• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#31 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

I did forget the ghost and zombie, I didn't like the style/model of either, so did not purchase them. I realize that probably wasn't worth the wait, but there it is.

#32 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

For the upcoming gnoll, rats & kobolds, got plenty (and kobolds are wrong style for me), so I don't really need them and with them being non-uniform (base-wise) it'll be a tough sell on me. Man, I'm just a bundle of bad vibes.

Ok, something positive. Going through your gallery, this is what I would love to see in plastic -

Top of the wants list:
Posted Image

The anvil is unnecessary, don't know how hard it'd be to remove though.
Posted Image

The two at opposite ends are best.
Posted Image

Maybe just the two on the left.
Posted Image

Not exactly what I'm looking for, but close for hirelings/henchmen and merchant.
Posted Image

Wardog = excellent.
Posted Image

Familiars: All great, hedgehog might be unnecessary, where a toad or owl would be better.
Posted Image

Familiars: Pretty good set, the 2nd dragon might be good replaced with a small snake or owl.
Posted Image

*reposting on first post so ppl can see what I'm talking about*

#33 fieldarchy

fieldarchy

Goddess of Pastels and Nekkid Chicks

• Members
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

The anvil on the blacksmith is actually part of that casting. it's a single figure and cannot be removed easily.
Michael Genet: *chuckle* I guess you can. I've never heard anyone say that before, "I can be my own whore".
Me: No, I said, "I can toot my own horn"

Arcane Paintworks Blog
Arcane Paintworks Fan Page

#34 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

Me too! Personally I'd like to see more townfolk available both in plastic and in metal. That's just me! ::):

I would like Townsfolk as well, though I would be VERY happy if the female minis are NOT strumpets/pros.

#35 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

The anvil on the blacksmith is actually part of that casting. it's a single figure and cannot be removed easily.

I would assume that you wouldn't use the same mold and a new one would be necessary, so if the metal figures were cast then modified (anvil removed), you ship it to china, they make the plastic mold off of the mod. imo, it'd be worth moding a sample or two for the factory in this case - and would save on plastic.

#36 fieldarchy

fieldarchy

• Members
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'm curious now, why such a focus on removing the anvil? I think the rest of the mini would be greatly thrown off if it weren't there since that is kind of a focal point on the mini and where the hammer is resting. So removing the anvil would mean also re-sculpting that arm as well.
Michael Genet: *chuckle* I guess you can. I've never heard anyone say that before, "I can be my own whore".

Arcane Paintworks Blog

#37 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

The figure with the anvil on the base is less useful to me, as you can't really move them out of the shop without appearing silly. However, remove the anvil and put a hammer in that man's hand and you've got a musclar villager you can move around town, sans anvil.

#38 fieldarchy

fieldarchy

• Members
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

I guess I just don't see it as that big a deal, really. This is purely my POV by the way, not a Reaper affiliated or Official Reaper statement.

Arcane Paintworks Blog

#39 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

I understand, might not be a big deal to anybody but me. Remember I don't even like the tombstone being on the base of the vampire, and the bases being all skiny an non-uniform, so I know I'm different. :D

#40 ixminis

ixminis

Paint-Lackey

• Artists
  • 3893 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

One closer to what you want is Sayn from the discontinued Exalted line. Exalted was licensed by Reaper for a time, but the license expired and was not renewed:

http://beta.reapermi...19/latest/61019
MichaelG / IXMINIS (I-X-Minis)
Friends don't let friends paint drunk
http://www.tinywars.com

#41 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Well, I don't know that that looks like a villager, but something like that would be cool (and is a great sculpt).

#42 Flexor

Flexor

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Townsfolk would be awesome. I'd rather spend painting time on monsters. Keep up the great work.

#43 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Greyz will get his townsfolk one way or another. :ph34r:
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#44 Halberkill

Halberkill

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

OMG! You guys distribute CollectA dinosaurs! That rocks. They are the finest and with the widest variety of dinosaur toys there are. Geekity geek geek.

Ahem,

Halber

#45 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1389 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

Kind of going with Townsfolk -

Town guards/castle guards/men at arms, armed with halberds, clubs/maces, and crossbows, maybe a sword if there is an officer - the folks that adventurers cut down in droves. ::):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users