BLZeebub

Need help IDing undead/mecha miniature

This guy stands on a GW base but, according the the local aficionados, isn't.  It's in 5 or so pieces, stands around 10cm tall if I recall, and is molded in a very light but not flimsy plastic--I had to hold it a while to make sure it wasn't resin.  Ideas?

20190309_172319.jpg

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Like 2

Any chance this was part of a Kickstarter or custom printed?

My Google-fu is normally fairly potent, but I have been bested.  I thought I had a lead with some Corvus Belli minis (there is some visual similarity to the Avatar), but ended up with nothing.

• Like 4

On 3/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, BLZeebub said:

This guy stands on a GW base but, according the the local aficionados, isn't.  It's in 5 or so pieces, stands around 10cm tall if I recall, and is molded in a very light but not flimsy plastic--I had to hold it a while to make sure it wasn't resin.  Ideas?

20190309_172319.jpg

is that the color of the material, or does it have a coat of primer?

• Like 2

That's bare plastic.  The pic makes it look just a little lighter than in person, but it has sort of a finecast color and feel.  Also, unless it's an as-yet unheard of machine, I'm pretty sure it's not printed.

• Like 3

The other half suggested that the style might indicate a District 9 type of mech suit.

I had a brief look through the weta stuff and while it's familiar it doesn't seem quite right.

Edited by Sibling
update
  • Like 2

I'm really shocked... this was posted March 9th, and still no answer... Usually these sorts of posts are answered within hours, if not minutes... :blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I'm really shocked... this was posted March 9th, and still no answer... Usually these sorts of posts are answered within hours, if not minutes... :blink:

Tell me about it!

I can't find it..I thought it resembled the style of the Empire of Men range, but I can't find anything like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

People here are good at this, but not omniscient.  There have been at least a couple of cases where minis were never identified.

I'm drawing a blank on this one too.

• Like 3

Having said that, I managed to find it shortly afterward. :rolleyes:

It is from the Faceless faction of a Kickstarter boardgame called The Edge: Dawnfall by Awaken Realms.

The-Edge-Faceless.thumb.jpg.1af67771c50a6030682bc4a74f3a61e5.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

People here are good at this, but not omniscient.  There have been at least a couple of cases where minis were never identified.

I'm drawing a blank on this one too.

Sometimes it's just a matter of getting the right set of eyes (or search terms...).

"Never give up.  Never surrender."

:winkthumbs:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, alchemist said:

Having said that, I managed to find it shortly afterward. :rolleyes:

It is from the Faceless faction of a Kickstarter boardgame called The Edge: Dawnfall by Awaken Realms.

My hero!  And here I am, waiting for this Kickstarter too!  The boys at my FLGS will be pleased, and so will I!

@Reaper forumites in general:  I knew you guys could do it!

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Like 4

ID successful. Well done. But this raises a question:

These are mirror prints of each other?

The-Edge-Faceless.jpg

20190309_172319.jpg

Is this photo ^ mirrored flopped left-right ? 

(The claw and shield are on opposite arms  and the legs are reversed.) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TGP said:

ID successful. Well done. But this raises a question:

These are mirror prints of each other?

Is this photo ^ mirrored flopped left-right ? 

(The claw and shield are on opposite arms  and the legs are reversed.) 

My photo is correct, or at least not mirrored.  I was kind of wondering that myself.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

My photo is correct, or at least not mirrored.  I was kind of wondering that myself.

The original pic with the box comes off as rendered to me.

I think yours is the right one.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now