101 replies to this topic

#1 Emmel Eitch

Emmel Eitch

Double E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

With the mass update of the Data Cards to 1.2, we've decided to prune out old tactics discussions as they may be confusing the newer players.
Michael L. Hoehne MLH@reapermini.com "We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time." "Say that you're 'leveraging synergies.' Synergies are basically awesome, and they're even better when you leverage them." Tycho 2/12/2007

#2 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:35 PM

With the change to Finari's abilities , I think I may use her now instead of just being a pretty model ! ::o:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#3 Arbiter10

Arbiter10

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

Cool! Hey, Gus, you missed one ::D: . I was wondering what changes to her abilities you were referring to, Brushmaster. I see that she lost Breaker but gained Deflect. I agree: this change, plus her cheaper cost makes her more appealing to use. She may become a standard addition to any of my troops that are composed primarily of Justicars.

BTW, thanks for your work listing all of the updates in the other thread, Gus.

Check out my terrain auctions here.

#4 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

Cool! Hey, Gus, you missed one ::D: . I was wondering what changes to her abilities you were referring to, Brushmaster. I see that she lost Breaker but gained Deflect. I agree: this change, plus her cheaper cost makes her more appealing to use. She may become a standard addition to any of my troops that are composed primarily of Justicars.

I didn't miss it. Finari has changed 3 times since yesterday morning. :angry:
I guess now she is back to having Deflect instead of Breaker...

I am just about fed up with all the changes since yesterday. It is really forcing me to duplicate a ton of work. :angry:
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#5 Evilbob

Evilbob

Goddess 'o' Unfinished Projects

• Bones Supporter
  • 1653 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:18 PM

I didn't miss it. Finari has changed 3 times since yesterday morning. :angry:
I guess now she is back to having Deflect instead of Breaker...

I am just about fed up with all the changes since yesterday. It is really forcing me to duplicate a ton of work. :angry:

BUT We all apreciate it Gus.

I love the Finari model, and now I can use her on the field, instead of just D&D

#6 bonebasher

bonebasher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

So is Finari the bomb now or somthing and what abilits did see have and what changed :unsure:
Fear The Mercyful Killers

Cursaders Rule Yea Baby

#7 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

Well she dropped 6 points and traded breaker for deflect so now she has a bit more protection and is a better buy.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#8 bonebasher

bonebasher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

well for droping 6 points and trading breaker for deflect is not half bad

Cursaders Rule Yea Baby

#9 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:48 PM

Valandil also dropped 4 points to 69 and with the Tactician SA , he's a real buy if you don't load him up tooo much ! ::D:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#10 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:17 AM

Once again I'll advocate Scare spells if you're looking for a cheap and effective spells that will help your grunts out quite a bit when they try to lay the smach down on the enemy. Valandil + 3 Scare and 2 Ice Shards would come in at a very reasonable 119 points. Still, as Mages go, I'd much prefer he didn't have Tactician, and was down around the 40-45 point mark...just look at Arik and Lysette with their lovely CP 7 and their 44-45 point cost...sweet!
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#11 bonebasher

bonebasher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

If i had 1000 point army and i was 14 points shy of 1000 what should i do with the last 14 points

Cursaders Rule Yea Baby

#12 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5991 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

If i had 1000 point army and i was 14 points shy of 1000 what should i do with the last 14 points

Depends on what you've already taken... you might be able to trade down one model to something that costs less, and add an extra model. Or, you might be able to do a minor model swap somewhere that goes down just a couple of points, leaving your 15 or 16 points to add a piece of equipment. Or you could use 10 of the points to take a bandage on one of your clerics, and be 4 points under.

Or...

Or...

Or.

It'll really be helpful to see what you've already chosen with the 986 points you've already spent, as well as any restrictions you might have (i.e. you only have certain models available, don't own the Crusader Faction book, running a Judgement sublist, etc.). We can make much better recommedations if you post the army list you are considering.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#13 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

If you havn't taken Divine favor work that into your list for 10 points.

In addition Standards cost 10 points and are invaluable for Default Crusaders lists that are using Mercy.

Otherwise dropping an Ironspine to a Skirmisher gives you a point, or dropping a Knight to an Unforgiven gives you 2 points.

That gives you 15-16 points and 15 points buys you alot of different things.
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#14 Photodork57

Photodork57

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

What miniatures are available for use in the Army of Justice and Crusader lists from the Faction book?

I plan on starting both a Crypt Legion Army and a Crusader army, but don't want to buy any Crusader models I wont be able to use.

Legion minis I'm buying are
Deluxe Starter set
Necropolis Stater box
Crypt Legion Starter box
2 blisters Skeletal Archers
Railor
Lord Kentaur
Grave Horror or Bone Horror (haven't decided yet)

So, I'd appeciate either a list of minis from the armies or, a list of minis I should pick up.

Thanks

#15 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15009 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

If you're planning on playing a sublist from one of the Faction books, it might not be a bad idea to pick it up for yourself. Not only will you get the list, but also the related SA's and the Crusader only spells and equipment.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users