All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wow 10 pages go so fast here! The snake and eagle are amazing, but we had the same thoughts. :) I love seeing your dragons! I hope you bring this one for sure!
  3. NebulousMissy

Reapermini New Site Layout

Okay so that thing where the website completely lost access to its own database isn't just me? Wow and they no longer have any useful search function. I don't want to search via what a drop-down menu tells me I'm allowed to search. I wanna search using vague tags! Know what? I'll come back in a month or three when they figure out how to add a search function again.
  4. ced1106

Brush Questions

While I've read umpteen blogs and posts about brushes, I rarely see the next steps -- holding the brush, holding the grip, anchoring wrists to the desk (including sitting posture), placement of palette (wet palette, dry palette, bottle cap, paint directly from the GW pot), use of the paper towel, which I also think are important for brush control as well as loading the brush and thinning paints. I anchor my wrists on the edge of the desk, which means that there's no need to really load my brush, since the miniature is only a few inches from the paint.
  5. Glitterwolf

Katai The Chinese Army Kensei Kickstarter

Funded!
  6. Glitterwolf

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

The Wolf is probably my biggest dissapointment, somebody sculpted this thing without looking at real wolves, the concept art was much better and promising. When they made changes to the Frost Giant girls, I wasn't that pleased with them, but I kept thinking about that cool wolf, it was my main reason for getting this set. One set for the bay of evil I guess. This is my first thought as well. However even then you can't always be certain, the detail on the raptor's claws, the changes on Yaga's hut, the shrinking of Argent, the change of the Wolf, all of these were all only seen after delivery. So yes, a 1$ pledge giving access to the pledge manager will give some more certainty about it, but it won't cover all. For that one should wait for retail. All in all I think the value of a kickstarter like this is still too good to pass up. I only hope our Reaper friends will learn to communicate a bit better about upcoming changes and reasons why. The communicaton part is lacking, and not just with the KS, they changed their site making some people's store accounts invalid, I would like to know if my account got deleted from a store instead of thinking that the problem was on my part or maybe somebody hacked my account ? Communicate!!!
  7. Green Eyed Monster

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

GEM
  8. NebulousMissy

My preference is for the Monday after Easter. 50% off chocolate bunnies!
  9. Glitterwolf

Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon by Glitterwolf

Thanks! I think I know which article you're referring to. So for the green one a wash, maybe several with the black green, I only did one so far. Maybe more black in there. And for the Purple one, maybe Nightshade Purple washes, then highlight again and go further up to a lighter spectrum.
  10. Zink

Brush Questions

It's dry here and I would never have considered even trying that. On the other hand I'm constantly moistening my brush then touching it to a paper towel to wick of the excess before dipping it in the paint. If I don't do that regularly I get a dried crust of paint on the brush before I'm done spreading it on the model. I also tend to load the brush fairly heavily with paint. Doing tiny details like eyes is tough because when using my teensy brushes the paint can dry before I accomplish anything. That might be part of why I don't thin my paints as much as some people. I'm already dealing with more water on the brush.
  11. Glitterwolf

Dwarven Forge’s living snake god, Sysuul

Great work! I agree on the jade, very cool!
  12. Inarah

DSM7436 Female Mage

Nice painting. I think you can improve by smoothing out your surfaces.
  13. Cyradis

ReaperCon 2016 swag bags are in there? O.o
  14. Othikent

DSM7436 Female Mage

Nice work!
  15. Inarah

Getting to Know You for April 2019

I started with Pertwee and Liz Shaw and Jo Grant so I will always have a fondness for them. But the Tom Baker and Sarah Jane years are just classic, unrivaled storytelling episodes IMO. I think Baker really inhabited the role, while the newest handful of actors just feel like.... actors to me.
  16. I never looked closely at my dinos because they are a very low priority for me. I also haven't checked the fit on a lot of the multipart ones. Seeing some of these pics makes me think I should maybe be doing a closer look at them.
  17. Glitterwolf

DSM1128 Castle of Deception - Male Bard

Good job! He's going to seduce all those monsters while the party steals their loot, isn't he?
  18. Glitterwolf

DSM7455 Dragonkin Rogue

Good job, I like the purple with the trim.
  19. Glitterwolf

DSM7436 Female Mage

Very good!
  20. Glitterwolf

44003 - Ziba, Female Efreeti

21. Glitterwolf

02671 Rax Darkcutter

Well done! He looks the part!
  22. Zink

I'll do my best I'm taking the next couple of days off for Easter and the wife's birthday Monday. No big plans but I'll be doing a bunch of cooking for 2 days and hopefully getting more games in with the boys.
  23. Glitterwolf

Warlord 14340 Samantha of the Blade

Awesome! The face is very expressive!
  24. Sylverthorne

I managed to - mostly - retrieve my old account. ^^; I have a pleased.
  25. Glitterwolf

Grundor Hoardtaker

Rage On!
  26. Glitterwolf

Dire Crab BONES 4

Welcome to the Forum! Awesome work on the crab!
  1. Load more activity