Sign in to follow this  
Othikent

Nozdormu (Wizkids, Red Dragon)

Whoa, that figure works so well as a gold/bronze dragon. My favorite part is the way you painted up the wing flaps to look almost like tan feathers. Gives the beast an even more magical look than normal. Painting it's under scales that creamy bone color helps temper, as well as show off the metallic scales, and it ties into the wing skin beautifully. It's a nicely balanced looking metallic dragon. Very tricky to pull off. Outstanding job.

• Like 3

Beautiful dragon and great base - thanks for adding how you did it. I like the sparse touches of purple and that the bits inbetween on the wings look almost transluscent.

That's awesome! I'm very interested in hearing how you made the base re: foam & fire. Those things don't mix nicely in my experience.

Thank you! as for the base I made a rough form by stacking foam core in a rough shape. I used a micro torch (an oversized lighter really) to melt and shrink the form into slightly more organic look. Don't actually touch the flame to the foam, just get it near to it. A little goes a long way here and I may have accidentally lit it on fire once or twice. Also make sure to wear a respirator of have a window open, the fumes are not good.

• Like 1