All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The next one will probably start in early February. You should be able to sign up for notifications on this thread if you want a reminder.
  3. Getting to Know You ... November Edition

32 (4 painting stands of 8 each) 15mm Later Swiss, I think. Better than average painting standard for 15mm tabletop troops, as I recall.
  4. Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Naturally not. Library of Congress cataloging is much more comprehensive. My oldest niece (my little sister's oldest child) has a son in grade school. Fortunately, I'm much too young to be a grandfather. Much. Too. Young.
  5. Lendil Blackroot - 3 Color Challenge

He came out great! I love the osl and the texture on his cape! What tufts are those? I am always looking for flower tufts.
  6. Maybe 6 to 12. It's tough for me to count since, even when I'm actively painting minis, I'll rarely do anything in a single sitting. More often, I'll prep 5 (cleaned, primed, etc) and block in some color, then I'll grab a different 5 that I did that to in a previous session and maybe finish them off. Or I'll get bored and start modding something, or building terrain.
  7. Painting Bones at work

No cube, open floor plan, sadly. I keep my paint kit stashed in one of the unused upper shelves in the break room. It's a small company, so easy for me to get away with that. Otherwise I'd keep it in my file cabinet under my desk. This just saves me carrying it down and up the stairs every day.
  8. Don't ask me anything. Tell me something.

The cleric figure in WotC's second boxed set of D&D prepainted player characters looks a LOT like Ron Jeremy, and is fairly easy to convert.
  9. 77153: Nagendra Stalker/Snakeman Warrior

Very nice work, especially the eyes!
  10. Our Lady of Hysteria Recuperative Sanitorium for Women

Ooops, I replied to the other thread. Did you know that you made 2 identical threads? Very nice work, as always.
  11. Atypical Hobby Behavior

I heard it described as "The First Internet Cereal," and you can get it for around ten bucks a box. Thing is, I used to really, REALLY like Captain Crunch. Well into my college years, when I felt needy, I'd get up on a Saturday morning, pour Captain Crunch into my old Nazi helmet, dump half a quart of milk on it, wrap up in a blanket, and shovel sugary crap into my face, stare down the hangover, and watch inane eighties cartoons until I felt fit to face the rest of the human race. I can't do that any more. Captain Crunch is specifically designed to shred yer mucous membranes, plus I'm diabetic. And it doesn't taste the same. And I'd rather remember the past glory of a whole German helmet full of sugary goodness than try to relive past glories that have flown. Space food sticks, now...
  12. Our Lady of Hysteria Recuperative Sanitorium for Women

They look pretty neat, Froggy! Any chance of a few more (bigger) pictures?
  13. Atlantis Mythology kickstarter 11/20

I think it's another club like you see in his left hand.
  14. Kev!'s Bones 3 Buzzy (InMiPaMo day 19)

Good work!
  15. 03498 - Reeve, Holy Warrior

Really good paint job!
  16. Eyebeast / Beholder SKU 77023

Very nicely done!
  17. Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Eh, speak for yourself. Between stuff breaking at work and home, the creditcard issue (i guess that's kinda good cause now I can't black friday shop), and my niece going to the hospital very early this morning. Yeah, tuesday is just another monday than can bite my elf.
  18. Atlantis Mythology kickstarter 11/20

I actually like the Satyr and he is affordable so he's a maybe. I also kind of like Hercules but I can't figure out what he is holding in his right hand.
  19. Painting Bones at work

I'd notice! :P I like your list of paints, Crowley. I have a travel light I bought off Amazon for $11. It runs really well when attached to one of those portable cell phone batteries. Also, too: do you work at a job with a cube? Was trying to think where I would stash miniatures were I to paint them at work. A couple of my coworkers were expressing interest in learning how to paint so you've got my mind going. :)
  20. 50 or 60. Keep in mind though that I'm talking about 1/72 scale Airfix WW2 soldiers. They were technically complete, but the paintjobs were nothing to write home about. I think I was 10. Now, if you mean painted to a semi decent standard, then it's probably more like 4 or 5.
  21. 3 Color Challenge on Lendil Blackroot

I based him and tossed up a show off thread.
  22. Lendil Blackroot - 3 Color Challenge

WIP Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77998-3-color-challenge-on-lendil-blackroot/ Challenge Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77990-cmpa-three-color-challenge/ I finished the painting on Lendil by adding some OSL. I found the purple hard to work with in terms of the effect. I wanted a brighter purple but the Royal Purple + Linen White didn't get nearly as vivid as I wanted. Instead, poor Lendil's staff is giving off a soft purple glow. It's fine, just not the final effect I was looking for. :) I gave him a bit of a base. Just a couple of tufts and some mud. I need to start working on getting better at basing. I think that might be a thing for 2018.
  23. I attended an Iron Painter event at my FLGS back in 2013. I painted, start to finish: 12 goblins 2 rat swarms 2 scarab swarms 2 spider swarms 2 bat swarms 2 giant spiders 2 giant scorpions 2 giant beetles 2 candelabras Evil alter Stone sarcophagus Fountain of evil Pathfinder red dragon Undertaker Sir Forscale 34 minis total... I was so tied after that... Total event time was 17 hours. http://towerofthearchmage.blogspot.com/2013/10/iron-painter-wips.html?m=0
  24. Getting to Know You ... November Edition

In 1995 I was laid up after surgery on my leg, non weigh bearing for 6 weeks. I paint a large number of figs during that time. I think I probably was getting 3 on my best days.
  1. Load more activity