107 replies to this topic

#1 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Just logged in this morning to troll the forums, as I'm wont to do on a daily basis, and saw the new look to Reaper's website. I just wanted to say WOW!
It looks FAN-tastic.....

:wub:

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#2 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

It is... different

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6503 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Ain't working.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 SkeletonTodd

SkeletonTodd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Its not bad, will take some getting used to for sure. I can see the need for it though, Reaper has a lot of information to categorize and display to customers. The header text at the top of categorical pages is way too big for my tastes. And it seems that the multi-image code has stopped working, so that when I click on different images of the same miniature, the current image doesn't change.

#5 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12753 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like it. I like the style of fonts & "modernized" style on how it's put together.

Great work guys!

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#6 MikeD

MikeD

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I like the new look so far, but I do have one question. Am I just missing it, or did they drop the Preview Gallery that used to be available on the left side of the old website. That was normally the first thing I would check when I visited the website, to see what new and interesting figures might be coming down the pike. ::(:
Mike
- Lord of the Unpainted Hoard!

#7 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2113 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

The Preview Gallery link is on the bottom left if you mouse-over the Figures header at the top.

#8 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1387 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

I don't like it, too much whitespace, monitors are getting larger and wider, the design would work ok in the old 600x800 resolution days, but you have much more real estate to deal with now
  • SkeletonTodd likes this

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#9 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1901 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Not sure if it is my browser, but the bottom button bar won't fully show up, no matter how wide I expand. the word "Store" and the Reaper Logo are both cut off on the outside.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#10 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3791 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

For a variety of reasons, I'm in kind of a "Change Is Bad" place right now.

That being said, if I can still figure out where everything is and how to get there, I'm good.

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#11 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17170 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

The bar is a little slow to move on the bottom on my phone (Opera Mobile), but the rest of the site looks better on a phone than it did.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#12 captenglish

captenglish

Godlike

• Members
  • 1268 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Don't know if the change was needed, but I like it.

They [machines] cannot commune with God. Official Fieldarchy fanboy!

#13 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10046 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

You noticed! Soft launch, but I needed to just kick this out the door.

Story time.

My wife was looking for something on the website one day, and she was having trouble finding it. "Oh," I said, "That's right there…" clicky clicky.

"That wasn't obvious at all."

I've been looking at the site for so long, and the navigation had become so expansive, that things were getting lost to the average user. "This isn't like you," she said. She was right. When the old look launched, the side navigation had 12 items. Everything fit on the top of the scroll. Over time, someone needed this link, or we needed to feature that thing, and it just got away from me.

So, clean start. Bold categories with flexible content. Bright logo-centered product lines. Plenty of space around options.

In the coming weeks, I'll be rolling out incremental changes that take better advantage of the extra real estate I have for content now.

This transition isn't without casualties. The web page breaks in IE 6. Badly. But so does the forum. And Google and Facebook both dropped support for IE 6 this last year. I would love to be able to support all of my visitors indefinitely, but I'm afraid that in order to get everything under control, my 500 IE 6 visitors over the last 30 days will be left out in the cold. I'm truly sorry.

Answer time.

Ain't working.

This is profoundly unhelpful.

Its not bad, will take some getting used to for sure. I can see the need for it though, Reaper has a lot of information to categorize and display to customers. The header text at the top of categorical pages is way too big for my tastes. And it seems that the multi-image code has stopped working, so that when I click on different images of the same miniature, the current image doesn't change.

Doh! I missed that one. This website is a huge beast. I expect I can get that back working tonight.

I don't like it, too much whitespace, monitors are getting larger and wider, the design would work ok in the old 600x800 resolution days, but you have much more real estate to deal with now

When I started this project, I was expecting I could agree with you. But my actual usage stats say that 1000x600 hits 85% of my users. We may have bigger screens, but our portals are still pretty small. That said, expect larger thumbnails in the gallery and some new organization techniques for other sections as the coming weeks elapse.

Not sure if it is my browser, but the bottom button bar won't fully show up, no matter how wide I expand. the word "Store" and the Reaper Logo are both cut off on the outside.

What's your browser? The skull is only half-present. Little homage to our favorite creepy demon skull since the new logo treatment drops it.

For a variety of reasons, I'm in kind of a "Change Is Bad" place right now.

That being said, if I can still figure out where everything is and how to get there, I'm good.

Sorry that you're not in a happy place, but I hope the simplified categories at the top will get you back in the flow of things pretty quickly. Happily, all the old URLs still work, so bookmarks and Google won't be broken.

Now back to work.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#14 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1901 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

What's your browser? The skull is only half-present. Little homage to our favorite creepy demon skull since the new logo treatment drops it.

USAF modified IE8. 1/2 the 'S' in Store, and right through the left eye socket of the demon skull - but sounds like the skull was meant for that. But, while the S is livable, it is annoying as heck to have it look as if the page isn't loaded. I'll mail you a screen shot, if you want.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#15 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10046 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

USAF modified IE8. 1/2 the 'S' in Store, and right through the left eye socket of the demon skull - but sounds like the skull was meant for that. But, while the S is livable, it is annoying as heck to have it look as if the page isn't loaded. I'll mail you a screen shot, if you want.

My IE7 stylesheet wasn't updated properly. Now it loads correctly in IE7, but it looks as it's supposed to for me in 8. Are you still getting the weird load? And yes, the skull is meant to be halfway there.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users