1143 replies to this topic

#16 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

/ooc No problem with borrowing the bold when speaking. It is how we did things on another board I played pbp on.

As for the argumentative. We were not arguing per say. We were playing our characters. My character doesn't think it is a good idea to spook the townfolk who are being raided by bandits. Some folk have never seen an orc and perhaps a dwarf for that matter. So his point of view is one that he thinks is best for the townfolk and the motley band that he and the other 3 make up. Besides debating about what to do is part of a newly put together groups makeup. Once they get to know each other better things will go much smoother. //

#17 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6952 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

Chara halts her course toward the goodwife, having accomplished what she meant to accomplish.

"Good. I don't like dogs.", she states with a satisfied look about her face, and then mumbles something to herself under her breath. She then walks around her horse a bit both to give the horse a short rest from carrying her and to give her backside a rest from riding so long.

(ooc)
I'm not meaning to be contrary either. It's Chara. She's just a jagged pill sometimes. PS liking the idea of bold text myself too. Thanks.

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#18 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

Did we lose our DM lol?
The End!

#19 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12622 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

"Down boys down!!" she says to the dogs. They are your typical farm dogs, one is a big Mastiff & the other is a Old English Sheepdog. The dogs stop barking but still watch on, staring at the "new people" at the edge of town.

After attending to the dogs, she turns to you & says

"Afternoon, priest of St Cuthbert. If your looking for the church, just head up north on the road & over the river. You can't miss it, as it's the biggest building on that side of the village. (#20)" She says as she notices your holy symbol. As she speaks to you, 4 small children (3 girls & a boy) peer out from the doorway at you.

"If you are looking for a bite to eat, or a drink, the Inn of the Welcome Wench is your best bet for that. Actually it's the only place really, ha ha." she says with a jovial laugh. The little children still look at you with wide eyes.

"Just follow the road you'll come to the place. Again you can't miss the place." (It's #7)

As you are talking with the woman, you notice over the doorway is a carved wooden acorns & leaves. You notice this to be a sign of the Old Faith (3 deities dedicated to nature & other non-civilized areas of the world. These being Ehlonna, Obad-hai, and most of all Beory, the Earth-Mother).

"I'd offer you a bite to eat myself but my husband is out in the field right now working & I'm not sure if he would approve of me letting in strangers & such. Epically with all the evil-doings about." When she says "evil-doings" she makes a symbol over her chest. A symbol of Beory.

Anyone that approaches the lad at the other farm

As you approach, the young boy looks up but continues his chores, as you get near him he says to you

"Afternoon, my name is Mickey or Mick, as everyone here calls me. If you want to talk to the master of the house I can get him for you."

He briefly stops but continues after speaking. Awaiting your answer.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#20 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

As I approach the boy I sence a strong connection to him. It is as I thought he posesses a magical aura. I say "yes I would like to speak to your master." I am going to try and figure out the boys worth to his master. My goal is to possibly take him on as an appretice.
The End!

#21 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6952 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

While the male members of the party go about asking directions (irony, no?), Chara speaks with Isha, though she still keeps one eye on those dogs.

"What you gonna do when we get into town?"

Allowing time for Isha's response, she reveals her own plans for the night.

"I just wanna eat, drink, sleep, and not have to kill anybody just for one night."

linkmeg.gif

#22 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Body Guard over hereing your conversation tells you that "My master is a good Dwarf I will request that he learns sleep for you. Just in case we do meet some unfriendlies." Then throughs you wink. You see Body Guard having been through several battles is now greatly disfigured. He seeks a woman more for her compatability than her out ward apperance if they will have them.

I am using "" because I am at work and my phone will not let me bold on this forum for some reason. Just to avoid confution.
The End!

#23 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6952 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Chara puzzles for a moment over Body Guard's statement about the dwarf's need to 'learn sleep'.

"What's to learn?", she asks, rhetorically. "Sleep just happens when you're tired. Maybe he need to work harder." She grins at the dwarf's steward. "Don't tell him I said that."

linkmeg.gif

#24 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

"Why thank you M'lady that was my next question." Noticing the Old religions symbols upon her door. (Rolled a 4 for wisdom check to notice and know what the symbols indicated) "St. Cuthbert welcomes all to attend services. Perhaps I will see you and yours there." not allowing a response he continues. "Alas where might we find lodging and food for our horses." He looks back to indicate the others with the horses, to see the dwarf and his entourage gathered round the boy. Cory waits for a answer while watching for any signs that there might be trouble.

#25 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4201 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Isha keeps a casual eye on the two farmhouses and the doings there. Answering Chara's question she says "I will see to the needs of this horse, and then to my own, and then perhaps I will play a little." She touches the flute case at her hip.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#26 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hey Razberry she all ready answered those questions. Plus it is only I, Golden Hammer near to the boy, unless I missed something.
The End!

#27 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12622 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Friendly GM reminder: Try & keep all OoC chat in the Gathering posting, as I'd like this to just be the story/game. :ph34r: Thx!

The goodwife:

"Oh no, we never go there, my husband & I have devoted our lives to Beory's teachings. Thank you for the invitation. (while she doesn't try to show it, she gives you that "anther faith, beh!" look to you when you offer) You might try talking with the priest, Calmert. Thou he isn't the high priest, that title belongs to Canon Terjon. I would rather talk to Calmert thou, as he is more of a people person, but the Canon Terjon is a good man, just a bit full of himself."

She says to you upon your offer to attend the St Cuthbert church.

"You can stable your horses at either the Inn or at the large stone tower (#31) of Rufus & Burne. They are or were to put it more properly, adventurers like yourselves. They just settled here after the last crusade to rid the area of the that evil temple & it's influences. They are good men, well liked too."

The farm boy:

"k, wait here I'll go get them." the boy says

After a few minutes (more like 5-10) the boy emerges with 2 elderly people, a man & woman, the man walks with a cane. Both appear to be probably in their 70s.

"Mick here, says your here to see me or my wife. I don't know you, so what do yah want?" the old man says as he leans on his cane.

the woman overlooks you & the rest of the party, noting your armor, weapons & other adventuring gear. She says to you

"Are you friends of Otis? If so he is in trouble???"

#28 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

I ask "Who might Otis be and why do you think him in trouble?"

I would like to ask more about Mick and his roll with there family.

My fault trying to type from my phone I have fixed it.
The End!

#29 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6952 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Isha
I will see to the needs of this horse, and then to my own, and then perhaps I will play a little." She touches the flute case at her hip.

"You're good at that.", Chara remarks about the flute. "I never even learnt how to whistle."

linkmeg.gif

#30 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12622 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

The farm boy/elderly couple:

"Who is Mike?" the old woman says "I said Otis. He is our son, our oldest actually. He went off with people like yourselves & we haven't heard anything from him since. I fear he might be held against his will or worse!" the old woman says

"Mary, Otis will be fine! He is a good lad, he went after his fortune unlike our other son. That no good drunkard!" the old man says.

"Elmo is a good man, he just doesn't have his priorities set right, 'member he failed at getting into the Viscount's guard."

"Darn right he doesn't!!" the man says with a bit of disgust. "That kid needs to toughen up, become a farmer like me & continue the family name & business!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users