• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

I live in Colleyville Drake, so I do know that drive. And to make it worse, I work near the Galleria in Dallas, so I have that really nice triangle of traffice that I get to play with.

But, for now I do it cause its worth it. We have a great group of play testers.

Once we get things far enough along, I do plan on branching back out and playing down at Area 51 in Grapevine. I feel that its important to get the game in front of players to let them see it first hand. But, its just not time yet... So, for now I continue to make the drive up to HQ.

I hope you decide to come up too. Or if nothing else, when I am able to switch over to the 51, I know who to contact...

#32 Sharky

Sharky

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

yeah mainly local... I used to come up there and paint on Saturdays but life got in the way... haven't really gamed in like2 months... stupid life... someone... kill it.

tonight eh? I will try to make it up there tonight. How late do you guys play normally?

We've been there as late as 10:30, depending on how many players show up. Good fun.

Bring the phone # of the Asylum with you if you do come - there's been an issue with the gate to the business compound that Reaper is in being closed the past few weeks.
"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had real tea.
It's like a syringe of adrenalin straight to the heart..."

"And I'll scrap anytime you say..." - Alex "DeLarge"

#33 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

those issues all surrounded gencon.. gencon is over,those issues wont be there either...

And we have been there wayyyy past 10:30 when the games are fun and conversations good.

but yes, I would say that is probably our averge 6:30 to 10 ish...

#34 jacketboss

jacketboss

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

I hope to be posting some photos of some lupine sculpts tomorrow. hope you guys will check them out in the sculpting scetion.

jimbo
Elf: You cant beat that with a stick! Dwarf: Gimme a stick and ten minutes.... all it takes is the proper attitude and application of said stick.

#35 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2248 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

You are local... and yet you dont come game with us?

Oh, the jokes I could make at your expense.

... must behave

...willpower failing
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#36 Sinden

Sinden

Instigator

• Reaper User
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

Not sure I'd consider an almost hour drive local. Which is why I was kind of hoping to start some warlord on another night down in Grapevine. Still a long drive, but can make it 30-40 mins.

I'll try and get up there some Friday's. But not tonight.

grapevine is like 15-20 min away...i drive out from plano every week, well worth it.

#37 Robot Monkey

Robot Monkey

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

Ran out a version of this list this past Saturday and didn't go as well as I would have liked. Made some tactical errors that contributed to a loss but I think the list is generally solid. So I tweaked it a little and came up with this.

Koborlas - 1000 points

Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Luta, Rageclaw Shaman
Rageclaw Line Breaker x 3
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Wild Wolf x 2

Troop 2
Kainus, War Veteran
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Wild Wolf x 3

Troop 3
Moor Hound
Keep your robot friends close and your robotic enemies closer

---Dr. Daniel H. Wilson, How To Survive A Robot Uprising

#38 Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Good day, I am new to the warlord forums, though only a rookie to warlord. I am going up against a two opponents at the next game night, deploying in the middle, with my opponents on either side of the game table. I will have 1000 points and they each 500, just wondering what you think of the two list I am considering using to combat this challenge.

Koborlas - 1001 points

Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Corm, Ghostmane Shaman
Rageclaw Warrior x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Ironhide

Troop 2
Frostfang Hunter x 3

Troop 3
Kainus, War Veteran
Ragon the Blooded
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Rageclaw Line Breaker
Ironhide x 2

Troop 4
Luck Stone

This list is pretty simple, just fight the enemy, with corm to heal or hinder.

Koborlas - 1001 points

Troop 1
Kashia, Ghostmane Mother
Rageclaw Warrior x 3
Rageclaw Slayer
Familiar
Ironhide

Troop 2
Takhi, Frostfang Shaman
Hania, Ghostmane Warrior
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Rageclaw Line Breaker x 2
Ironhide x 2

Troop 3
Istvan, Rageclaw
Corm, Ghostmane Shaman
Rageclaw Warrior x 2
Ironhide

This list less...smashy, but I hope that the increased magic will give me a better ability to react to unexpected events(like failing to roll a two, happens)

Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

#39 Wedge

Wedge

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

Good day, I am new to the warlord forums, though only a rookie to warlord. I am going up against a two opponents at the next game night, deploying in the middle, with my opponents on either side of the game table. I will have 1000 points and they each 500, just wondering what you think of the two list I am considering using to combat this challenge.

Koborlas - 1001 points

Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Corm, Ghostmane Shaman
Rageclaw Warrior x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Ironhide

Troop 2
Frostfang Hunter x 3

Troop 3
Kainus, War Veteran
Ragon the Blooded
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Rageclaw Line Breaker
Ironhide x 2

Troop 4
Luck Stone

This list is pretty simple, just fight the enemy, with corm to heal or hinder.

Koborlas - 1001 points

Troop 1
Kashia, Ghostmane Mother
Rageclaw Warrior x 3
Rageclaw Slayer
Familiar
Ironhide

Troop 2
Takhi, Frostfang Shaman
Hania, Ghostmane Warrior
Rageclaw Sentry x 2
Ironhide x 2

Troop 3
Istvan, Rageclaw
Corm, Ghostmane Shaman
Rageclaw Warrior x 2
Ironhide

This list less...smashy, but I hope that the increased magic will give me a better ability to react to unexpected events(like failing to roll a two, happens)

Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I would go with List 1 as you pointed out its very smashy ::P: and if you have opponents surrounding you on both sides I think it is exactly what you will need. You may consider rolling the Banded Frostfang Hunters into Vasyl's troop so they can benefit from his Warlord Ability. Youve already got 2 Tacticians, having 4 init cards vs 5 is probably not worth it vs the bonus you would get of them all fighting together.

Posted Image
The next step in Sci-Fi RPG

#40 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

A few thoughts:

1. If you are indeed playing 1000 points (I am a stickler) then you would have to drop the luck stone in the first list and make some form of adjustment on the second list too. (If you and the guys you are playing with dont mind, then its all good)

2. The Koborlas are obviously still in play testing mode, and as a matter of fact I know that there will be quite a bit of focus on them over the next week or two, so dont be surprised to see little tweaks here and there on them both from a data card or from the faction specific information. Depending on how long it is til your next game night, this could influence your lists.

3. If indeed you are deploying in the middle between them, rather than at the opposite end of the table, then depending on the distance between you and each of them, you would have the real advantage of being able to run at one of them and outclass them 1000:500 then wait for the other player to make his way to you and have another huge advantage. My suggestion, to make things fair, is to either have a house rule that says you have to stay in the middle or have your deployment be more of a triangle if not opposite ends.

4. The lists that you provide look fairly decent. But, not knowing what factions you will be facing, nor their probable make up, it is hard to give a decent opinion. Koborlas lists in general do great against other melee lists. Here is another possible take on it:

Koborlas - 998 points

Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Ragon the Blooded
Ironhide x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Rageclaw Sentry
Rageclaw Warrior

Troop 2
Kainus, War Veteran
Ironhide
Shadow Tracker x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Rageclaw Line Breaker

Troop 3
Moor Hound

#41 Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

A few thoughts:

1. If you are indeed playing 1000 points (I am a stickler) then you would have to drop the luck stone in the first list and make some form of adjustment on the second list too. (If you and the guys you are playing with dont mind, then its all good)

2. The Koborlas are obviously still in play testing mode, and as a matter of fact I know that there will be quite a bit of focus on them over the next week or two, so dont be surprised to see little tweaks here and there on them both from a data card or from the faction specific information. Depending on how long it is til your next game night, this could influence your lists.

3. If indeed you are deploying in the middle between them, rather than at the opposite end of the table, then depending on the distance between you and each of them, you would have the real advantage of being able to run at one of them and outclass them 1000:500 then wait for the other player to make his way to you and have another huge advantage. My suggestion, to make things fair, is to either have a house rule that says you have to stay in the middle or have your deployment be more of a triangle if not opposite ends.

4. The lists that you provide look fairly decent. But, not knowing what factions you will be facing, nor their probable make up, it is hard to give a decent opinion. Koborlas lists in general do great against other melee lists. Here is another possible take on it:

Koborlas - 998 points

Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Ragon the Blooded
Ironhide x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Rageclaw Sentry
Rageclaw Warrior

Troop 2
Kainus, War Veteran
Ironhide
Shadow Tracker x 2
Rageclaw Slayer
Rageclaw Line Breaker

Troop 3
Moor Hound

The game is tonight, and it has to do with a challenge that I can't do the Schliefen plan, where I have two foes on either side and execute a certain plan, it is a matter of honor. I know I will be facing a Bloodstone Gnomes for sure, I do not know what the other opponent will have or who it will be. We are not hardcore sticklers, one point isn't big to us, but I can see why you would be a stickler.
My know foe will most likely be bringing a troop with Constructs and another with beetle riders, from the blood stones. Most people I play with try and make mobile lists, I guess enough leader assassinations will make people do that, so being separated isn't that big. We normal see first basing the first round, often with some combat. We see a lot of mounted things at my game shop.

#42 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

I'm going to be playing in the tournament at Gen Con. Does anyone have a suggestion for a 1000 point build with the Koborlas?
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

#43 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2017 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Outek had a killer melee list the other day. He stomped a Sisterhood army that has been doing pretty well. I'll see if he will share the list.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#44 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

I'm going to be playing in the tournament at Gen Con. Does anyone have a suggestion for a 1000 point build with the Koborlas?

Oh man have I ever been waiting for this topic to come up! There are some incredible builds for the Koborlas.

Here's a solid diverse army:
Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Doomcrier
Luta, Rageclaw Shaman
Frostfang Hunter x 3

Troop 2
Takhi, Frostfang Shaman

Troop 3
Kainus, War Veteran
Rageclaw Slayer x 3

Takhi can use burst of speed to slingshot a troop toward unsuspecting enemies, possibly even getting them into combat in the first round. Use Line Breakers to shoot the soft casters or assassin models, their large bases allow you to get line of sight against most things. Kainus and the Slayers were primarily objective point grabbers, once they get a hold of something they stay put.
In the General Murphy and Totem Trouble scenarios this army would do well. In the sacking of Denelspire they would be tough. You would have to hold the enemy to the choke points on the bridge if defending, but that means rushing down the roads and possibly leaving yourself open to ranged attacks; Then when on the offensive you have to hope you can kill most things, or light some stuff on fire with Luta.

Here is one with a little less armor, but some serious bite:
Troop 1
Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha
Luta, Rageclaw Shaman
Warg x 2
Frostfang Hunter x 4
Musician

Troop 2
Aislinn, Shadow Tracker
Rageclaw Line Breaker
Rageclaw Warrior x 2

Troop 3
Takhi, Frostfang Shaman

Troop 4
Spirit Wolf

The same spell tactics apply to this scenario. In Totem trouble you can easily get Vasyl's musician troop into b2b contact with the priests in round one (if you burst of speed with Takhi, then cast incite with Luta you can even get some attacks in...), with the Spirit wolf not far behind. Attacking and defending becomes a little easier for the Sacking of Denelspire with the Wargs being able to block or attack weaker figs and aid in putting out/starting fires. General Murphy will be slightly more difficult sense there are more troops which could result in being more spread out, but your speed is a huge advantage.

Make sure to play through some of the scenarios, that's the best way to get good and ready for the tournament.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#45 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have see which one I like and can field without too much proxying. It would be nice to be able to test, but there isn't really much in the way of Warlord played here in Indy.
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users