Valthorn_Illian

Painting Combined Army

Any ideas what would go with my purple armor? It's Blue Liner, Styx Purple, Runic Purple, and a hint of Amethyst Purple. Green is a natural complement but the colors read a bit clowny to me unless I'm using the wrong shades (Briliant Green Triad). I'm currently thinking blue might look good with it but that'll still leave unit skin tones to figure out. Or i could go with blue armor which leave me back where i started. Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated.

20190313_205804.jpg

20190313_205819.jpg

• Like 4

may want to try darkening up the green with a blue wash if you want it to seem a bit less mardigras. or maybe switch your green with either a blue or red and save the green for markings.

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

may want to try darkening up the green with a blue wash if you want it to seem a bit less mardigras. or maybe switch your green with either a blue or red and save the green for markings.

How would the blue look next to the purple? What would be a good mid tone? I tried that combo once before on space marines and, while it looked good, it was a bit of a pain to do. Though here I don't have to do as many.

Edited by Valthorn_Illian

25 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

How would the blue look next to the purple? What would be a good mid tone? I tried that combo once before on space marines and, while it looked good, it was a bit of a pain to do. Though here I don't have to do as many.

I'll need to look through my paint box this evening to see which ones I use.

Yellow is actually the complimentary color for purple. I would go with a pale yellow if you have a dark purple.

Purple is an oddball color when it comes to color temperature. I would call that one cool. You could try shading it with a dark blue ink to really push it toward cool. Also white makes a good contrasting color for that hue and shade of purple. Maybe shade the white with a cream color like Reaper linen white to really bump up the contrast. Or shade the white with a very pale slate color if you want to unify the model. Of course you could go for something radical like a pale green maggot white...:wow:.

3 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Purple is an oddball color when it comes to color temperature. I would call that one cool. You could try shading it with a dark blue ink to really push it toward cool. Also white makes a good contrasting color for that hue and shade of purple. Maybe shade the white with a cream color like Reaper linen white to really bump up the contrast. Or shade the white with a very pale slate color if you want to unify the model. Of course you could go for something radical like a pale green maggot white...:wow:.

It's already shaded with Blue Liner in every plate and joint.