All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mad Jack

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Just got back from NEMPA Paint Day awhile ago... Folks, we have discovered a very talented sculptor on these boards, a newbie named Hogwing who came to Paint Day today. And I mean talented as in we may someday see his work for sale. Off to go see Incredibles 2 with Spawn Number One, as part of his graduation gift. I also grabbed him some stuff from the Bones 4 KS on my pledge...
  3. Beowulfthehunter

What's on TV?

Binging on Luke Cage. Omg is it good, nice meaty plot, fleshed out characters and the best music around.
  4. Thanks for the enthusiastic reply, Steve. I am happy you enjoyed catching up; AND I appreciate the morale boost. The Mushrooms are a wonderful creative channel for me. Things seem to flow whenever they or the trees are in the mix. They are great character actors in the comedy. I really enjoy the Dark Hold Goblins also. They are a nice change from the usual Goblin look. I am planning to do more of them as well as a bunch of Night Goblin Faeries (G.W. conversions). Now that you mention it, there is an Eastern feel to the Rhinos armor. The Big Guy is something I don't want to rush. Real rhinos, water buffaloes, & some other big critters have a symbiotic relationship with tickbirds.: With The Rhino, the Vultures are the road kill cleanup crew. Neighbor Tom refers to them as buzzards not vultures. They do seem to fit whatever they are called.
  5. Limey72

Marthrangul

These to opposing sides were highlighted months apart and I could not quite remember the mix but they came out pretty close
  6. Today
  7. Tjrez

77088: Townsfolk: Grandmother

nice job
  8. eldamir

Ma'al Drakar painted as Tiamat (Picture heavy)

Looks awesome!! Great job!
  9. Yesterday
  10. Dai-Mongar

Getting to Know You, June 2018

I'd like to try and create lighting effects. Not necessarily OSL, but also, uh... atmospheric lighting? Is that a thing? Painting a mini to look like it's in a certain environment. Not much chance for it this weekend. It's Sunday already and I'm working til 7, I'll be lucky to get any painting done at all and I should really be focusing on just getting stuff completed.
  11. Pegazus

Picking up a free pizza, then am going to try to paint. I said that five hours ago, too, but got caught up in the Harry Potter marathon.
  12. Clearman

Awesome. I really love the horn/bone. I will one day start on my own, but I know it will take as long, of not longer to complete. Need to work up the endurance.
  13. lowlylowlycook

Epoxy Resin display piece WIP

It might not be perfect, but it's quite impressive.
  14. SparrowMarie

Orrrr maybe we aren't going to Alaska? FIL thinks it'd be easier to go somewhere else. I think we'd have the same issues we're having now. Have to do it that week because the nieces go back to school the next week. But we're going to look at reservations and stuff again tomorrow (which I think is an awful idea waiting). It's hard to plan a trip for 7 people.
  15. CorallineAlgae

Amazing! The way you painted the white one is fascinating. The near black contrasting against the white works so well. Much better than the dark blue that I tried on a white dragon. I'm definitely going to have a look at your WIP to learn how you did this.
  16. lowlylowlycook

Princess Snow, Captian of the Dwarf Miners

Too good.
  17. redambrosia

What's on TV?

We've been watching Destination Unknown. It's pretty fun. The guy has a real talent for hyperbole and doesn't take himself seriously at all.
  18. Chaoswolf

I have spent a fair portion of the day doing some (much needed) cleaning. I've still got a ways to go, but I think it's getting really close to time to relax for a while.
  19. WOW! Since my last visit to this thread. Just wow, Al. The entirety of your twisted Mushroom Kingdom is wonderful! So many colors and so vibrant and strange. It feels like a place of faerie and both wondrous and dangerous at the same time. The goblin guards are perfect as others have said. I just recently got those same goblins, and I really like the character of them, had I not seen them for you and your thread, I would not have considered them. And the Rhino. Nicely done. It feels almost samurai-ish the way the armor is, or even East Indian, to use the antiquated term, given the way the armor is made. It feels like silk armor with hardened bands of metal or hardened wood. Add to that the vultures on the back (I just learned of birds helping Rhinos in the wild in the real world with longer vision), this is both a great addition and feels appropriate to the perception of this rhino as a much more dangerous creature. I really like that.
  20. Morihalda

I forgot to mention: because of the moving, the great @TGP will be finishing this month's questions! Thanks, friend! :)
  21. LittleBluberry

Super stressed. Daughter's knee is still really swollen, have to wait until Tuesday to see an orthopedist. At this point I'm almost positive she's going to need surgery, it's just an issue of whether it's urgent or not.
  22. SparrowMarie

Trying to find a train for the days and number of people going on vacation is probably impossible at this point... In other news, I might finish up my desk today and even start on the floor around it.
  23. Froggy the Great

Apropos: When hiking in the mountains, resist the temptation to pee off a cliff no matter how strong that temptation might be.
  24. Morihalda

@Hogwing mentioned a couple weeks ago that he sculpted an entire figure in one day. I had totally forgotten it was on my art-bootcamp list and was super inspired when he mentioned it! I've been packing because we're moving in ten (10!) days, so hopefully in a few weeks after we move, I can move it back up to the top of my list. :) It's definitely not happening this weekend, but it hasn't happened in this last year at all, so I'm not surprised haha. That would look amazing!!! I grabbed him during the Kickstarter because I wanted to make him a nightlight. Guess what I still haven't started. I make my house proud.... @Wappellious has done some super awesome oil stuff if you check out his FB or his wappellious.blogspot under the "oil painting" label. :)
  25. Othikent

Oathsworn Raven Mage

Nice.
  26. Othikent

Great work! The effort you put in shows.
  27. Chris Palmer

Princess Snow, Captian of the Dwarf Miners

Finished her up on Friday, and got her based and sprayed today. I'm really happy with the way she came out, and I loved doing her primary color outfit; so much so that I'm seriously considering using it on one of my Reaper Bones female fighters now.
  1. Load more activity