Valthorn_Illian

Pokemon League Cup

Congratulations! That's a swanky playmat.

I miss TCGs. Never played much Pokemon, really just enough to teach the kids in my store, but my shop's Professor always had a lot more fun than my MtG judge did.

The deck I always ran for casual Pokemon play was water/psychic with Feraligatr and Gardevoir, glad to see she does some good in tourneys!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sanael said:

Congratulations! That's a swanky playmat.

I miss TCGs. Never played much Pokemon, really just enough to teach the kids in my store, but my shop's Professor always had a lot more fun than my MtG judge did.

The deck I always ran for casual Pokemon play was water/psychic with Feraligatr and Gardevoir, glad to see she does some good in tourneys!

I only picked it up to so I'd have a reason to socialize and not sit at home painting all the time. I'm not really trying to be the best, just get out more.

As for Gardevoir, I was actually running the Gardevoir GX and she has actually fallen out of favor recently as she's about to leave standard in a few months and more exciting stuff has come along like Pikachu & Zekrom Tag Team GX.

gardgx.jpg

nine.jpg

swamp.jpg

pika.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, those GX things are... Ridiculous. I'm guessing games are even more fast-paced than they were when I was playing. Pretty cool!

25 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Wow, those GX things are... Ridiculous. I'm guessing games are even more fast-paced than they were when I was playing. Pretty cool!

Definitely faster paced for the most part. The regular GXs give up 2 prizes when they go down and the Tag Teams give up 3. In fact I ended up playing against a PikaRom deck in round 2 and they were down to 2 prizes left to my 6 before I was able to Guzma out a loaded PikaRom to put myself back in the game.

Something about going second and immediately taking a prize makes playing against a PikaRom deck a true pain.

Edited by Valthorn_Illian