besides centurions and flails look so cool... :;):

#257 SilverElf4

SilverElf4

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

besides centurions and flails look so cool... :;):

The Centurion does, but the Flail looks like a mobile light tower for playing pick up football games. But since there is no Open Market Fire Support Vehicles, I guess you're stuck with it. (-:
"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."
~ Jonathan Kozol

#258 demi_morgana

demi_morgana

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

pfff... that's what makes flails look even more unique!!! ::P:

#259 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

a little known fact about the Templars is they love football. It is a common sight to see knights playing a game after a long day of liberating suppressed citizens. Of course the use of heavy power armor and jet packs makes the game far more interesting.

So of course, this is the second most popular reason why the Templars heavily employ the Flail. the first is that its the best missle boat money can buy.

The H-M Duelist vs. the KDM Tiger
Both unit functions fit the role of an in-fight yet the Duelist out perfer the the Tiger thanks to its near super human ability to repair.

The H-M Centurion vs. the KDM Rhino
While the Rhino maybe faster, tough and have a high damage profile the Centurion still beats it with good old fashion range and accrutacy(sp?) with its double barreled PBGs.

The H-M Crusader vs. KDM Panther
Being a heavy recon cav mean the Crusader can take far more damage then tiny panther. Toss in the near legendary self repair system the Crusader can support other unit long with its electronic warfare systems

What more reasons do you need to "Knight Up"
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#260 papabees

papabees

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1823 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

OOOh! I like that "Knight Up!"

* Note - Since most people learn best from their own mistakes, I try to make as many as possible, so hopefully I'll learn a lot quicker.

#261 Broode

Broode

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

After looking over the most recent data cards and lurking the various CAV forums, I think I am seriously looking at an Adonese force. I like the EW aspect of the faction plus the slightly longer ranges on quite a few of their units. And of course, Elves are cool :B):

A Malvernian Inquisitor has been urging me to follow Khardullis, because only Khardullis will assure victory in battle... :blink: I don't know anymore... :unsure: It kind of makes sense... :huh: yes, Khardullis will ensure victory to the faithful! :wacko: Khardullis is the one :wow:

After a long absence from the forums(due mainly to work), I have truly seen that the Templars are the only hope for this fractured galaxy. I am preparing to "Knight-Up". I'm still trying to decide on which units to acquire, but I will more than likely pick up a Duelist or 2, a Centurion, a Warhawk or 2 for my faction specific CAVs. I'm debating which Open Market CAVs to get. H-M Knights and Warlords will prominently figure in my force construction. Need to look over the Datacards to make final decisions.
Broode a.k.a Omega Grymm

#262 papabees

papabees

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1823 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Another good option is the Gladiator II. It serves as an open market model or can be upgraded to the Templar specific Gladiator III.

* Note - Since most people learn best from their own mistakes, I try to make as many as possible, so hopefully I'll learn a lot quicker.

#263 Broode

Broode

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

I was over on Mil-Net looking to purchase the 2 CAV e-books and I noticed they process orders through PayPal. Will they take anything other than PayPal? My bank account was royally screwed over by PayPal, so I will not do business with PayPal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Broode a.k.a Omega Grymm

#264 demi_morgana

demi_morgana

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

I'm still trying to decide on which units to acquire(...)

have you considered lance tanks?
these are pretty good choice (surely great choice for me - I have 6 lances now ::): ): pretty cheap (218pts), low so you can hide them easier and they have decent firepower!

#265 Broode

Broode

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

I probably will add some Lances at one point.
Broode a.k.a Omega Grymm

#266 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

I was over on Mil-Net looking to purchase the 2 CAV e-books and I noticed they process orders through PayPal. Will they take anything other than PayPal? My bank account was royally screwed over by PayPal, so I will not do business with PayPal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not to fond of paypal either. You do have a couple options though.

Reaper's online store carries Shards, Mil-net's first book.

Do like I did and get a disposable credit card like a simon mall's giftcard. This way Payal or anyone else has no access to your bank accounts.

A third way would be get ahold of Freefall or Chrome on mil-net and see if they have any on the CDs left of the game from GENCon.

Lance tanks are ok but their slow speed makes them more suited for defensive positions. All though they are not faction specific the Jaguer is an excellent CAV.
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#267 Broode

Broode

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the advice about getting around PayPal.

The Jaguar is definitely in my to get list, as are a few other open market CAVs and vehicles.
Broode a.k.a Omega Grymm

#268 Broode

Broode

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

A Malvernian Inquisitor has been urging me to follow Khardullis, because only Khardullis will assure victory in battle... :blink: I don't know anymore... :unsure: It kind of makes sense... :huh: yes, Khardullis will ensure victory to the faithful! :wacko: Khardullis is the one :wow:

OH NO...The Inquisitor is BACK and TORMENTING ME TO SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF KHARDULLIS :blink: I can NO LONGER hold out...MUST FOLLOW KHARDULLIS :wacko: AAARRGHH!!! NO!!! HELP ME...no, no, no(sob)....

Yes, Khardullis loves me,
For the Inquisitor tells me so... :wow:
Broode a.k.a Omega Grymm

#269 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

OH NO...The Inquisitor is BACK and TORMENTING ME TO SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF KHARDULLIS :blink: I can NO LONGER hold out...MUST FOLLOW KHARDULLIS :wacko: AAARRGHH!!! NO!!! HELP ME...no, no, no(sob)....

For the Inquisitor tells me so... :wow:

:down:

I guess we'll have to deprogram him again... -_-

#270 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:27 AM

Deprogram? How can you mock his faithful decision to follow the correct path tha will bring him honor and glory on the field of battle?

He has done well and will be rewarded :ph34r:
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users