• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TKD

TKD

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've just started collecting the LE minis. Well, not collecting so much as buying a bunch of the ones I need for game. I'd like to buy more, but I've got as many of the existing models as I need.

Are there plans to release more? The up and coming LE line minis announcements all seem pretty old, and I haven't seem new ones pop up on the online store.

I hope you guys can make and sell more of these. They're very useful in my GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game and they transport well (IOW I can toss them in a box instead of slotting them in one by one in a foam-lined box and hoping they don't bang around too much).

Peter V. Dell'Orto

My books

Dungeon Fantastic - the blog

"The thing that you know to be true is the lie that will kill you." Glen Cook, "Soldiers Live"

#2 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

LE isn't going anywhere, to my knowledge. The modus operandi has been 'slow and steady' thus far, and it's worked out for them.

IIRC, they're playing it cautious not only because of the economy, but because of the cost of manufacturing [they don't do the lose-$2-per-figure 'commons' and make-$20-per-figure 'rares' stuff...every model has to pull its own weight], and because they want to make sure the line doesn't spike and crash like some of the competition has done. As far as I know no other company has done prepainted plastics without using a 'booster pack' setup to create artificial demand. The latest releases were ~2 months ago, I think...a couple dinosaurs and some really vibrant spiders.

Granted, all that's hear-say. I don't work for Reaper, I just glean tidbits here and there as I stroll the forum.

#3 TKD

TKD

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I pretty much knew that stuff - I was just wondering if there were plans to expand the line. I wasn't suggesting it was a dead line, that Reaper go collectible, woofing that they didn't have some giant line, etc. I'm just curious if it's going to expand.

The dinos look cool, but I don't need dinos. And I already have bunches of spiders . . .

Peter V. Dell'Orto

My books

"The thing that you know to be true is the lie that will kill you." Glen Cook, "Soldiers Live"

#4 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 583 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Aha...my fault. I wasn't trying to patronize or imply, just throwing out the information I have. The next round of releases and what it may or may not be is something I can't answer...one of the Reaper crew themselves might be able to, depending just how sworn to secrecy they are. I don't know the secret handshake, nor do I have a "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" giant frikkin' laser with which to get the info one way or another.

Random side-moment...how cool would it be to have stuff like that in the Chronoscope line, I'm thinking straight out of the game Evil Genius here...

Anyway, I haven't heard anything saying they're going to stop. I know some of the guys can be a little touchy about it; I can't say I blame them...just since joining here a few months ago I've seen a couple "Why isn't it as big as DHL yet and how dare you charge me $5 for a Dwarf, it should be $0.25 like WoTC charges for their plastic dwarves!" threads.

By the way...thank you for not being that guy. :poke:

#5 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

iirc the cerebus and cyclops were the next things to be made... I try to track as much as possible here:

http://www.plasticrypt.com/le_2011.php
  • TKD and greyhaze like this

#6 TKD

TKD

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

By the way...thank you for not being that guy. :poke:

No problem. I'm generally not that guy. :)

I just want more minis. The collectibles are fine, but the secondary market is often priced by rarity and game utility, not by "how much is Peter willing to spend on one freaking mini of that for his game?", which is the standard everything should be based on. ;)

iirc the cerebus and cyclops were the next things to be made... I try to track as much as possible here:

http://www.plasticrypt.com/le_2011.php

That's helpful, thank you. Cerebus looks cool. I already have a gigantic cyclops, thanks to those plastic monster figures at Michael's. :)

Peter V. Dell'Orto

My books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users