Sign in to follow this  
BlazingTornado

Kobold heads for conversions?

So I recently acquired a lot of the D&D adventure board games of recent years in an attempt at cheaply expanding my minis count.

Which worked out pretty well.... Except the kobolds of Castle Ravenloft (because when I think gothic horror... I think kobolds!) and Wrath of Ashardalon have those horrible 3rd/4th edition "draconic" heads instead of the much more delightful "horned hairless doggie" kobold heads of AD&D, like Reaper thankfully makes.

Don't really feel like splitting the sets, so does anyone out there make just heads for classic kobolds for converting purposes?

• Like 1

Otherworld Miniatures produce quite a few old style kobolds. I don't believe they do separate heads 'though. I'm aware that Hasslefree miniatures have a dragon headed martial artist who's head might be separate but I don't believe they do little doggy kobold heads. Most of the Otherworld monsters are based heavily on the Advanced D&D 1st edition Monster Manual illustrations to get that old school dungeon delving feel.

I would say, if you like the Reaper kobolds, you can pretty easily get six heads for four bucks (although they're out of stock at the moment). That's about as good a price as you're likely to see, even if you found a sprue of heads without bodies.

Yeah, the thing is I don't want to just waste the minis, so if I could swap out heads instead of tossing them in a bin to be forever forgotten I'd rather do that.