Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

March to New Hobby Hights!(March Hobby Goals)

So hobby goals for March. Mine are...

--PAINT SOMETHING!!!!

--Get better at Cat Cohabitation

--Get last item for my Box of Many Things Partner from December so I can send second package.

--Prepare for the Launch of season 4 of the No One Can Know About This podcast

--Pester Chris and TJ to release a new Episode of the Turtle's Paradise podcast

--Complete the Chapter 3's in Octopath Traveler

GF

• Like 10

Might as well put up my goals for March.

Continue painting terrain and monster for Rangers of Shadowdeep. Need a lot of walls and a few more odds and ends for terrain. Lots of monsters to go too.

Paint more on my female and cultist Frostgrave minis.

Finish the hills I started making today.

More terrain but not sure what yet. 

• Like 11

Might as well too, since tomorrow I'm going to be busy rebuilding a computer, and odds are Friday through Sunday will be consumed by something that you'd think is a song, but is really based around people in power armour blowing things up.  And shooting things.  And... You get the idea.  Anthem will be taking up my weekend I can pretty much guarantee that...

• More painting!  Striving for an average of half an hour a day of painting/hobbying, although an hour a day averaged would be awesome... Doubly so if hobbying happens at least four days a week.
  • Finish some of the minis I have lying around on my desk.  No, seriously, I actually do want some of that space back!
  • Greenstuff work on Wyrmgear, even if it's just smoothing out a few things to make him look more biotech/synth/living latex kind of deal.
  • Start Ritterlich CAV WIP thread!  Initial goal: get my current inventory of CAVs cleaned/trimmer, assembled for painting, and with bases complete.  Bonus: Prime said minis!
  • Organize my minis so they're all in one area, and at least somewhat... Well... Organized.  Oh, and bonus points for writing up a list of what I have, in an easily readable format.
  • Greenstuff Minotaur Demon Lord
  • Assemble, and fill gaps on 2x Narthrax.  One for hubby to paint, one for myself to paint.
  • Re-prime hubby's Ebonwrath
  • Decide between restarting my Tau, or the Catachans.... Be it either one character on the painting desk, or say four regular guys ^_^;;;

...That should be enough to keep me working away, I'd say.  Or at least for goals to pursue!

• Like 11

I have two goals left over from last month:

Standard bearer for my Ghost Archipelago crew (before the next game 9 March)

Additional Burrows and Badgers figures

New this month:

a unit of horsemen (vintage Riders of Rohan)

1/72 fantasy (something something mass battle stand)

Something historical (early Dark Ages Britons or Saxons most likely)

• Like 10

Didn't do much last month.

• Finish the Blackreef Pirate ( Reaper)
  • Finish the Female Monk ( Oathsworn)
  • Finish the Asian Necromancer ( Clan War)
  • Work more maybe try to finish La Charra ( Bust - Creepytables Miniatures)

Most importantly - Defeat my brainweasels and feel better so I might actually do it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I will be abroad for a few days this month but not too long, I'm going to EuroDisney on a hen do- it's not my cup of tea necessarily but I'm sure I'll have a good time as I like the group of girls going!

This month for my hobby goals I would like to:

1) Receive Bones 4! Hopefully? Maybe? If they're shipping in March as it sounds like they're on track to do I suspect my parcel will arrive here in dear old blighty either the very end of March or the start of April- so here's hoping!

2a) Paint 15 miniatures! I did it in January and February (exceeded, even) so lets hope March stays on trend! I actually have a bunch of minis prepped already that are almost ready to start painting (a mix of reaper bones and wizkids unpainted)

2b) I would really like 5 of the miniatures I paint this month to be miniatures I can use for the WD:DH module I'll be running hopefully this month

3) Print off all needed maps for Chapter 1 of WD:DH

4) Complete list of needed miniatures for the whole module- shop accordingly?

Personal goals

1) Get a new job? I was approached by the charity I volunteer for who asked me to apply for a full time paid role that's becoming available shortly, so hopefully I'll hear back on that this month!

2) Prepare for EuroDisney! Clothes shopping is definitely needed I've been told there will be several themes we need to dress for throughout the long weekend which at this time I have nothing suitable for!

• Like 12

1) More Baroque painters!  (5 figures) 

- last month was 3 painters, id like to finish Delaquez, Rubens and then do a third this month.

- I will not be doing lizardmen for Rubens.  I'll actually use someone with flesh. 

2) finish Rumbleguts, and start another metal miniature. 

• Like 10

I have the same boring goal, finish 4 minis in March.  Thought I am hoping to get going on my 54mm diorama again, it's been sitting untouched for about 2 years.

• Like 10

keeping with my 2019 goals, in March I plan to:

1.  Paint a character mini for my friend's D&D game
  2.  Finish my friend's ranger for Rangers of Shadow Deep
  3.  Paint another Hasslefree figure
  4.  Paint my four armed Hate monster
  5.  Finish this month's Mithril miniature

My long term goals for 2019:

Paint all the figures in the annual box (5)

Continue my current Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign and perhaps work on two mini campaigns

Paint three entries for miniature painting competitions this year. It has increased to five. (2 down)

Run a Call of Cthulhu game for my roleplaying group

Paint character minis for all the players in my D&D group. (on track with three)

Paint a Mithril miniature each month (on track with three)

buckyball

• Like 10

I painted nothing last month. This month, i hope to finish a number of near complete things that have been on my desk for far too long. as well as get pictures for show off of the things I finished in January and December and even as far back as August. If can get a chance to sit down and straighten my desk today I might be able to make a more specific goals list.

• Like 10

Failed to meet the past two months goals, so I am reluctant to made any grand goals this month. Doctor might have figured out what is wrong with my hands/arms, but as it might need surgery to correct I still need to minimize aggravating the nerves and avoid sitting/slouching/repetitious activities. But I upgraded my brushes a couple weeks ago, and really don't want to wait 3-4 months to use them. So my only goal is to put paint on a model, not worrying about finishing it.

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Failed to meet the past two months goals, so I am reluctant to made any grand goals this month. Doctor might have figured out what is wrong with my hands/arms, but as it might need surgery to correct I still need to minimize aggravating the nerves and avoid sitting/slouching/repetitious activities. But I upgraded my brushes a couple weeks ago, and really don't want to wait 3-4 months to use them. So my only goal is to put paint on a model, not worrying about finishing it.

Accidentally hit like instead of sad for this. Tried to change it and now my computer is showing like and a sad ghost emoticon. Hoping things will work out for you so you can continue to paint.

• Like 6

@Zink no need to be sad, because this is finally the first time in two years that they might actually have a chance of fixing my arms instead of doing a test, shrugging their shoulders and forgetting about me until I'm in their face telling them it's worse. #bitter #healthcaresucks #medicineisallabout$$$nowadays

This should be a time to rejoice! Paint your minis so I can live vicariously through you ::D:

• Like 10

On 2/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, Morihalda said:

February:

- Sculpt two figures. Nothing fancy. I won't make characters I'm attached to and then get frozen because they're not even close to how I pictured. Just plain people practice.

- I'd like to get some basing done on Ma'al.

- A friend bought a pirate mini on the Reaper site, so the next step is to have him come over and paint it!

- I redid the armature twice on the minis. One of the poses is still "meh" to me, but I need to just get the putty on there. I'm on the "bulking up the minis with muscles" stage.

- I made two practice bases and got quite a bit done on Ma'al's base, though there's still a long way to go!

- My friend did come over and we had a paint day. He loved it and I'm super excited for him because he wants more paint days! :wub: 

March:

- Finish sculpting February's two figures

- Sculpt a mini for a friend!

- Finish basing Ma'al.

Art Weasel deterrents: Paint a few more Ma'al scales, do a bit more cross stitch. :) 

• Like 11

Goals for March:

1. make a goals list

2. finish a couple things in my queue

3. prep some new stuff

4. hope it gets warm enough to spray prime/seal this month

• Like 12