All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. redambrosia

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I did the equivalent of a computer pinch. I even turned it off, then turned it back on again. Alas, it did not help.
  3. klarg1

Getting to Know You for April 2019

Bugs / Loony Toons. No contest. I am of the wrong generation for Power Rangers. I guess I am in the right age range for Scooby-doo, but none of the classic Hanna Barbera shows really stuck with me.
  4. malefactus

Bugs Bunny has been my role model for most of my life. That explains a lot of things about my personality.
  5. It reminds me a lot of that swamp village in the first Witcher game. Also it had me at the boat.
  6. MoebiusStrip

Reapermini New Site Layout

What I also noticed, which really does not impact usability at all but always was a nice touch, is that the flavor text from the warlord figures is missing: e.g.: https://www.reapermini.com/search/kyra/latest/03000 Also while on that page click the "sister of the blade" tag. The output should be all figures tagged with sisters of the blade, the output is (guessing here) all models named kyra tagged sisters of the blade.
  7. Jason Zavoda

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Sweet! Thank you! The Spider Throne is perfect. Im going to be delving into the underoerth and the Drow soon.
  8. I wasn't that interested in Dreadmere, in fact I almost passed on it. I really wanted to see how the turtle turned out though, and now it's my favorite of the expansions in this kickstarter. The minis are all have a lot of character, they feel like they all have backstories related to living in a hard-scrabble coastal community of retired pirates and brigands. And great timing for D&D fans. With the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure coming out next month I think the minis will get plenty of use. Of course the Stygian Barge expansion might also be useful...
  9. WhiteWulfe

Half the building lit up that day.... And was lit up for most of the day. Thankfully it wasn't too warm, because it sure sucked having to keep my windows closed, and try various means to keep that smoke out of my suite >.<
  10. Crowley

To be fair, it was a relatively short list. I try to be realistic when making my to do lists. For example, last night's list was: Walk dogs in the park Make dinner Wash the dishes Make my picks and add my stuff to the BoGW Flock the bugbears bases Just best to never read the comments on anything... Coffee!!
  11. Glitterwolf

Dinoriders! ( yeah I know I was too old for this, still....secretly watched it)
  12. WhiteWulfe

Samurai Pizza Cats. Because Doug Sundseth beat me to saying the Road Runner.
  13. Sanael

If I must, of those three, I probably watched more Scooby than the others, due mostly to sheer ubiquity. I also watched a LOT of the other two, and I'd have to say Bugs and the rest of the Looney Tunes crew are the objective "best" of the bunch. But the only real answer, obviously, is TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES! ...yes, and Voltron was just a rip-off of BeastKing Go-Lion and something called Dairugger, which were likely based on something else. Nothing wrong with standing on the shoulders of (mechanized, heavily thematic, combining) giants! Well, Voltron was a bizarre Frankensteinian mish-mash of a show never meant to exist in English, built with only a vague understanding of Japanese. All things considered, it could've been a lot worse. Thundercats was a long-form toy commercial... Like He-Man, Transformers and GI-Joe, the only long-term plot consideration was the introduction of new characters or equipment in order to justify new action figures. Again, that the show was as good as it was is a little surprising. Looney Tunes has such staying power because each "episode" is tightly written and self contained. Some of the humor has aged poorly, but most of it is pretty universal (even their specific send-ups didn't require too much cultural knowledge... If you knew only that some people in England fight with sticks and movies about that exist, or that some theater involves over-the-top costumes and bombastic music, it didn't matter if you knew nothing in particular about Robin Hood and Errol Flynn, or opera and "The Barber of Seville"), and it was almost always of excellent production quality, from soup to nuts.
  14. TGP

I'm glad to have missed it: specifically missing my baby being born that day. It's looking like she might aim for May 4 though  @Zink & @redambrosia I had to look up the reference also. Had no clue what it meant. Silly attribüted derivations. Nice that we all missed it. I like computers, except the one(s) being hateful to you. Have you tried pinching it? Marvin the Martian used to recommend pinching them if they got too naüghty or complicated.
  15. aku-chan

Sigh... When will I learn, never read Kickstarter comments.
  16. TGP

Ünruly has reason to be ünhappy! On the bright [?] side you manage to have ünique and interesting first world problems. Or M.E.O.W. Or R.I.B.B.I.T. Or C.L.A.W. Anybody except WOOF of course... SPÜÜ is probably not responsible.
  17. Today
  18. redambrosia

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why are all the shows I watched when I was little actually super terrible? Like, the original Voltron was just, awful. And Thundercats was worse!
  19. Glitterwolf

Went jogging during the break, 12 Km in one hour, steady pace, burned 1900 Kcal.
  20. redambrosia

Ugh. My shoes feel like weights on my feet. I feel like I'm gonna swell up like a ballon and burst
  21. Rahz

Bugs Bunny. First cartoon I ever saw. My dad would wake me up when I was 4-5 and would carry me to the living room to watch it. We lived in Sweden at the time and I guess the time difference from wherever it was being aired meant it was after my bedtime. I'd have a good cuddle with dad with some giggles and the hi-jinks on the tv and then he'd carry me back to bed. That memory made a crappy morning after a long sleepless night good.
  22. Whoops... I missed one! He literally fell off the backside of the barge and I didn't see him when I went and grabbed the rest of them for the picture:
  23. I had a bunch of orders/kickstarters arrive around my holidays, and I finally got time to take the pics of my goodies today. Unfortunately the caddy that most things are sitting arrived cracked, so I have contacted the help email. I'm a bit sad about it but mostly because whoever packed it took such care, it was really well wrapped and it sucks that something bad happened. But I have fairy cavalry and dwarves and a Dragon and paint. Sort of not shown is a battery powered LED lamp with an adjustable arm so that I have mobile lighting now (I took it to Mum and Dad's place and it was great for having a light in the right place in their guest room) I almost forgot to include the dragon, and I did forget to include the gold and silver glitter.
  24. redambrosia

Room for the Hobby

I get jealous of folks with a dedicated room for hobbying. Then I remember that I'd hate spending that much time sequestered away from my Hubby. I like to watch him play occasionally and he likes to see what I'm painting. Maybe a room for noisy activities, like airbrushing or running a sewing machine.
  25. Point of order - Mueller didn’t redact anything, that all came from Barr’s big, fat Sharpie marker ...
  26. Chaoswolf

Scooby-Doo. Bugs Bunny is a VERY close second, though. That other nonsense isn't even in the running.
  1. Load more activity