eldamir

Breast Cancer Dragon ( yet another random rainbow challenger)

6 minutes ago, Iridil said:

He's lovely

Or she is lovely?

I've been calling it a 'he', but given the colors and intention, perhaps 'she' would be better.. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      An experiment in color-blending and washes. Wanted to evoke a different kind of flame than we often think of. 

"Giants and the Genii
      Multiplex of wing and eye
      Whose strong obedience broke the sky
      When Solomon was King."

This is a truly fantastic sculpt and I love it. A cheerfully cruel expression, like a cat with a mouse. 

Yes, that is a Goetic sigil. Photos taken in natural light during the Golden Hour,  unmodified. Armor is AP Rough Iron, GW Gehenna's Gold, and DecoArt Rich Espresso, with touches of Nihilakh Oxide and Nuln Oil. Skin wash was a mixture of AP Red Tone and some midnight blue wash. Came out a lovely bruise color. 

And a couple more shots for context and scale.

"What cause, O Man, would you have to trouble Me with your summons? Great must your need be, or you would not bring such calamities upon the world."

I could probably snazz those swords up a bit, but she's not too bad for tabletop quality!  
    • By Zanderina
      Hello all! 

@Echoside_ challenged me to do this! 

I attached the colors that were rolled and a pic of the dragon lined. Sorry for the short post,  but it serves purposes. 

Cheers! 
      -Z

• By FireImp
      Here’s my next big project, a 1984 Ral Partha dragon. This old fellow was in pieces when I received him, and painted. I’ve cleaned him up, removed the old epoxy glue, pinned him back together, and tonight realized it looks like he’s rising out of the water. He needs a bigger base, which I have (75x46mm oval). But I have never done any basing, and I’d like to create a base that extends the appearance of water. I have no idea how to do that, so any and all suggestions and illustrations are welcome!

• By Maledrakh
      Wyrmgear the Clockwork Dragon was a part of the very first Bones kickstarter back in 2012. It has been standing around unpainted and semi-assembled on my Dragon shelf (the top one with extra space for all the wings and such) several years. Some time ago, I pulled it off the shelf and started rusting it up.
      And it did not look good. So I put it back on the shelf.
      And took it down again after some time, did some more rusting. And still it did not look any good.
      And some of this was down to the pristine, straight and flat wings. The wings are made in a much harder / more rigid plastic than the rest of the Bones. They might be polystyrene, but could  just as well be the same Bonesium PVC with less plasticiser. Whatever the case is, the wings are really hard and totally non-flexible.
      So I cut them up with scissors and took those wings outside behind the garage and burned them with fire!
      My trusty lighter delivered flaming retribution to those wings, letting me bend and scrunch them a bit.
      So, with the stiff and pristine wings dealt with, it was time for some more paint.
      None of the earlier paint jobs were any good, in the end I dumped a bunch of Citadel Nihilakh Oxide all over it, drybrushed a bunch of different bronzes, golds and greenish steel. The wing "cloth" is based on Citadel Ionrach Skin, Reaper Vampiric Shadow and a whole buch of other paints, shades and inks.

Pics below the clicky bit

• By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  We now have a cute little Christmas scene with mama Blightfang and her wee ones getting ready for the holidays!  A little early for some holiday cheer but it was fun 

Learned a few things: don't use wood glue to hold down snow it gives a disturbing yellow cast.  Blightfangs scales are actually leaves, making her more of a forest dragon than a classic green, and I think one of her children was adopted...

I really had a lot of fun with this, even if it wasn't my best work.  It came out well.  I really like the red and teal fades on the wings.

I hope everyone enjoys this little window into the holidays...

and one more thing.  Although it shows off the teal wings really well and it's an adventurers favorite view, the backside of a dragon is not the most exciting!

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)