All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Gary*. Gary? Gary Gary GARY, Gary Gary! (Gary Gary, "Gary.") Gary Gary Gary. Gary, "Gary" (Gary) Gary, Gary -- Gary, "GARY." Gary Gary: "GARY, Gary." Gary Gary, Gary Gary (Gary Gary). *Translation: New minis. Why all the same? Because they're clones of GARY, infamous failed experiment from Vault 108! (And all they can say is, "Gary.") It's a bit of an in-joke from Fallout 3. I got several copies of HeroClix "Foolkiller" (003b) for a minigun for Gaslands, and thought the extras could work as clones -- i.e., "Gary." Tentative adventure scenario name: "Gary, Indiana." HeroClix has quite a few characters in spandex jumpsuits that work pretty well as Vault-Dwellers in Vault-Suits, provided I trim away excess items (such as the crossed swords on the figure's back).
  3. Thoramel

Getting to Know You for April 2019

Doctors: Tenant and Tate. Football versus Futbol: Baseball. But if I have to choose then I prefer soccer of the two. My dad and I picked up discount tickets one time to the local MLS franchise. Turns out the seats were in the cheering section. Got there, got our seats, and were then surrounded by screaming, shirtless, painted, drunk guys with flags and smoke bombs. We still have no idea what we were watching, but we ended up screaming and cheering with the rest of the lunatics. So I guess soccer is the preference. Good news about that, they're getting ready to build a new soccer stadium about a 15 minute bike ride from my house, so maybe I'll get to catch more games. Horses: Grandpa used to rent out some stables to some local horse owners when I was a kid. And I rode one once. But they were odd, flighty animals. One bit me one time for no good reason. The other one tried to eat my hair. Based on those experiences I generally try to avoid horses.
  4. Loim

Eccleston is my favorite Doctor. He's actually the reason I got interested in the show. I don't horse. I'm sure they are perfectly lovely animals, but they are hard on fence. I don't enjoy building fence so much that I want to add to the wear and tear that nature provides.
  5. Cygnwulf

Tagging or Name problems v2

Looks like a lot of the Avatars lost their names in favor of general descriptions. For example, 77588 : Avatar of Strength(Elephant) is now simply named 77588:Elephant. 77587: Avatar of Resilience (Rhino) is now just 77587: Rhino
  6. Crowley

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Need More Coffee...
  7. Crowley

I'm a big fan of Eccleston. I thought he was a great Doctor, and am still mad that he only got one season.
  8. I haven't had occasion to paint horses in a long time. I favor chestnuts & strawberry roans myself with white ones for musicians. The trumpeters on whites was an 18th & 19th century thing...maybe earlier. I do like dapple grays. I do recall not particularly liking painting them regardless of color. Cavalry was always the weakest of arms in my armies.
  9. Crowley

Tagging or Name problems v2

Bones bandits 77507, 77508, 77509, 77510, townsfolk IV bandits 02677, alidee (bandit) 03106 could all be tagged with thug. In addition the bones guys (except 77510) are lacking any armor or weapon tags.
  10. zoroaster100

Dwarven Forge’s living snake god, Sysuul

Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to finish this week though I may not get to really finish until this weekend. I will try to take at least one more progress shot along the way. Once I'm done I will post the finished product on the Show Off forum.
  11. zoroaster100

Reaper Bones Pathfinder Red Dragon

Thank you all for the comments. I was really happy with how he turned out, though as usual once I saw the photos I posted enlarged I noticed things I could improve on. But I've got many unpainted bones dragons to still paint and and will try to improve with each one.
  12. klarg1

I do not. I don't think I ever have. One of my coworkers rides regularly though. Does that help?
  13. Darsc Zacal

Slumbering Oblivion III - H.A.D.E.S. Rising Kickstarter

My main concern over this, and the project creator mentions it in his video, is that the minis from his previous kickstarters were based on physical sculpts while these are based on digital renders. A switch like that is pretty major and introduces a lot of challenges the project creator hasn’t faced before. I’ve seen this happen with other kickstarters and even with Reaper. Still. I like the look of the IRE and HATE troops. They remind me of Bob Naismiths troops from his Overunner kickstarters. I’ll be keeping an eye on this. Not a fan of the SCORN concept or designs though.
  14. zoroaster100

Reaper Bones Shadow Dragon

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Much appreciated.
  15. Valthorn_Illian

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Anybody else having trouble figuring out where to start?
  16. And the Dark Horse ( no Katey Perry I didn't call you! Get out!)
  17. Citrine

Happy Birthday Lidless Eye

Happy birthday!
  18. Citrine

Happy Birthday Goblyn

Happy birthday!
  19. SamuraiJack

Minis we would like to see

More statues that fit the Fantasy Scenics ruined temple and Well of Despair from bones 4..
  20. I was in the habit of basing & base coating my miniatures as I got them. I have quite a lot that have been in that state for quite some time awaiting paint. They are easily forgotten & difficult to store in that condition. It worked when I was a more prolific painter. It is something I love to do though. Lately I only base & base coat miniatures that I will be getting to soonish. The others I have arrange by type, manufacturer, & number in tray like boxes; re, it is easier to find things that way & avoids multiple copies of those "Oh-So-Cool" minis I impulsively buy.
  21. Sanael

Doctors: I'm actually a big fan of Eccleston, which I realize makes me part of a distinct minority. I also really liked Capaldi, but I thought most of the writing for him was pretty much dreck. I have enjoyed the episodes I have seen of the pre-modern Doctors, but they blend together for me as I have only seen them piecemeal. I haven't seen any of the newest Doctor, other than clips in adverts. ............... I don't recall dodgeball being particularly dangerous. I DO recall a girl getting a broken nose because a game of "soccer" (inasmuch a game played by 8 year olds work no concept of actual rules can be called by the sport's name) turned into a close-up scrum and someone kicked the ball -hard- in a nearly vertical trajectory. .................... It has been a very long time since I rode a horse. Stunt School trained us to fall "safely" off a horse, as well as a couple trick mounts...as much as I like horses and enjoyed riding them, I was more adept at falling off buildings or being set on fire than I was at horse stunts. *Shrug* Both skills useful in a Western, so I'm not too fussed.
  22. ttuckerman

No, but I would like to. Just have not got up the courage to try. For Lord of the Western Plains this is a sad truth to admit.
  23. malefactus

I did try it once, but other than that I would have to say no.
  24. On to the white/light grey horse This makes painting horses a lot more fun actually.
  25. SamuraiJack

Reapermini New Site Layout

Should we start a new 'Tagging and name' issues thread for the new web site? That way we're not wading through old site issues.
  1. Load more activity