All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Well... it's a little more bizarre than that because the box art is for the Plastic and Ralidium version with certain things blotted out. Since it's actually literally a picture of my specific Serpent in question, here's the link: (am I the only one who finds it weird that it's my exact miniature on there? the literal one in my hand?) http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Shadowrun_(Ral_Partha)#10-861 Now this is important, because it shows us the box art was specifically designed for a P&R version. They knew in early 1993 that they would be making the switch because the 93 catalog mentions the court case and specifies "March". So the box and the contents match up (this was an open question) - because the Serpent isn't in the 1993 catalog. Which means it came out after the catalog got printed. So it's a safe bet all FS have the same box (also, the eventual P&R version got the number 10-861P to distinguish it from 10-861) So what happened? Simple explanation is that either the Ralidium alloy or the resin mix had teething issues and they blew the initial release date. They had also probably specified a price point in flyers and casting all-Ralidium would be too expensive. So, what to do if you have serpents that need shipping? Blot out the P&R stuff, cast 'em in lead. So it's not that he was the last cast in lead, but the first. Because he was never supposed to be lead. tl;dr - someone dun goofed and the leadies were emergency understudies
  3. Ocean base

Keep it coming ;)
  4. Trolls & Goblins

I really like all these, but sadly my gaming budget is gone for many months to come so come on folks back so I can live vicariously
  5. Classic Orc Standard Bearer

Number 4 of 4 of the Antediluvian Orcs from their Dungeon Explorers Kickstarter. Comments and Critiques welcome
  6. Classic Orc w/ Bow

More Classic Orcs. Because I'm not a total elf. Number 3 of the 4 that I have completed. Comments and Critiques welcome
  7. Fire giant jailor

Got the first layer of highlight on the fresh, kinda hard to see ATM.
  8. Miniature Holder

If you haven't glued the cork in place, you could fill the hole with something heavy...pennies come to mind. It is a GREAT looking copy.
  9. Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Stranger Things season 2, here we go! I don't know why anyone ever would like Steve. Dude reminds me of a real-life version of The Monarch from Venture Bros.
  10. I have your answer: From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ral_Partha_Enterprises I looked on Lost Minis Wiki and saw the copyright was 1993. Chances are this was one of the last cast in lead.
  11. Yet More Mushroom Folk & Spooky Trees

Thanks, Glitter. I am glad you like him. He & his look alike Brethren will be popping up all over the place.
  12. Trolls & Goblins

hum, well, I'm not really in the same category as the other 2 ^^
  13. Today
  14. ZOE The Golden Ranger.

I really like this - well done it looks great! Zoe has real character
  15. Hubby got me a birthday present: There was much squeeing It has so many awesome details on it! And I got myself a scarf:
  16. Picked up 2x Dain deepaxe 'Ardcoat ZAP A Gap Gel super glue. .. From the Complete Strategist in NYC today...
  17. Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I'm going to check this out. I've already seen all of Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Daredevil was definitely the best, and I love the way they have done the Punisher as a believable character. Er... but not checking it out right now. I've already spent my morning catching up on web comics and Randomness, and now I need lunch. And, at some point I need to actually, maybe, do something useful. <sigh> ETA - I'm caught up! And, I'm a Rabble Rouser, now, which suits me.
  18. Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Other problems with horses, as seen from the perspective of a motorcyclist: The steering can be wobbly. The brakes don't always work. Take longer to start than a kick-start Harley when you consider that before you can actually go-for-a-ride you have to dress the darn thing. And finally - - - They leak constantly. GEM
  19. Skeletons 11, 12, and Death

Excellent parade of bones :) Nice set you put together there
  20. Kingdom of Death: Rawhide Armor survivors

I really like the shading in the fur and clothing/armour. And the skin tone is spot on what colour is that or did you mix it?
  21. Benedict

ribbit are they baby murlochs? very good
  1. Load more activity