All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Chaoswolf

Getting to Know You for April 2019

No, not in a while. I still have one, though. >Throws stone< That ^^^^ was gonna be my answer, too. I used to enjoy playing both. I don't particularly enjoy watching either one.
  3. Corsair

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Going into work in a bit. Quiet morning here, the Missus is sleeping in, I'm working on my second cup of coffee.
  4. ...there is nothing quite like a good mystery.
  5. I haven't received my bones 4 (they are on a boat having the adventure of a lifetime), but I am a little disappointed on the changes in Argent's size (Reaper could have communicated more, and probably should have. A good example was how the changes in the giant hunters were communicated and people showed that they really wanted to have that deer/caribou). To comment more on this I would need to hold Argent in hand. Personally, I did not find Kaladrax a fun sculpt. I prefer Nerthyrmaul and am sad that they changed sizes. (I do not have any of them)
  6. Chaoswolf

Happy Saturday!!
  7. There was a discussion a while back about how Reaper is missing a community manager of some sort. I think this is a perfect example of why they should have one. If Bryan were still around, he likely would have let us know at the time about Argent's change. There would have been some grumbling, and probably a few refund requests, but I doubt there would have been too many as evidenced by how many people seem okay with the change. The big thing is it would have been (mostly) dealt with months ago, so it wouldn't have quite as dampening an influence on the excitement of everyone getting their bones now. Of course there would still be some dissatisfaction as some people would have missed the initial announcements, but even so it would be considerably less. And any other changes, like hut legs and gibbet, would have been covered at the time. Who knows, if they had said what was happening and gotten feedback at the time they might have even been able to come up with an assembled/disassembled option for the hut. Either way, there would be considerably less impact at this time as these things would already have been covered. For the record, I'm very happy with Argent's size. But I get people being upset, I was very disappointed when the size change went in the opposite direction for Kaladrax in Bones I, a mini that still sits in a box around here somewhere never to be used.
  8. Today
  9. Mckenna35

Halcyon 1/8 scale Judge Dredd

Generally, in the torso and arms, the position and thickness of the material is enough to avoid any problems, also the plaster in the bottom half holds the torso rigid, which prevents the upper body from deforming. With the legs you have the full weight of the figure pushing down on the ankles, and they can flex if it gets hot enough. Note that at room temperature this stuff is pretty hard. The trick to cutting it easily is to use a hair dryer for a minute or so to heat and soften it, at which point you can slice through it with almost no resistance. Also, like Bones, you can heat it it up, reposition it, and then chill it and it will retain the new position. I've had to do that to Judge Anderson's legs to get her to stand on both feet.
  10. Suden

Going Native: From out of the Mists

I got a delivery notice Monday, though I wasn't sure what it was for. Similar to lexomatic, I got dinged for a $27 duty up here in Canada (karma for getting bones first perhaps). Anyway, $27 dollars later I got a nice little box of toys. I went for some of the more mundane animals: White Buffalo woman might technically not be mundane, what with the flames billowing out of it's eyes like it just stepped out of an episode of American Gods, but it's a beautiful buffalo on it's own right. Since the buffalo has some resin that needs to be removed I didn't think I could pose him on his base. Turns out it fit just fine. I love the beasts of burden. The pack llama's pack is two pieces, the smaller piece is sitting on his base. The Plains Dog Travois is such a sad looking dog. He has a pack for the travois but I left it off because the travois itself looks great on it's own. Plus I thought lightening his load might brighten his spirits. No luck so far. I picked up a few of the ladies, Itzpapalotl, the Obsidian Wings, Coatlicue, Skirt of Snakes, Tlazolteotl, The Eater of Sins and the Female Jaguar Warrior but they are either inappropriate for Reaper forums (Tlazolteotl and the Jaguar Warrior) or require some serious assembly. Here are disassembled Coatlicue and Itzpapalotl for reference though: Scale is quite good as can be seen by the Reaper mini next to her. Flash and fit are quite good, these are well made minis. Assembly shouldn't be difficult, but I don't assemble minis until I plan on painting them. Itzpapalotl is a beautiful figure. Her head isn't attached, just balanced precariously in the pic. You can see some nice detail on her clothes. Also, check out her left arm. It has a huge moth that sits on it, though it is a separate piece: Check it out. It's like a giant moth (or a baby Mothra). Great details, this will make an amazing mini assembled and painted. I also got the cloud serpent but there have already been pics posted. I love that the serpents' feathers run the length of his body and down his tail. The last mini I got is also covered in feathers and has the best name, Yahui, the Turtle Demon of Sacrifice: He's resin, so some trimming before he can be assembled. And he has the only damage I noticed, one of his front fangs is broken. Otherwise he's an excellent figure. This was another great project from paymaster games covering some very underrepresented mythology. I always end up wishing I had more money to spend on them when I see the results.
  11. I can cover a good amount of that. Most of darkreach, some x2 (except ones still needing assembly): cave dwellers (minus the big rat guy) and trolls: Giants:
  12. redambrosia

Notre Dame Cathedral is Burning T_T

For realsies. I figured the Catholic Church would have the dough to rebuild it. But, eh, saying further would probably be buzzy.
  13. Message fro WOOF to Shroomancer.. You'll understand when it's time.
  14. Glitterwolf

Notre Dame Cathedral is Burning T_T

Millions are being donated for rebuilding it. I'm a bit torn about this. Yes, it is a historical monument which I would love to see rebuild. But the eagerness with which rich people donate for this while they don't for certain humanitairy disasters is a sharp contrast in priorities.
  15. Glitterwolf

Neither. I never understood the taste for the large commercial interrupted by some minor action from people in foam armor. As for Soccer, I only watch the National Team during European or World Championships. The local clubs and leagues? I actually hate the existence due to the Hooligans. My first memories of Soccer where me as a young boy watching the bigger boys walk by carrying chains, bricks and sticks to "watch" the match. People literally kill over this idiocy. It seems nobody understands you need both teams to play a game.
  16. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/dreamforge-games-grav-stug-tank-model-with-stl-fil This is a relaunch of the project that failed to fund a few days ago, they're trying reducing the cost and relying on people picking up more kits overall to make the numbers work (1600 rather than 1200 kits). I hope it works (3D print to show size)
  17. Orlando_the_Technicoloured

DreamForge-Games Eisenkern Grav-StuG

Sadly this failed to fund so this can be locked down (however they're trying again right away since their adverts and manufacturing slot need to be kept, i'll start a new thread for this)
  18. Brianuk

Chronoscope Minis we'd like to see, #4

Female version of "The Fox" Central American masked swashbuckler. Also some more comic zombie/apocalypse survivors. British stereotyped ones are probably too niche but would be good to see US things like an Artisanal zombie slayer, a "hold my beer and keep the RV engine running" zombie slayer, "Get me the manager" lady, and a female survivor with the perfect gear to fight zombies. For the latter, someone who has read and brought all the things from "how to survive a zombie apocalypse" from Real Simple or Martha Stewart.
  19. Doug Sundseth

For football codes, I'd rank them (for interest) NFL NCAA Australian Rules Rugby Union CFL Rugby Sevens Rugby League Gaelic ... Association I've watched many games of each of them except Gaelic; this is not just based on "what the people who live near me play/watch".
  20. NebulousMissy

Horse racing.
  21. Glitterwolf

22. Glitterwolf

The Demon's War fantasy busts - april 3rd

They unlocked the STLF files and the stands for the Busts!
  23. Glitterwolf

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I painted it as fire. Being undead and stripped of flesh we can see the firebreathing system in her corpse. So that's what I did. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77556-kaladrax-on-her-mausoleum-by-glitterwolf/ I'm looking forward to getting the new Zombie Dragon, It looks great and your WIP shows the details even better. So glad I pledged for it.
  24. redambrosia

That's why I want to avoid it! My poor lizard will be endlessly tormented by Star Wars references and will hate the films. I mean, if she wants to hate the films she should hate them for their merits (or lack thereof), not because people are insane
  25. Sirithiliel

Zombie Dragon (Bones 4)

Yes he will get snow flocking
  26. Jason Zavoda

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Thanks! Im going to need more glue.
  1. Load more activity