Glitterwolf

Getting to know you March 2019 brought to you by Glitterwolf

Welcome to Getting to Know You, March 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 12:00 hours CET. ( Central European Time)
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

First question will be posted within a few minutes to avoid merging of the posts.

All HAIL WOOF!

• Like 7

WEEKEND CHALLENGE March 1rd - 3rd.

What would you paint if you had to paint a mini from a different setting than you're used to?

Show us one! 

(For Example:  If you usually paint Scifi minis, show us a mini you've done from a historical/fantasy/chibi/steampunk setting. It may be an older one)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

What would you paint if you had to paint a mini from a different setting than you're used to?

Show us one! 

I always paint fantasy and haven't attempted to paint a sci-fi figure other than a few 40k orks back when I first learned to paint in the early 90s. They were what my friend who taught me how to paint told me to get. Haven't put a brush near anything like that since. Oddly enough, I just got in 2 Infinity sci-fi minis from Corvus Belli yesterday. I haven't had a chance to touch them yet. Admittedly, one of the Infinity figures looks like a tech fantasy model, but the other has a big ole gun and a heaping spoonful of swagger. She's something called a "Nomads Reverend Custodiers". No clue what that is, but she would be my pick.

I also have a few Relic Knight figures, but I got them because they look more like anime figures than normal sci-fi minis. Haven't painted those poor neglected things either.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

(For Example:  If you usually paint Scifi minis, show us a mini you've done from a historical/fantasy/chibi/steampunk setting. It may be an older one)

I'd paint that BFG (big fluffing gun) from Bones 3. I did want it, but couldn't really justify it, considering major artillery doesn't usually get used in our (almost always) fantasy campaigns.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

I have painted fantasy mins and BattleMechs.  I believe the absolute opposite would be Napoleonic historical minis, but I can't say I'm interested.  Close to that would be quasi-modern, something like 50267: Deputy Wayne Tisdale.

I don't have any modern minis painted and I'm unlikely to get any painted this weekend.

• Like 7

I usually paint fantasy, because reasons. If I were painting something else it would probably be Historical or Sci-Fi. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

I am thoroughly devoted to my own nuts take on Fantasy, but I do love the Infinity minis AND, at one time, I was thinking of doing Orks for 40K.

I had some Swizzle Stick conversions (they had swizzle sticks stuck on when I got them) which I have donated to a Reaper Forum Fellow:

DSCN4532.jpg

DSCN4534.jpg

They were fun to paint even if nothing came of the gaming prospects.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

That almost feels like a tough one to answer, given I seem to paint varied things, so instead I'll go by what's on my painting table.  Hmm, gnolls, rats, CAVs, and some Tau.

Guess I can't say that big giant Tau robot then (the like $170 CAD one), which also kind of sort of rules out the other playful answer because GunPla is arguably big stompy robots - just bigger.  Hmmm *thinks*

I know!  I could paint... A HUMAN. ::P:  or maybe one of them half-human half-demon women, since that's probably most of the way to the exact opposite of what I typically paint...  Fully opposite would probably be something with smooth skin (there's a LOT of fur on my various minis), and yeah, female.  So....  That new djinn Bones Black mini? :lol:

Or I could paint a F18, that could work too.  Or an AH64D Longbow... 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Show us one! 

I usually paint fantasy, but I'm not above painting something different just on a whim...

Spoiler

mystery-gang-a.thumb.jpg.e92289710a736c93d204cd76f47739a2.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alchemist said:

Show us one! 

I usually paint fantasy, but I'm not above painting something different just on a whim...

Reveal hidden contents

mystery-gang-a.thumb.jpg.e92289710a736c93d204cd76f47739a2.jpg

So you're saying a talking dog that helps solve mysterious crimes isn't fantasy? ^_^

The last many years I've been focusing on fantasy and historical stuff from ancients to medieval. But I also do 6mm scifi, Warhammer 40k/scifi and Battletech. Theoretically anyhow. They haven't been touched in ages. Would like to do WW2 but the fantasy/ancients has been absorbing all my time and money. Not sure I have anything on hand that doesn't fit into those categories.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately for this question there is no setting I do not paint. SF, fantasy, historical and horor

• Like 7

I don't usually paint monsters or creatures. The demonic or gross ones especially, just don't see the appeal. Since I have a griffin in the works I'll see if I can get a pic for you. It looks like Sunday is going to be another snow day. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

I usually paint fantasy (Reaper/GW/Wizkids) or Sci-fi (Infinity), but I have a massive pile of unpainted chibis from Sodapop that I gave up on due to the 'complications' from their last few kickstarters :unsure: I'll see if I can dig out one to paint this weekend.

6 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Oddly enough, I just got in 2 Infinity sci-fi minis from Corvus Belli yesterday. I haven't had a chance to touch them yet. Admittedly, one of the Infinity figures looks like a tech fantasy model, but the other has a big ole gun and a heaping spoonful of swagger. She's something called a "Nomads Reverend Custodiers". No clue what that is, but she would be my pick.

I was going to ask which one you got, but every version of that mini is gorgeous! Have fun painting it! :poke:

• Like 7

I do fantasy and sci-fi...the setting I usually don't care for is lovecraft..so..maybe something like that?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show us one! 

A hard one to answer. 

I don't really stick to a specific genre of minis, and the ones I haven't dabbled in (like historical or anthropomorphic etc.) hold no interest to me whatsoever.

• Like 5