Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

March to New Hobby Hights!(March Hobby Goals)

It appears I skipped making February goals, though I did paint things.  March on:

• Acquire Badger airbrush and play with it.  I'd hoped to have it by now but I haven't checked if others have started to receive their 55 orders or not.  Soon I will reach the point where I would have preferred to pay more to already have it.
  • Continue RP challenge stuff in the meantime.  I have 4 minis I'm working on finishing now.
  • Continue to work through my stack of Bones.  In order to limit my options I have decided to only pull minis from the Stoneskull expansion for this month.  Tonight we shall attempt to straighten the minotaur's floppy axe.
  • Like 10

Oh, Lordy, is it March...?  Between a very bad bout of bronchitis that had me bedridden (how alliterative of me!) and having my apartment turned into Camp Watsonia during my daughter and her Man Clan's visit (husband and four boys) over two weekends, with torrential rain and even snow in between, I really got nothing done in February except teach all four of my grandsons, ages 13, 11, 9 and 6 how to paint minis.  They were fascinated by all my minis, painted or not, and particularly by all the dragons in residence, so there was a lot of "Oh, wow, Nana, how do you paint so small?" which led to "Can you paint some minis for us?" which led to "Can you tech us how to do that?"  But of course, my loves!  Nana would be happy to start you on your own metal cocaine habits! 

Needless to say, my paint table was in chaos by the time they left earlier this week.

Now it's time to get back in the groove:

1. Continue with the next batch of minis for my current commission

2. Finish the next dragon in the queue

• Like 13

My goal is to finish Johan Rumbleguts and his pugs, and use a nice base for them.

Goal 2 is to finish off some Rach CAVs that are semi finished.

• Like 9

Didn't have to move after all, hurrah hurrah hooray! But roommate logistics and related stress slowed me down in Feb. 
March:
-going to tackle some bigger pieces, including the Nolzur's Treant and Shambling Mound. 
-Finish at least two of the back-burner Works in Progress. 
-Cotton-candy stand and other concessions for the Circus project! (Taking some tips from @Dr.Bedlam's magnificent  Bubblegum Dragon http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65705-bubblegum-dragon/&page=5 )
-Consider, start, then probably neglect if we are to be honest, a Sputnik-style Soviet spacecraft from a ping-pong ball and some odds and ends. 

• Like 10

On 3/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Didn't do much last month.

• Finish the Blackreef Pirate ( Reaper)
  • Finish the Female Monk ( Oathsworn)
  • Finish the Asian Necromancer ( Clan War)
  • Work more maybe try to finish La Charra ( Bust - Creepytables Miniatures)

Most importantly - Defeat my brainweasels and feel better so I might actually do it.

Woohooo!!!

Finished three already and started on an Asian Dragon..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, MiniDungeonMaster said:

I will be abroad for a few days this month but not too long, I'm going to EuroDisney on a hen do- it's not my cup of tea necessarily but I'm sure I'll have a good time as I like the group of girls going!

This month for my hobby goals I would like to:

1) Receive Bones 4! Hopefully? Maybe? If they're shipping in March as it sounds like they're on track to do I suspect my parcel will arrive here in dear old blighty either the very end of March or the start of April- so here's hoping! okay, probably not this month- but next maybe?!

2a) Paint 15 miniatures! I did it in January and February (exceeded, even) so lets hope March stays on trend! I actually have a bunch of minis prepped already that are almost ready to start painting (a mix of reaper bones and wizkids unpainted) I’m halfway through, so that’s alright I’ve finished 7 and got more on the WIP rack so should meet the goal- but don’t think I’ll exceed it this month.

2b) I would really like 5 of the miniatures I paint this month to be miniatures I can use for the WD:DH module I'll be running hopefully this month uhhhh I’ll get back to you on this one, I think maybe 3 of the minis I’ve done so far have been useable for dragon heist-  so should be able to meet this goal

3) Print off all needed maps for Chapter 1 of WD:DH I’ve done nothing on this one

4) Complete list of needed miniatures for the whole module- shop accordingly? I’ve done chapter one, so that’s something at least! And lots of the minis I’ve already done in the past will be alright for this. I won’t be able to buy any minis this month realistically but I have started putting together a shopping list.

Personal goals

1) Get a new job? I was approached by the charity I volunteer for who asked me to apply for a full time paid role that's becoming available shortly, so hopefully I'll hear back on that this month! success! I was offered the position and have handed in my notice at work- nerve wracking but exciting! 

2) Prepare for EuroDisney! Clothes shopping is definitely needed I've been told there will be several themes we need to dress for throughout the long weekend which at this time I have nothing suitable for! did all the shopping, spent more than I wanted- hence no hobby budget this month! Or next month realistically- new job pays more but comes with increased travel costs so will need a month to “catch up” after that hobby budget will increase! At the train station on my way to Disney now!

Mid month update!

• Like 6

On 2/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, Zink said:

Might as well put up my goals for March.

Continue painting terrain and monster for Rangers of Shadowdeep. Need a lot of walls and a few more odds and ends for terrain. Lots of monsters to go too.

Paint more on my female and cultist Frostgrave minis.

Finish the hills I started making today.

More terrain but not sure what yet. 

Might as well do a half month update too. Had a burst of painting early in the month before I decided paperwork was more important.

Painted most of the scatter terrain and about half the monster for Rangers of Shadowdeep. Currently working on some Mantic zombies that will be used as ghoul flingers. They have bones and arms in their hands and look like they want to throw them. Also working on sculpting a test for dark root vine and giant fly. The fly is cute and I'm liking it.

Painted a couple more Frosgrave girls and have slapped semi random colours on a few more. If I have some paint left over from whatever my main focus is I use it up on them.

Finished the hills and think I have the mixture figured out for my home made sculptamold. It's plaster and paper and seems very useful for terrain.

Made 2 6"x3"x1/2" walls for the wall spell in Frostgrave. 

I also stocked up on various raw materials for terrain making. 

Current goals

Post pics of all the stuff I've finished so far.

Finish the Shadowdeep stuff. Half a dozen zombies and ghouls partly painted, 2 giant snakes, darkroot plant (Bones dragon plant), 5 darkroot vines (1 partially sculpted), 2 doors and a bunch of walls.

Keep working on the Frostgrave girls.

Make plans for necessary terrain now that I have everything to build it.

• Like 4

On 3/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, Rigel said:

March:
-going to tackle some bigger pieces, including the Nolzur's Treant and Shambling Mound. 
-Finish at least two of the back-burner Works in Progress. 
-Cotton-candy stand and other concessions for the Circus project! (Taking some tips from @Dr.Bedlam's magnificent  Bubblegum Dragon http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65705-bubblegum-dragon/&page=5 )
-Consider, start, then probably neglect if we are to be honest, a Sputnik-style Soviet spacecraft from a ping-pong ball and some odds and ends. 

Progress report: Was out of town for a week and then came down with a bad flu this past weekend, but! 
-Dagon is mostly finished
-Concessions stands just need signs printed
-Stonehaven Steampunk Half-Orc and Bombshell Shaman Orc are as done as they're likely to get, likewise the Simone LaCroix copy.
-Work's coming along on the big plant fellas, and I'm also getting the Nolzur's mushroom folks painted! I think I will call them Cletus and Boletus.

• Like 2