All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Fantasy: Tolkien, Lewis, Zelazny (Amber and all things Dilvish) Science Fiction: The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress -Heinlein Gotta think more for the third category.
  3. Thanks, Glitter. I am happy you like the new Mushroom. I got the idea for that from a piece I saw on C.M.o.N.. The Morels are a product of my Mushroom research books. There are some really amazing species, AND they are every bit as colorful as mine...may be mores so.
  4. This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/309485-nobody-tells-this-to-people-who-are-beginners-i-wish from storyteller Ira Glass, about what drives creative people to be better - the gap between your vision and your execution. You have to keep pushing and getting better to make your execution match your vision: “Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.” -Ira Glass
  5. Look over the the top of the table....
  6. A little mouse or rat on or between the barrels would be cool. It's looking very nice.
  7. That's awesome! The spider was a surprise! Really nice scene.
  8. Question the 26th of September: Let's say that someone asked you for a book recommendation. What fantasy, science fiction and non-fiction title/series would you recommend? Feel free to suggest more than one if you can't narrow it down.
  9. Much birthday happiness to you!!!
  10. Much birthday happiness to you!!!
  11. Thanks for the comments everyone!
  12. Today
  13. 37 so far... If I am counting correctly. ..
  14. 22 days...
  15. Happy birthday!
  16. I've been called to jury duty lots of times. Back in college the call came like clockwork every July (I got the first summons deferred because of the school year). For a while I just assumed one got summoned every year. Things tapered off for a while after that, but the call still comes sometimes. I was on an actual jury I think five or six years ago and summoned again this past summer.
  17. Hi, I love my work. Can't say that enough I'm working with a commission, that were given by a local company. They are manufacturing cheese...I do hope to get a sample of their products, when this is done- perks of the trade! What they are asking is an old fashioned milk churn, that could be used as a pendant or to store small items in, so it will have to have a working lid. The items are going to be cast in both silver and bronze: 5 silver churns to be given for their employees and x-number to be made to their store. I'm excited, because this is something I'd never even thought of making myself. People are great with their ideas! What I've done so far: I made a rough shape of the churn by using 50/50 mix of both normal super-sculpey and the firm ss. I like the mix, but I have to say that it was kind of an accident find. The normal has always been just a little too soft for my liking and the grey stuff that I have is good for small detail on it's own, but it's way past its life cycle, and just kind of crumbles...so my panic-side took over and mixed stuff together and behold, it works! The shape were done by wrapping the clay around an old micron-pen. What I don't have is an oven to cure the clay, so I cure these by placing the objects into boiling water- it does make the material a bit brittle, so just have to be a little careful when handling these. Next step is to make the small handles and start to refine everything with green stuff. When making casts and especially when I know I'll be making a mold later, it's good to keep the thickness around 1mm to ensure that the objects fill completely- the model will be hollow, so once I get everything sculpt, I need to harden the surface with epoxy and saw it in half...so there's still that moment of horror ahead. Oh, and I'm designing a new model of an eagle. I finished a painting for a client last week and I still have quite fresh image of the whole bird anatomy thing, so going to use it for my advantage. And I still have the line drawing, too Here's the bird painting: See you later, ~Julia
  18. *** WOOF announces a succesful strike!!!*** You're welcome, Hopjes are coffee flavoured candy. Take good care of Ambassador Lupus!
  19. Theme song isn't quite as catchy.
  20. Sometimes we all need a little distraction now and then.
  21. Looking forward to see them painted. Animals are fun to paint!
  22. Awesome diorama so far! Patience, the water will cure!
  23. I like the new species! Impressive creatures!
  24. Happy Birthday @Generic Fighter!!! Have a wonderful day!
  25. Happy Birthday @Evilbob !!! Have a great day!
  26. Great composition! Cards look better now. Some ideas: Maybe a purse or little bag? How about adding a cat or dog? A piece of cloth. Awesome idea.
  1. Load more activity