• This topic is locked This topic is locked
257 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9246 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

Nefsokar lovers, post your good and bad construction tips, tactics, advice here.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#2 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

Her's a hint from my limited use of the Nekfosar . If feilding Kasmin Rangers , I always use Tariq as thier sergeant armed with a few Bless spells and Bandage or 2 . ::D:
I also add in Fatima as his elite with Bandages , Holds and a Dispell . That way you can get the most out your archers and have you Medics to back up your other troops .
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#3 cristomeyers

cristomeyers

God of Dire Care Bears

• Bones Supporter
  • 1712 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

Never fail to underestimate the effect of Khufu with a moderate magical weapon and greater magical armor. Granted it's a point sink, but I was working with limited models at the time.

There's nothing quite like the look on an elven player's face when you tell them that even their archers need a 10 to hit him...

Also, Tomb Guards, always have Tomb Guards. Either alone or with Khamsin Herdsmen, but never forget to have them.
Life's too short to not laugh at its absurdities...

#4 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:55 AM

Yes Tomb Guards are a must . Pity they are adepts . :down:

Posted Image

#5 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14517 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

Avatar of Sekmet has just been added to my Hate List, joining the Onyx Golem. The SOB just teased me with my attack rolls. I regularly missed by 1 on my rolls.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#6 Sivrel

Sivrel

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

Avatar of Sekmet has just been added to my Hate List, joining the Onyx Golem. The SOB just teased me with my attack rolls. I regularly missed by 1 on my rolls.

jee kinda like the CAV demo I was playing in save the miss by 1 bit

#7 Steven Page

Steven Page

The Old Man In The Mountain

• Black Lightning
  • 3453 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

A couple of Anubis Guards with speed enhancements can be fun. Rush them at the enemy, get shot, and on the next turn, use the "Cross the River" special ability.

Teleporting the Avatar of Shekmet into the middle of the other guys archers/mages is also educational.
"Lo there do I see my father ; lo there do I see my mother , and my sisters and my brothers. There do I see the line of my people; they call to me from Valhalla, where the brave may live forever."

Swords & Wizardry and the O edition D&D forums

#8 Sivrel

Sivrel

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:40 AM

Yeah one of the nasty things about the army of Sokar is tht they can take advantage of their own casualties.

#9 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14517 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:02 AM

That's why the archers kill em off quickly.
And thank god the Crossing Death's River requires an Invoke Special ability so it can't attack on the same activation it arrives. Whew!

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#10 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9246 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

That's why the archers kill em off quickly.
And thank god the Crossing Death's River requires an Invoke Special ability so it can't attack on the same activation it arrives. Whew!

Yes, it is helpful to the opposition, and baleful to the Nefsokar that we must expend so much of our lifeforce to walk among the pathways of the realm of the dead and return to the living world elsewhere. With such energy expended, it takes us but a moment to gather our energies enough to do aught but walk forward. Would that we could emerge poised for battle, but even our Blessed Flesh and Sacred Wrappings must recover from the jaunt.

Were it not for this limitation to the powers of the mortal and immortal servants of Sokar, surely the Holy Dead of the great Lord Sokar would overwhelm the living armies!

Serious - knowing the ability was a powerful one, the Invoke SA limitation was added to prevent it from overwhelming all other armies. It was intended as a balancing factor.

And yes, Ms. Avatar is a truly ferocious beastie, and relatively cheap! I always field multiples in any 1,000+ game. She's worth the mummies that could have been bought with those same points.

I use Cross the River to best advantage by spreading out along my deployment zone and making for every spot I see enemy troops. If one troop is moving slowly, or heading the wrong way, they just poof into the bodies of the dead in a place where they are needed. Now instead of being in a useless spot, they are where I needed more soldiers!

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#11 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14517 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

I think the thing that was the most annoying about the Avatar...

I kept failing my Discipline checks for SA:Horrid to get into base to base for the Coup de Gras after I dropped the bugger. It kept killing my models in melee, so I'd shoot it down with my Bull Orc Archers. He's pretty easy to hit on his last damage track. <_< Getting him there though is a major PITA.

I still wish there was a way to make ranged CdG's other than being a Dwarf or casting Firestorm.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#12 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

I still wish there was a way to make ranged CdG's other than being a Dwarf or casting Firestorm

You can , just throw a Goblin . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

#13 ugluk69

ugluk69

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

I think the Anubis guards are ten foot tall.....and bullet proof. Them darn statues nuked me AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

My poor Reven......poor Yagun Oog.... :down:
HARI INI KITA KEBHI!!!!!

#14 dewen

dewen

Godlike

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

It has been a while since I last played Nefsokar. I finished painting some minis, but still have my Tomb Guards to go. Not enough time to paint. Here is my 2 cents.

*I never go without Tariq. He is an awesome Sgt and can handle an elite, which is usually a Reborn (hero) in Tariq's troop. Reborn is a great hero for the pont cost. I typically equip Tariq with a bandage or two.

*Run with a troop full of Tomb Guards. It doesn't matter who leads them, they are awesome adepts. They can withstand range attacks with DV 11 + SA Deflect and Dis 9 is useful.

*Love the Avatar. Love the Avatar. He can really move in and crush someone with the "Cross the River" faction ability.

*Have plenty of mummies in multiple troops and add a few Dervishers or Anubis for some melee power and a couple Herdsmen for support. Mummies are front line troops and a great grunt. Herdsmen are expensive for support grunts, but they have a high Dis if you face an army with Horrid or Empowered models.

*I like Anubis with the Rangers in a troop. The Anubis have high Dis in case you have to fire into melee. The Anubis can hold of opponents while the Rangers take advantage of SA Marksman. I don't use many Rangers because of point cost. Nefsokar is weak in Range Attack.

*If you need a cpt start with Khadath before deploying Nakhti. They are pretty close in stats but Khadath has many more SA that can come in handy and is only a few points more.

*Approach 1500+pts and you'll want Khufu. Give him a couple bandages and maybe a magic item and turn him loose. He's awesome.

*Netikerti is an awesome mage. She has a lot of SA for a mage and decent casting power. Give her some range spells to make up for the faction's weak range ability.

I have more to add, but this is enough for new people considering the faction.
- de Each of us experience a Crisis Point in our lives. Who is your hero?

#15 cristomeyers

cristomeyers

God of Dire Care Bears

• Bones Supporter
  • 1712 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:55 AM

^lotta good stuff there.

Here's an addition:

Use Tariq with the Rangers and throw Netikerti in as well. Give Tariq Bless and then your Rangers fire with a RAV of 2 rather than 1. This also helps to keep your Mage from getting destroyed in melee.
Life's too short to not laugh at its absurdities...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users