#46 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Now that is truly AWEsome art! :wow:
I made my own conversion but will have to use it for something else and pick up the official mini.

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#47 natesmith1987

natesmith1987

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

What the hell, has this been completely dropped? I had high hopes for this system. 

#48 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4068 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm not sure it ever really launched.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#49 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6621 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm not sure it ever really launched.

Which is a great pity.

Maybe it'll get some fresh (un)life with Bones?

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#50 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Reaper reminds me a lot of Fox Television.  They launch great shows, but fail to understand just what they have and fail to support them properly.

I understand the whole "We're a miniatures company not a game company" party line.  I do.  A major effort to promote a game system could seriously damage Hobby Q's bottom line.  I get that too.

I would LOVE to see a Kickstarter to spin Reaper Games off as it's own company that would live and die on its own.  It already has 3 ready made games to promote (CAV, Warlord, and RotD - though RotD would make a MUCH better WW2 skirmish game launch with a horror and tourney capability added on)

Just my 5c worth

• psyberwolfe1 likes this
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#51 Ted Kord

Ted Kord

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Reaper reminds me a lot of Fox Television.  They launch great shows, but fail to understand just what they have and fail to support them properly.

I understand the whole "We're a miniatures company not a game company" party line.  I do.  A major effort to promote a game system could seriously damage Hobby Q's bottom line.  I get that too.

I would LOVE to see a Kickstarter to spin Reaper Games off as it's own company that would live and die on its own.  It already has 3 ready made games to promote (CAV, Warlord, and RotD - though RotD would make a MUCH better WW2 skirmish game launch with a horror and tourney capability added on)

Just my 5c worth

I dont get why they dont have someone create content at least for online.  I would buy so many Chronoscope minis if they each had a stat card and a system for playing them against each other.  An easy to learn and teach system with so many bizarre figures pitted against each other could be the first real wargame/party game.  Edna the cat lady and her horde of cats against zombie nazis or killer clowns against zulu warriors would be mad fun.

• KruleBear likes this

My first few Bones, still getting used to them...

http://i83.photobuck...hmann/bones.jpg

Recent Bones

http://i83.photobuck...nn/Bones2-1.jpg

#52 TGP

TGP

The Great Pendrake

• Members
  • 2053 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just my 5c worth

I dont get why they dont have someone create content at least for online.  I would buy so many Chronoscope minis if they each had a stat card and a system for playing them against each other.  An easy to learn and teach system with so many bizarre figures pitted against each other could be the first real wargame/party game.  Edna the cat lady and her horde of cats against zombie nazis or killer clowns against zulu warriors would be mad fun.

Thought experiment:

Would you buy buckets of Chronoscope miniatures if the stat cards DID  NOT  INCLUDE  A  POINTS  VALUE ?  Everything else is there on the card, but no attempt to express, in a number, how many of Edna's cats match one Zombie.

Inventing data cards is not difficult until relating and balancing them to other cards is attempted.

But what if (just for "Mad Fun") you had a turns system, the number of dice to roll, stats to use, etc; but you were on your own deciding how many pirate zombies should be pitted against Herlock Sholmes, Dr. Watt Johnson, and Captain Omen?

• Willen likes this

Boldly Into Darkness Threads:                          Character: Griff the Silent
//forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/54960-ddfantasy-recruitmentintroduction-boldly-into-darkness-go/
//forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/55020-boldly-into-darkness-go/

(Griff cannot speak so he uses:   CHALK   )

Warlord Threads:

/forum/index.php?/topic/25000-reapers-official-position-on-paint-and-proxy/#entry366031
/forum/index.php?/topic/31075-creating-freelance-armies/#entry463326

The post with all the Scales. The post with Base Sizes.

#53 Willen

Willen

Godlike

• Members
  • 1431 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

Just my 5c worth

Thought experiment:

Would you buy buckets of Chronoscope miniatures if the stat cards DID  NOT  INCLUDE  A  POINTS  VALUE ?  Everything else is there on the card, but no attempt to express, in a number, how many of Edna's cats match one Zombie.

Inventing data cards is not difficult until relating and balancing them to other cards is attempted.

But what if (just for "Mad Fun") you had a turns system, the number of dice to roll, stats to use, etc; but you were on your own deciding how many pirate zombies should be pitted against Herlock Sholmes, Dr. Watt Johnson, and Captain Omen?

You mean, like if the stat cards were actually just entries of a Monster Manual? I don't think that would be that difficult, and the only request for Reaper to do so would be to get something we could rage about being "official". 

Honestly, without a ruleset and points and stuff, why care? Just invent your own stuff and pit them against each other. That is, at its core, the Reaper minis' goal IMHO: serve as visual representations of RPGs. Reich of the Dead could work with Achtung! Cthulhu or ZombieTV, or so many RPG systems...

• Qwyksilver and Pingo like this

"Life is too short for cheap brushes!" - CashWiley

"I thought there was a magic bullet that was going to help me paint perfectly. That magic bullet is practice." - Meg Maples

English is not my native tongue, so I may sound odd, sorry!

I believe in honest criticism to improve! Tear down my work so I can repaint it better  :upside:

#54 Ted Kord

Ted Kord

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I would totally be into Chronoscope if they had stat cards even without a point system.  That way they could be added to other games systems based on sort measuring their stats and finding a similar character to compare it to.

A decent starting point just so there is some method that could be agreed on, rather than just pulling out "Edna the Cat Lady" and having some long debate as to what she should be capable of. 

My first few Bones, still getting used to them...

http://i83.photobuck...hmann/bones.jpg

Recent Bones

http://i83.photobuck...nn/Bones2-1.jpg

#55 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

They'd have to hire somebody just to answer all the questions about where the rules are and what the stats mean. Not to mention the additional cost and retroactively establishing stats for figures already released.

edit: I hate posting from my phone sometimes.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch, 03 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#56 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Game balance is exceptionally difficult...there's so many caveats, edge cases, issues of scale, and gotchas that either your formulas become so convoluted you need to have dual majored in Theoretical Mathematics and Quantum Physics [see: Hero System or FASA] to have a hope of understanding them, or it's so ripe for abuse it's only a matter of time until the game becomes highly deterministic: Player A fields figure B, counter with Figure C, game over before game begins.

For an example of what a game designer can come up against: Figure A is a draw with Figure B.  Are they balanced?  What if in addition, B x5 always beats A x5?  Are they still balanced?

The mathematical models underpinning games, while a fascination and hobby of mine, are something so convoluted that even after years of trying to figure them out the hard way [aka no mentor], I can still see the light of the outside world from down within the rabbit hole.  As much as I love games, and wish more people could get a solid understanding of them...studying mechanics is not for the faint of heart. :(

Edited by Foxden Racing, 02 January 2014 - 11:34 AM.

• Arbiter10 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users