• Please log in to reply
1104 replies to this topic

#16 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4332 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm still tossing ideas around, but I'll be watching this thread to see if more people can be coerced into playing.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#17 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yah please do

Hopefully the activity of this thread will make people curious. TofEE recommends a rep from each class but I figure if we can get a fighter, thief, cleric & magic-user. Well be good to go.

Spike, you know of any S&W forum sites to ask if people might be interested in playing?
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#18 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

There's the Mythmere Games site, and OD&DITIES forum. I'll see if I can drum up some interest.

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#19 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

I am totally down. Just one issue I work afternoons and normally am not home until 0100. I am off most Wednesdays and every other weekend. Let me know if I am still a candidate.

One more thing which of the three versions of S&W formal are you planning on using. By formal I mean the ones that Matt is producing.

Thank you for your time.
The End!
The End!

#20 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

I am interested in a this game.

Questions: How often are we expected to post?

Do you want a background for characters?

Are you wanting a rounded group? ie Fighter, cleric, wizard, thief? Am am willing to take on any role needed.

Oh I found out about this game from the like on the swords and wizardry forums. :)

#21 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys

no worries on when you guys can get a post in, as long as it is a consistent posting, your good.

You can do a back story, but if you say Bob here is young fighter setting out in the world for his fame & adventure. Hell that is fine with me.

Temple of Elemental Evil says a well rounded group so I guess that is what I'm lookin at or at least it'll help you guys out but if anyone doesn't want to be the magic user then by all means make something else.

Ok, we got 4. Which for me is a good to start, if we get 1 or 2 more before we really get going, then that will be fine with me.

As far as rules. Go with the latest pdf printing, the one off of rpgnow.com is what I'll be using (4th printing, just released last month).

Also note, I'll be using the druid, ranger, monk & bard using this site's rules for them:

http://swcompanion.w...t.com/resources

Again, make the character 2nd level, roll 4d6, drop the lowest & max gold & your good to go!

You also have a riding horse, but as I said it not the greatest horse in the world.

So far we have a half-orc fighter

thanks for the interest
RM

#22 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Ok characters will be 1st level. Hmmm, I didn't think they started off at 1st in that adventure, but more or less we will run through T1 Village of Hommlet first then the Temple part.Also roll 4d6 & remove the lowest die for stats. Max gold starting. Also max hps as well.Also Spike, can you send me your house rules for half-orcs? As I'll let them buggers in as player characters.Other then that normal S&W rules for character creation.RM

You stated we are to use max hps as well. This is when we were creating first level characters. Are we using full hit points for the 2nd level characters also?

Also are you allowing clerics to use slings and oil as range weapons?

#23 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Ok here is how I do HPs

MAX 1st level
Every level afterwards up to level where you stop getting HD rolls:

Either take half of your HD + Con bonus/minus if any (example You have 1d8 HD roll, take the 4, 1d6 + 2 Con bonus: take the 5, etc etc)

or

Roll your HD + Con bonus/minus. If you roll a 1 discard & roll again.

Always hated playing a Fighter & getting a whopping 1 on my HD roll.

Clerics: Yes, I have no problem with those 2.

If your considering a cleric, the setting will be using the Greyhawk gods with St Cuthbert being a prominent religion in the game.

#24 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

In that case, I will re-roll my 2nd level HP

*rolls*

::D: ::D: ::D: ::D: ::D: ::D: ::D: ::D:

The gods LOVE me!

*closes quick-edit window*

:ph34r:

linkmeg.gif

#25 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Yah I guess I forgot about that 2nd level HP roll. I've noticed that either giving half or the roll is a pretty good way of doing hps. Half is a nice amount but of course getting higher is nice, but rolling a 2 if your a fighter sucks. (then again I had a 13 hp level 3 fighter (+1 Con) one time & this was max at first with rolls afterwards)

Ok I'll try & get up a preview post in the playing section tomorrow (yeah for days off) describing the history & opening stuff for the game. I know I have the module in pdf form but I'm not sure if it's on this computer or my older system.

RM

#26 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

I am a bit of a newbie for all of this and may need a little more guidance than others.

Now by 4.0 do you mean core, complete, or White Box. I think you mean core.

In core there are no Half Orcs in that particular mechanic. Which leads to this question do you have a set of house rules you are using other than http://swcompanion.w...t.com/resources and or how much of his particular house rules are you using other than class.

Where will we be playing and is there something I need to sign up for to play there. I know online, just looking for link.

I will play what ever class you would like me to play. Basically what ever is left over.If it is the Cleric I will need a pointer to Grey Hawks religion, because I have not read enough of Grew Hawk to really know anything about it.

I am a Drizzt fanboy lol. :wub: I do know a little bit about forgotten realms. Sorry folks I am a novice I hope this does not cause any issues.
The End!

#27 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hmmm...an Oe drow would make for even more interestinger group dynamics than usual. :rolleyes:

Haldir can probably answer most questions for you better than I, but as far as where the game will be played, it will take place on this forum in the section below this one called "The Playing". This game's topic isn't there yet, but there's another game in progress as well as a few backlogged games that have kind of fizzled out if you would like to read through. (In order to see topics and posts that are older than the default 30 days, you have to click the "Change Filter Options" link down in the red bar below the last topic on a page.)

linkmeg.gif

#28 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4332 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

I think I'll be playing a monk. I'll get something worked up this weekend.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#29 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Yup, Spike pretty much said what I was gonna say. This section has 2 sections one for Gathering up your group & then the Playing where the game will take place. I haven't put up a posting yet but I'll try & get one up today, a placeholder/background post you might say.

Rules set is this printing here:

S&W at rpgnow.com

As far as house rules. Other then what I've done so far with character creation, not really that different then what you'll find in the rulebook. I do like the classic races & classes so that is the reason for the additional classes & the half-orc. If you want to have a half-elf or gnome, feel free to ask me about those. I'm still working on those 2 classes but if you really want them, I'll come up with something.

The human classes are pretty much what has been posted so far. I've debated a barbarian but held off on that one.

Archery:
Archers may fire two arrows per Round only if they do not move.
Crossbows can not, in general, be reloaded on the run. Only very light crossbows can be spanned with one hand.

You die when you reach your Con bonus in -10 + your Con bonus/minus (ie -11 or -9, etc etc)

Other then that, everything else is by the book.

Also this section will be used for off topic stuff during game or other info during game that you feel needs more explanation.

#30 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Here is character thus far. But if someone else wants to be the cleric. I have a thief and wizard on standby to fill whatever we need.

Name: Coriander Waterspout (Cory)
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Deity: St. Cuthbert (Billets Sect)
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
XP bonus: 10%
Saving Throw: 14
HP: 11
Hit Dice: 2 (1d6/level)
Weapons
___Club 1d4 10 lbs
___Sling 1d4 1 lbs
___Mace, heavy 1d6 10 lbs
AC: 5 (base 9 minus 3 ringmail + -1 shield.)
Armor
___Armor, Ring -3[ +3] 40 lbs
___Shield -1 [+1] 10

STR: 11 1-2 open doors, +5 encumbrance
INT: 12 3 max additional languages
WIS: 17 10% XP bonus
CON: 12 75% raise-dead survival
DEX: 10
CHA: 12 4 max hirelings
Gold (from 180 gp) 0 gp 7 sp 5 cp (9 lbs) [edit: Bought 1 holy water and map.]

Equipment
Dress Robes
Backpack 5gp
Bedroll 2gp
Chalk .05gp
Flask, leather .03gp
Ink 1gp
Holy symbol, wooden 1gp (a small wooden club)
Mirror, small steel 20gp
10 Oil, lamp 1 pint .1gp
Parchment 3 sheets .2gp x 3
Pole (10 foot) .2gp
10 Rations, Trail .5gp
Rope Hemp (50 ft) 1gp
2 Sack (15 pounds) 1gp
Shovel 2gp
5 Torch .01gp
Waterskin .1gp
Horse 20gp
dagger 2gp For food preparations.
sling and stones .2gp
Stones, sling (20) 1d4 By weapon By weapon 5
0 gp
Mace, heavy 1d6 10 10
Ring -3 [+3] 40 30 gp
Shield -1 [+1] 10 15 gp
1 flask holy water
1 map of old moathouse area.

Total encumbrance: 85 lbs
Base Movement: 9

Spells:
2 Heal Light Wounds

Edited by Razberry Ranid, 19 August 2011 - 11:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users