Jump to content


Photo

Temple of Elemental Evil


  • Please log in to reply
1129 replies to this topic

#31 Tatem

Tatem

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

I do apologize I meant your servant boy Mick. If I where to help your boy Elmo off the drink and convince him he needs to return to you and take up the plow. Would you be willing to lend me your servant boy? That is if you are his keepers.

Even if you are not Micks Keepers I find it a noble cause to help your youngest boy and I will do my very best to help him along a purer life. I travel with a very wise and noble cleric. Now I do not like to speak for others, but I am sure he will assist me. He is around the corner speaking to the Good Wife. If I may what do you know of her?

As far as your eldest boy I am sure he is a capable young lad and I do not doubt he is alive. A man of your Husbands age does not get there by pure luck. IF any of his grander has rubbed off on your boy Otis then I am sure he is just fine. If I do see him I will make sure he sends word to tell you of his adventures and that he is alright.

The End!

#32 haldir

haldir

    I Don't Look Like My Avatar

  • Bones Supporter
  • 12604 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

"Oh, you mean Silas. Sorry somedays I can't hear too good." the old woman says to you (Silas is the servant's name btw)

"While I can't speak for my husband. I would love to see Elmo turn his life around, as he is & always will be a good strong lad." she adds.

"While I might take you up on your offer, I'd rather keep the lad. He is a good worker + he works for cheap, right Silas?" the old man says

"Yes, sir." the boy says, stoping to talk before getting back to stacking some wooden crates.

The old man leans on his wooden cane before saying,

"To be honest the kid is a local kid that works here in the day. He goes home at the night to his folks. They live in town. Ask them & if they approve, I'll agree to your trade. If anything it'll get the lard-butt out of town for a few days at least." the old man says to you.

"If they don't, then maybe you can even talk to Elmo, tell him why your in town. I see from your garb your a wizard of some sorts & really the only other wizard of sorts is Burne. He is a retired adventurer that lives in the large tower up on the hill. Anyways maybe whatever your doing, might spur Elmo to go along."

The old man rubs his scruffy chin & says "You'll probably find him at the Inn of the Welcome Wench, just up the road. As that is the only place in town that serves of alcoholic beverages. If he isn't there, pretty sure if you wait a bit, he will be."
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#33 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

Friendly GM reminder: Try & keep all OoC chat in the Gathering posting, as I'd like this to just be the story/game. :ph34r: Thx!The goodwife:"Oh no, we never go there, my husband & I have devoted our lives to Beory's teachings. Thank you for the invitation. (while she doesn't try to show it, she gives you that "anther faith, beh!" look to you when you offer) You might try talking with the priest, Calmert. Thou he isn't the high priest, that title belongs to Canon Terjon. I would rather talk to Calmert thou, as he is more of a people person, but the Canon Terjon is a good man, just a bit full of himself." She says to you upon your offer to attend the St Cuthbert church."You can stable your horses at either the Inn or at the large stone tower (#31) of Rufus & Burne. They are or were to put it more properly, adventurers like yourselves. They just settled here after the last crusade to rid the area of the that evil temple & it's influences. They are good men, well liked too."


"I thank you kindly M'lady, I will speak with this Calmert first thing after we settle in and tend to our horses. May St. Cuthbert find favor with you and yours for your kindness." Cory bows respectfully and returns to his companions to report what he has learned from the goodwife. He takes the reigns of his horse from the Monk. "Thank you for tending Fleabag" Looking in the direction of the dwarf, the cleric lets out a sigh and mumbles under his breath.

"I think we should head for the inn straight away and have our horses tended too. We need to make inquiries at the church with a priest named Calmert"
Fleabag whinnied and nuzzled its snout against the cleric looking for some attention since it was left for a few moments in the care of the monk. The cleric absently minded stroked the horses mane. "You think the dwarf is going to be long in his individual pursuits?"

#34 Spike

Spike

    Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

  • Black Lightning
  • 6947 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Cory
"I think we should head for the inn straight away and have our horses tended too. We need to make inquiries at the church with a priest named Calmert"


"Good plan.", Chara quips, knowing food and rest will come soon.


Cory
"You think the dwarf is going to be long in his individual pursuits?"


Chara watches the Dwarf in his dealings with the people at the other farm with a rueful frown. "Yeah, looks like it.", she replies to Cory. "If he still wanna come with us, he can find us."

She speaks to her horse once more before remounting. "You a good horse, Winnie. Just a little more to go and then we both'll have supper and rest." She only wishes she actually believed those words herself. Predictability and her line of work seldom if ever went hand-in-hand.

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

 


#35 Inarah

Inarah

    Godlike

  • Bones Supporter
  • 4193 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

"I am sure he will only be a moment longer. We have no need to rush. The ale will still be warm when we get there. "

To Chara, "What do you think? Do they water it down here? Or will it taste like mule piss?"
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#36 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Cory nodded in agreement with Isha, "I guess we can wait a moment longer for the dwarf.", as if knowing what the cleric had just said his horse whinnied as if in disagreement. It had be awhile since the horse was properly tended to. A nights stay in a good stable with all the amenities of being properly well fed, brushed and cleaned. Come to think of it, it has been awhile since the cleric has properly bathed, that will have to be a priority before he dawned his clerical dress robes to visit the church to speak with Calmert.

Cory almost choked as the monk asked about the local ale tasting like mule piss. It wasn't the use of the word piss that made him choke, but actually imagining that someone actually had drank it to have it to compare too. Why do some people compare things they find distasteful with something they have never actually tasted, he thought to himself, but then again maybe the half orc, no lets not think about that. "Hold up Chara, we will give Golden another ten minutes to finish his inquiries then we can head for the inn."


/ooc How much will dress robes cost? I will add them and deduct the cost.

#37 Tatem

Tatem

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

I went over to the group and say "well what are we all
Waiting for I am starved"

On our way to the inn I fill everyone in on what I learned.
The End!

#38 Spike

Spike

    Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

  • Black Lightning
  • 6947 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Isha
"I am sure he will only be a moment longer. We have no need to rush. The ale will still be warm when we get there. "


"Yeah...good plan." Chara realizes too late that this might be the tenth time she has said that same thing in the past half hour.

Isha
"What do you think? Do they water it down here? Or will it taste like mule piss?"


"Yeah..or like the sweat off a donkey's b....", Chara begins, just before Cory begins talking.

Cory
"Hold up Chara, we will give Golden another ten minutes to finish his inquiries then we can head for the inn."


"Ten, huh? Alright."

Chara then begins to sing a song very quietly (but still rather badly) to herself.

'Bring us in good ale, and bring us in good ale,
For our blessed lady's sake, bring us in good ale.

Bring us in no brown bread, for that is made of bran;
Nor bring us in no white bread, for there-in is no game'

She will continue the song for the next ten minutes, given the chance, but sees Golden walking back over.

"Well? Tell us what you found out."


(ooc)
Edited because another post went up just as I was posting
Also I found a video of "Bring Us In Good Ale" it's one of Chara's favourite songs. The other is...well... for another time LOL

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

 


#39 Tatem

Tatem

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hey Haldir then what is this I am confused.

As you approach, the young boy looks up but continues his chores, as you get near him he says to you

"Afternoon, my name is Mickey or Mick, as everyone here calls me. If you want to talk to the master of the house I can get him for you."

He briefly stops but continues after speaking. Awaiting your answer.


Specifically the under lined part.
The End!

#40 haldir

haldir

    I Don't Look Like My Avatar

  • Bones Supporter
  • 12604 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

(whoops, thats a fubar on my part :lol: His name is Mickey "Mick")

The party makes it way more into the small village of Hommlet.

The woman that was peering out the window has now come to her doorway to see you pass. You see, she is a elderly lady, she is dressed in a black dress. Working in the field behind the house (would be the northside) are 2 grown men that look similar to her, probably her sons). Above the doorway to the house is a similar carving like the one with the Goodwife & family.

As you pass she watches for a bit before returning to her house, closing the door.

As you causally ride your horses into the town. You pass a large barn on the right side of town, most likely belonging to the Goodwife & her husband. You pass a small but well kept farmhouse (#5) on the right. Outside is a older man in his 40s or so & a well-muscled man in his 20s doing work around the farm. Among them are 5 children. Two teen-aged daughters, a girl about 11 or so & 2 young boys probably between the ages of 12 & 9. All are helping the older man around the farm. The young man in his 20s has a shaved head but doesn't appear to related to the older man.

The kids look up from their chores & watch you pass. The 12 year old boy looking with the most curious look.

On the other side of the road from the farm house is a rectangle shaped building (#6). Tacked onto the front door is a large tanned piece of hide. There is no signage of any kind but it appears to be a business of some kind.

Before you even get to the farmhouse & the other building, the Inn of the Welcome Wench(#7) appears into view. It is a large building with a stable attached to it. It appears to be 2 floors. There is a well-kept post fence around the front of the place. Tacked onto it & near the entrance is a square wooden sign showing a buxom & smiling girl holding a flagon of beer. This must be the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Even as you pull up to it, there are people going into the place. They appear to be merchants.

To the east is a building behind a open shed. (#8) Horseshoes are nailed to three faces of the post in front of this shed, and within sit a forge and bellows. This is obviously the smithy. A short but brawny man is vigorously pounding away at a piece of red-hot iron.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#41 Spike

Spike

    Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

  • Black Lightning
  • 6947 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Chara listens to Golden's explanation of all that transpired at the farm and tries to mentally organize the facts. She hopes others have done likewise, because she was not made a part of this merry band for her mental-organization skills.

Once at the inn, she asks the others collectively, "Want me to hold the horses while one of yous pays for the livery and rooms?"

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

 


#42 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

The cleric careful takes in the sites as they ride along the road towards the inn, noting any prominent buildings that they may wish to later visit.

When they reach the inn he dismounts and takes the half-orc up on her suggestion. The cleric hands over his reigns to the half-orc, "Yes please do." Coriander Waterspout freely volunteers to pay the way for the entire group and their horses. He knows deep down in his heart that St. Cuthbert is looking on and will bless him for his charity. "How many nights do we wish for the start? Separate rooms or two? I think I can handle sharing a room as long as we all get a proper bath." His horse whinnies at being handed off to Chara. "Don't worry old friend you will get special treatment." The cleric then reassures his horse with a gentle pat. He then turns to his companions to wait for an answer to his question.


#43 Spike

Spike

    Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

  • Black Lightning
  • 6947 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

"If Isha don't mind, I don't mind sharing", Chara answers. "May's well stay a week if this job's like last time."

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

 


#44 Tatem

Tatem

    Instigator

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Body Guard stats to me "I do not like chara having to take on these chores alone." I say "all right we can help her with the horses, well at least you will. I will keep a watch. "
The End!

#45 Inarah

Inarah

    Godlike

  • Bones Supporter
  • 4193 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Isha shrugs at the cleric's suggestion and says "As you wish," and then hands the reigns of her horse to Chara. She leans over and whispers to the half-orc, "I will make sure we get the best room."
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users