• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1884 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

Ok, here is a revised list based on your suggestions and stubbornly sticking to the Sable Guard.

Joeliyn
Sister Kendra
Kyla
Sable Guard x 6
Duelist x 3

Neva
Chain Sister x 3
Blade Warden x 3

Callindra
Sable Guard x 4

Marda
Sable Guard x 3

Luck Stone

1000 points, 28 Models, 62 Tracks.

"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#32 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

As long as you are able to keep spread out and make your swift attacks and run away a good distance, then this is actually a very affective list with the luck stones garnered from the doctrine.

#33 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

You got me thinking.. So, of course I played around some more.

Sisterhood - 1000 points

Troop 1
Joeliyn, Leader of the Blade
Kyla, Vampire Hunter
Sable Guard x 10

Troop 2
Kassandra of the Blade
Shadow Sister x 4

Troop 3
Marda of the Blade
Chain Sister x 2
Blade Warden x 2
Duelist

Troop 4
Marda of the Blade
Sable Guard x 4

Extra
Luck Stone
-------------------------------
4 troops +2 spies
28 models (61 DTs)

#34 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1884 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

That is a very cool list you posted Jason. Do you think it would be worth it with these Sable Guard swarm lists to add in a totem? Or are there just not enough swings to justify the cost?

"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#35 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

Well, I specifically put them in troop 1 because of Joeliyn's ability to cast bless. Add to that the combo of the faction doctrine with Joeliyn's Warlord affect and you are looking at some serious potential for cleaves right there. Blessed they have a MAV 7 for that cleave. With a +2 luckstone, they are now looking at what amounts to MAV 9 for those as long as you have luckstones. But, it works because you have Kassandra and the 2 Mardas out there trying to gain more luck stones.

I think you would have to lose too many models to gain the totem. You would either have to take away a troop (taking one of those stone gathering leaders away) or you would have to seriously deplete the power of the first troop. But, one change that I might do since I just noticed that it is not unique is drop one sable from troop 1 in favor of gaining three Armor of Mettles (Joe, and the Mardas).

I know you were wanting all sables, but I kept my troop 2 and 3 in there to balance out the lack of swings of the sables. The sables look good for what they do, but you have to account for an opponent that wont let them run free.

#36 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

Aside from Crusaders I also picked up a Sister army and I need a little information. I do not have access to the SN book so hopefully someone can answer the following questions. What is Samantha's warlord benefit? What are our faction doctrines? What do we have access to in regards to gear and spells?

I figure I am asking a lot but I really cannot get a hold of the book for myself.

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#37 wildger

wildger

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Aside from Crusaders I also picked up a Sister army and I need a little information. I do not have access to the SN book so hopefully someone can answer the following questions. What is Samantha's warlord benefit? What are our faction doctrines? What do we have access to in regards to gear and spells?

I figure I am asking a lot but I really cannot get a hold of the book for myself.

There is a reason why you cannot find any fraction doctrine or warlord benefit on the forum and I doubt very much the moderator will allow that. The specific spells and equipment can be found in the army builder output page. You can pick up a copy from Amazon at $28.

#38 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

I gave it a shot...

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#39 Knarfy

Knarfy

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

So I only have the Savage North book to look through, but as far as I can tell, Samantha of the Blade has the least useful Warlord ability in the game.

Are there any "Southern" warlords that might challenge that?

Am I the only person who thinks that Sam's warlord ability is terrible? (I am a great big hater to be fair)

Reasons?

#40 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2990 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Well 12 months since anyone posted here...

Knarfy seems pretty on the money, Samantha's Warlord boost is well behind Joeliyn if nothing else, especially with the Mercs @ Heart Doctrine. Now the force I'm working on assembling uses Joeliyn & Mercs @ Heart but after reading the doctrines I had to assemble an Angels force, so here is take 1 on an Angelic sisters force.

Warlord: Samantha Doctrine: Angels of Justice

Army: Luck Stone

Troop 1
Samantha of the Blade (Wings of Vengeance, Magic Weapon)
Siellendria, Spell Sister
Blade Warden
Bow Sister
Chain Sister

Troop 2
Nicole of the Blade (Magic Weapon)
Angelic Warrior
Duelist
Blade Warden
Chain Sister

Troop 3
Callindra Silverspell (Silver Weapon)
Angelic Warrior
Duelist
Blade Warden
Bow Sister

Troop 4
Angel of Vengeance (Magic Weapon)
Angelic Warrior x 2

Edited by ObsidianCrane, 18 March 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users