Images in your Sig Files

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7136 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

We (the Mod Staff) love how sig files express our individuality and share insight to our personalities.

We're having a problem with the sizes of the images that are found in several of the members sig files.

We're requesting members review our sig images policy since we have had a lot of new images added recently.

I'm going to have to take a policy stand against some of the sig files. I know they're fun and express individualtiy, but the animated sigs are starting to adversely affect performance. Static images are fine for now. Please keep them under 4k. 2k is better. Animated sig images need to go. If they aren't gone on their own, I'll start cleaning them up on May 31st 2005. This will become a general announcement for the board as well.

Additionally, all sig images must comply with the general forum/board rules whose link is found at the top of every page.

Help us out please, let's get those images back into compliance before we have to go policing and/or editing your files.

Thank you,
the entire Mod Staff

April is Autism Awareness Month

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#2 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7136 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

One month ago, we asked members to review the sig file policy.
Some members chose to comply with our requests.

Some sig files have now had their images edited out by the Mod Staff.

Please edit your sig files before we get to them.

Thank you.

#3 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7136 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

Just a review Bump...

#4 Kay

Kay

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

What should be the MAXIMUM size for pictures in our posts? Buglips just taught me how to upload them to the forum but they are giant. I'm guessing that should be changed and he's explained how to do that too, but now I need to know (and I'm guessing it would be helpful for other newbies here too) what the largest picture is.

And FWIW- I have no idea what you mean by "please keep them under 4k, 2k is better". Technical spec numbers have never made sense to me so if you could type slow so I could understand it I would really appreciate it. ::D:

Thanks!!
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

#5 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7136 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

What should be the MAXIMUM size for pictures in our posts?

try the FAQ (frequently asked questions) thread in the Show Off Forum.
Kit speaks about it there.
  • Kay likes this

#6 Mojoman

Mojoman

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm a Vampire+Options supporter... how do I get the banner image in my sig?

"So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth." - Tim the Enchanter "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns." - Sun Tzu "Keep rockin' the metal!" - mojoman

#7 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7136 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

try this thread

#8 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

any idea when those forum badges are gonna spawn?

Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#9 Thrym

Thrym

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I made the signature graphic from the Kickstarter graphics supplied.  Feel free to use the image I have hosted on my website in your sig.

The url is:  http://www.markshire...ner_vampire.jpg

I work for a web design company so don't have to pay for hosting for my websites and own the domain for 5 years so it should be available for use.

Edited by Thrym, 22 January 2013 - 11:13 PM.

• Pingo likes this

#10 Darksyntax

Darksyntax

• Bones Supporter
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

good to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users