Guns and Roses

Darkrelease

So I'm sure there are more then a few people here in these forums that have Appetite for Destruction and the Use your Illusions albums. Well for those of you who enjoyed the original Guns and Roses, I strongly urge you to check out Velvet Revolver. It was founded by several members of the original band, including Slash, and has some very good tunes on their first album.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scot Weiland - Lead Vocals

Slash - Guitar

Duff McKagan - Base

Matt Sorum - Drums

Dave Kushner - Guitar

For those of you who haven't heard them here is a link:

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1103906

Thier first two videos are there for people that want to check them out:

Slither

Fall to Pieces

Velvet Revolver is a great band. So was Slash's Snakepit, a band I got to see open for AC/DC. That was awesome. Axl Rose is the biggest jackass in history. I'm glad to see that he couldn't keep it together for even 1/2 of a tour. On another note, is Izzy still alive? What about Steven Adler?

Last I heard of Izzy Stradlin he had his own group he was playing with, he put out an album in 98 called 117 Degrees, and then he was dropped from his label. Afterwards he released an album called Ride On which was only avaliable in Japan and then followed it up with another albmu called River in 01. I don't know what happened to him after that.

vH1 just did a Behind the Music on GnFnR Heh LIES EP talking there.

It was pretty sweet.

Steve Adler is a friggen mess. After he got booted by the band he fell into a nasty downward spiral of drugs and depression. He tried suicide. He ended up having a stroke induced by his drug abuse. In the VH1 special, his speech was slurred, likely as a result of the stroke, seemed to have a bit of palsy in his face. He apparently never spoke to anyone in the band after he left.

MOE?? instead of GnR

I would like to see Axl put out that chinese democ album, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Friend of mine seen GNR in their recent short lived tour when they came to Boise ID, he said it was terrible, Axl was off & so was the band, probably was a good thing the tour died.

Randy M