• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8628 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

Discuss factions, builds, and how to crush your foes mightily in this thread!

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#2 Vil-hatarn

Vil-hatarn

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1841 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

Okay, someone has to make the first comment.

So, speculation as to the new elf faction abilities?
Elves Rule!

deviantArt

#3 Feanor

Feanor

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

I dont have any Ideas about new faction abilities but I would have liked us to keep the ability to fire into melee without penalty.
Also a new faction spell that would create a stand of trees CD sized maybe would be awsome.
I shall return

#4 Vil-hatarn

Vil-hatarn

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1841 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

The change in sureshot wasn't very nice, I agree...

The spell idea is kinda cool, but feels too GW wood elfy to me.

Perhaps the old sureshot will become a faction ability?

Hopefully we keep Shadowy; it's a nice rule...
Elves Rule!

deviantArt

#5 Storminator

Storminator

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1230 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:17 AM

You still have Shadowy, as it was a faction ability, and those didn't change.

The new Sure Shot rocks.

PS

Rolling bad is NOT a counter-strategy for rolling good!

Black Lightning #MA003

#6 Tsetsen Muur

Tsetsen Muur

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:50 AM

I thought that as a reboot of "feathered sky" it would be appropriate for Elves to not take the max range hit on an indirect shot. That would replace our pie plates of doom, even with the -2 penalty to hit. That would make us quite tough in our element (wooded battlefields), but give us much less benefit in open war.

The reboot of the game has reperked my interest. Now, I feel as if I have a chance against the undead horde of undeadiness that my opponent takes.

#7 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

How about Feathered Sky instead adding Ranged Support bonuses, capped at +3.
For every Model that attacks the same target with a Ranged attack, they gain a +1 Bonus to Ranged attacks.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#8 headache62

headache62

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

The change in sureshot wasn't very nice, I agree...

The spell idea is kinda cool, but feels too GW wood elfy to me.

Perhaps the old sureshot will become a faction ability?

Hopefully we keep Shadowy; it's a nice rule...

Shadowy still rocks, but I really, really like the new Sure Shot. Line of sight is now the same for everyone (ok, I'm a little bummed about that, but I'll get over it), but being able to re-roll a missed shot? IMHO, that is ten times better than just shooting "through a keyhole" as one of my honorable opponants put it.

I played a game (pre-Chronicles 07, but a beta) with Eawod - I missed one shot the entire game, and that was only because I re-rolled a 1 into a 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of, on a tactics topic, I have been thinking about the following army (barebones, general idea, nothing more right now):

1501 or more pts

Eawod
Caerwynn

(in another unit) Lorielle Silverrain - if they allow mercs at 25%.

As many Deathseekers as I can get.

More units to come later.

The idea - there are only a few units that can take 6 points of damage and live - three Critical shots. I would put Lorielle in a different unit because she wouldn't benefit from Sure Shot (being merc). Have Eawod and Caerwynn fire, next init. have Lorielle finish (hopefully) the job.

I choose Deathseekers because you CAN fire into melee with them and not have to worry thanks to the new Fearless rule.

Questions? Comments? Rude Remarks?

#9 Storminator

Storminator

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1230 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

Speaking of, on a tactics topic, I have been thinking about the following army (barebones, general idea, nothing more right now):

1501 or more pts

Eawod
Caerwynn

(in another unit) Lorielle Silverrain - if they allow mercs at 25%.

As many Deathseekers as I can get.

More units to come later.

The idea - there are only a few units that can take 6 points of damage and live - three Critical shots. I would put Lorielle in a different unit because she wouldn't benefit from Sure Shot (being merc). Have Eawod and Caerwynn fire, next init. have Lorielle finish (hopefully) the job.

I choose Deathseekers because you CAN fire into melee with them and not have to worry thanks to the new Fearless rule.

Questions? Comments? Rude Remarks?

Sure Shot is much more powerful if you have a lot of archers.

I like having

Danithal + Vale Swordsmen + Archers

Selwyn + Caerwynn + Archers + Guardsmen

Meridh + Deathseekers + Archers

Centaurs to fill

Caerwynn can crack any nut with the Crit Shot, and then you always have VAs to follow up. Danithal is a superhero now, so he's well worth bringing. And more archers is more Sure Shots.

I think Eawod + Caerwynn is too many points in too few models with too little difference.

PS

Rolling bad is NOT a counter-strategy for rolling good!

Black Lightning #MA003

#10 Mclimbin

Mclimbin

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Sorry, newb question here. I don't see the Sure Shot SA on any of the data cards. :blink: I'm confuzzled. :wacko:

Faction ability?
Ceci n'est pas la pipe que vous cherchez.

#11 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

Sorry, newb question here. I don't see the Sure Shot SA on any of the data cards. :blink: I'm confuzzled. :wacko:

Faction ability?

It's in the main rule book . :ph34r:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#12 jdripley

jdripley

Compulsive Forum-goer

• Members
  • 1184 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

How about Feathered Sky instead adding Ranged Support bonuses, capped at +3.
For every Model that attacks the same target with a Ranged attack, they gain a +1 Bonus to Ranged attacks.

This is sheer brilliance. I'm quoting it so it's in the thread twice because the idea is just that good.

That would be a stupendous boost to the elves.
Jim Ripley

#13 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2018 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

Faction ability?

Sure Shot is an Elf faction ability. While it's not on the card, all Elf shooters get to take advantage of it. I've already faced units with sure shot. It is a huge special ability. Kind of the shooters version of Warmaster.

Castlebuilder
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#14 Vil-hatarn

Vil-hatarn

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1841 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

I don't mind losing the pinhole targeting part of Sureshot; it's losing the ability to fire into combat... :down:

I will agree that the new version is pretty nice, especially if trying for 10s.
Elves Rule!

deviantArt

#15 Feanor

Feanor

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

I'll third the +3 RAV bonus that could be a life saver with monsters like the hydra running around.
I'm having trouble deciding between Danithal and Eawod I can see the D being awsome with a light armor upgrade and a magic weapon of sorts and a few bolts for good measure but Eawod is so cool he goes to 11 and all he needs for survivability is some armor.
any pros or cons I'm missing?
I shall return

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users