up before Bones 4 inundates me even further!

Thanks for looking. C and C always appreciated.

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      I was painting Kieran Tallowmire. I was quite apprehensive as I found that miniature to be quite daunting will all the detail (books, candle, familiar on shoulder ...). I first wanted him to be different ... so no grey robes, no blue robes ... I went for green, which totally did not work out. So he ended up with blue robes (was the easiest way to salvage the wreck that "dark green" had done).
      Of course, the way he is holding the book and his hand, he is conjuring something,  but if green had worked, I would not have had an idea what - a plant maybe? Blue robes - water mage, water elemental. So I remembered that somewhere in my stash of 3D print files, where was a baptismal font, which looked like it could be used with Kieran.
      The next idea was to get some water sprite / elemental that was conjured out of the font ... and with a 3D file you can scale and reduce the size, so that is what I did with a water elemental / Water snake I had.
      A couple of mishaps later (me using liquid water for the first time, for example, and discovering that my version dissolves normal plastic glue) ... this is the result: I really think I had some good ideas, I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with my execution - but as I usually strive for table-top quality, I think it's ok.

The base is resin by Fenryll ... Thinking about using red on the runes outside the pentagram ... or do the blue, too? Or just leave them as they are?

Criticism welcome.

• By Fencig
      Some basic table-top paints here,  The owlbear paint is (more or less) a straight up copy of the Reaper website example but i think the base is interesting.  It starts off basically as a rock/gravel pile, and I thought it was rather boring so i turned it into the Owl Bear's cave floor covered in feces about an arms length deep. Practiced some sculpting on it. With P3 putty The big rocks were turned into Ogre skulls, a horse skull, and a face-down skeleton of some sad creature, all simmering in poo :)

The Ankheg, it's always a balance of painting something like for max visual appeal or realism, went with the latter since something that just burst out of the ground would be pretty dirty, at least on the side it's digging with. This is my own work, did not copy anything so in that regard I'm pretty happy with it.

For the back, went with a Game Color Dragon Green mixed with Filigree Silver, highlighted with a mix of bright yellow, Army painter Hemp rope, and a touch silver.

The Owl Bear fur is  Black Base + Citadel Rhinox Hide ,Game-color Woodland Brown and Dessert Tan layered in. Wings are Stormy gray lightening out Rainy gray  on tips. For some reason this model was really east to paint ,  it never fought back like some of them do, (probably because i coped a picture ;)

natural light

• By boldfont
      I don’t have the lot number yet. Also, this is my first post so guidance on posting conventions is welcome. 

The Bones 4 haul was extraordinary!

Edit: sized down. I’ll figure out how to get down to 150 kB later. 

• By Glitterwolf
      My first Black Bones mini, I got this lovely Owlbear from @Corsair !!!
      Thanks friend I hope did it proud!

WIP here if interested:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85553-bones-black-owlbear/

It took primer and paint very well.
      Glued with Greenstuffworld Superglue to it's base and flocked.

Hope you like it!

• Who's Online   50 Members, 2 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)