Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 sign up thread

If I am selected to start a new box, I can get it rolling with or without Bones IV. Even if we started today, there's no way the boxes would complete their circuits before Bones IV gets into most peoples hands.

If the purpose of delaying is just to fill every box with Bones IV minis that we will all have just received, it seems like it kind of defeats the purpose. Variety of subject matter and source material is a big part of what appeals to me with the BoGW. We could always start up a separate Bones IV trading circuit if there is tremendous demand for it.

My preference is for not waiting, but it's not something I would fight for.

Maybe give it a week, then go?

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 6

Maybe some attempt can be made to group the people who have a strong preference to start together, and the same with the waiters?

I really don't have a strong preference, although I do think a short wait will make it easier for me to inventory my Bones 4 haul and drop some of them in. It's not a huge deal though, as I have minis to contribute either way. 

• Like 5

I don't have a strong preference, but if the box starters already have boxes ready to go, waiting for Bones seems unnecessary. Also, Bones are likely to get added to the boxes during the cycle. So why not just get started?

• Like 8

The biggest issue I have is that most of what I have is earmarked for...projects, yah that's it. I know there are a bit of things in Bones 4 I have NO interest in, and do not want to bother with the bay on them (though others will, painted or unpainted), and wanted to drop them in the BoGW because I know what I don't like, a lot of you do. So, if we can wait a few weeks (my box is here tuesday) that would be great. I will be doing an unboxing video BTW on Wednesday if all goes well:) I'll be linking it in the Bones 4 enthusiasm thread. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, klarg1 said:

If the purpose of delaying is just to fill every box with Bones IV minis that we will all have just received, it seems like it kind of defeats the purpose. Variety of subject matter and source material is a big part of what appeals to me with the BoGW. We could always start up a separate Bones IV trading circuit if there is tremendous demand for it.

Well said, my feelings exactly.

• Like 6

On 4/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, klarg1 said:

If I am selected to start a new box, I can get it rolling with or without Bones IV. Even if we started today, there's no way the boxes would complete their circuits before Bones IV gets into most peoples hands.

I hadn't thought of that, you have a valid point here!

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 7:59 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, at a rough count we've got 5 wait, 4 do it now, and a bunch of I don't care either way.

I'd still like to hear from some more people before I decide either way.

I'm fine either way. Only problem is that I'll be in Japan from June 2nd to the 13th, and don't want to hold up the fun or process should I receive the box while I'm away. So I'm fine with being placed towards the end of the list if need be. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, klarg1 said:

Very good point.

We'll be starting in the very near future. I need to finish getting the groups put together and get them posted.

• Like 9