Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Female Hill Giant by Julie Guthrie

5 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

wonderful work.

love the skin.

Thanks Evilhalfing!  I figured she's a lady that spends most of her busy day outdoors, so she should be pretty tan and sun-weathered.

• Like 1

She is lovely. Beautiful hair and skin. You really brought out the character of this mini. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

She is lovely. Beautiful hair and skin. You really brought out the character of this mini. 

She is a beautiful old classic!

She looks really good!

I love the skin and her fur clothing!

Poor husband stayed out drinking too long and she was waiting for him!

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

She looks really good!

I love the skin and her fur clothing!

Poor husband stayed out drinking too long and she was waiting for him!

Thanks Glitterwolf, I tried to keep earthy, natural colors in mind. 

• Like 1

really did a great job. don't think I've ever seen a female hill giant. something i wouldn't mind reaper fixing *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ducknuck84 said:

really did a great job. don't think I've ever seen a female hill giant. something i wouldn't mind reaper fixing *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* 

They have a really cool one sculpted by Sandra Garrity, a large lady in a fur bikini with an axe in her hand. I’ve got her as well to paint one of these days. I’ll see if I can hunt down the link in the catalogue.

Here we go:  http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/giant/sku-down/02622

She’s a beauty!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

They have a really cool one sculpted by Sandra Garrity, a large lady in a fur bikini with an axe in her hand. I’ve got her as well to paint one of these days. I’ll see if I can hunt down the link in the catalogue.

Here we go:  http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/giant/sku-down/02622

She’s a beauty!

I do love the Sandra Garrity sculpt but with the new Hill giants on the horizon would be interested to see what they could come up with to match them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ducknuck84 said:

I do love the Sandra Garrity sculpt but with the new Hill giants on the horizon would be interested to see what they could come up with to match them.

Good point! I don’t recall seeing a lady hill giant to accompany those brutes soon to come. The one I’m actually waiting for however with baited breath is the female stone giant. 

2 hours ago, Pineapple said:

Great skintone and fur!

Thank you Pineapple!

• Like 1

Beautiful skin - her muscles almost ripple before my eyes! Really inspiring fur armor - the edges of the hide are perfect.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By Maledrakh
      Storm Giant. Or Blue Zeus if you will.

Being from the first Bones kickstarter, this mini is in the softer material. That big sword there was a noodle when I received it. I repositioned it with hot water, and again, it is for the most part OK even if it is slightly bent, it is only apparent from certain angles.
      Also, it has a mould line indentation groove going down the front shoulder that I probably should have filled, as it became very apparent after painting.
      I based it on a 76mm bespoke 3Dprinted round lipped base.

For some reason, the female is quite a lot smaller than the male. Say what you will, they certainly are giant sized when compared with humans!
      I chose to paint them as Papa Smurf and Smurfette, just because.

In the third kickstarter Reaper started redoing the Giants, replacing them with significantly larger versions of previously released ones. These have not been remade (yet). I would expect them to do that in the expected-to-be-upcoming fifth kickstarter, as they have recently shown off a print of the same female figure in a different pose and at about twice the size.

77163: Male Storm Giant
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC
      76mm 3Dprinted base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Maledrakh
      The second of the day's random bones is the Flesh Golem from the third kickstarter.

Basically your Frankenstein's Monster. There was a flesh golem in the first kickstarter as well, but this one is larger, fatter and he has got technological bits sticking out here and there.
      I painted the different parts in several distinct fleshtones, but the subsequent wash with Druuchi Violet and Athonian Camoshade evened out the colour significantly more than I expected. The purple seams I painstakingly painted in more or less dissappeared! The ripped pants started out dark blue green, but ended up dark brown.
      Apart from the drying time I spent maybe half an hour on this mini.

Frankenstein's Ogre!

77512: Flesh Golem
      From the third Bones kickstarter, 2015
      Stoneskull expansion
      Reaper Miniatures
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm base.
      available from reapermini.com

• By Maledrakh
      I have always found the concept of snakemen, with the heads, bodies and undercarriages of snakes, but arms like men, to be a bit of an evolutionary fluke. How exactly did these evolve? Of course, the answer is as always "magic" or "don't ask, don't tell".

This one is from the very first Bones kickstarter and as such is in the earliest, whitest and most bendy type of Bones material. The weapons were a bit noodly, but nothing that could not be fixed with a spot of hot water though.

I painted this as a coral snake. First the red, then the yellow, then the black.

77153: Snakeman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter,
      Swamp Things subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

So last night finally finished this little lady, a very petit mage sculpted by Julie Guthrie in the early eighties.  With this one, I kind of felt that her shoes were so petite that I didn't want to put neither grass nor cornmeal (for dirt) in front of them, as to not completely cover them up, so I just did a super simple base without anything.  

I really like this figure and didn't realize how much detail she has until I got her primed and really started working on her.  I had no idea she had a rose on the top of her staff for example.

and all the bangles she's got on and  with the chains on her left hand, couldn't really appreciate it in her unpainted state.  Before I primed her, she kind of reminded me of the Julie Guthrie Hill Giant I painted recently, where you couldn't be sure how her face was going to really look, but when you got her primed and painted she looked a lot more decent.  

I thought the highlights on the cape were going to pop out a little bit more, but oh well. Next time I'll do deeper shadows and higher highlights!

So hope you all enjoy!
      Mark
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)