• This topic is locked This topic is locked
943 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3787 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Used to be, nobody made any decent "modern zombie" figures. Reaper has corrected this situation, but I wouldn't say no to some of Reaper's better zombies done in cheap plastic for quick horde to apocalypse scenarios.
  • Krztoff, tecarr and Jordan Peacock like this

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#2 Dai-Mongar

Dai-Mongar

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Would certainly like to see some Chronoscope sculpts find there way in.

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

All the rest of the larger D&D-type monsters
  • Krztoff, arbow, nortran and 4 others like this
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#4 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6501 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'd like an army of the dead, actual size please.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#5 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4255 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

New releases. I've already got everything I want that's been made in metal.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#6 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9820 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Would certainly like to see some Chronoscope sculpts find there way in.

Dark Heaven bones will be fantasy figures, some new, some from our Dark Heaven Legends and Warlord (and P-65) lines.

Once the line is established, we will examine the feasibility of a Chronoscope Bones line, or whether a blended approach would be stronger. I do want to reassure you that Chronoscope has not been forgotten with this line.
  • Dr.Bedlam, tecarr and pocketcthulhu like this

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#7 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Oooh! New sculpts/poses for the giants (frost, fire. etc.)!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#8 Eilif

Eilif

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'd also like to see Chronoscope in this material. I'm kind of a bargain shopper, so I snap up dark haven blister now and then, but the Chronoscope isn't quite cheap enough for an impulse buy.

I know that Chronoscope has been mostly passed over by P-65, so why not just go strait to Bones.
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Club
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/

#9 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Every figure that is more than $10.
  • pocketcthulhu likes this

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#10 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5966 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Oooh! New sculpts/poses for the giants (frost, fire. etc.)!

QFT. Any larger Warlord soldier mini that has been lacking an "alternate" version of a sculpt (this would include Koborlas, Icingstead, Trolls, Gnolls, etc.). A lower price-point would help combat the age-old problems these figures have had of cost, and the majority of them are the sorts of generic fantasy monsters that gamers would be interested in.

~v
  • cthulhudarren likes this

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#11 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

More Gnolls, including an archer.
Bugbears, including an archer.

ALL of Ben Siens Lizardmen, including the big Tyrant.

The Crymorian Warrior.
Reptus Cavalry (and Dark Elf Cavalry too).

The Brood Dragon and its Rider.

Agramon.

You know what, I'll just stop myself here.

Thanks, Reaper!!

#12 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5528 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thought: what's the possibility of doing some of the "chromatic" boxed set dragons in this material? I have the blue, and the thing is very heavy -- so much so that for gaming purposes it does not leave the house. But made of this material, and I'll take it anywhere and everywhere!

Damon.
  • Qwyksilver likes this
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#13 DixonGrfx

DixonGrfx

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 591 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

I know that you have stated that the focus is going to be on hero figures in the rampup, but really what I need cheep figures for is for bands of monsters. You know that any DnD adventure is going to have scores of Kobolds, Orks, Trolls, Skeletons, Goblins, Lizardmen and the like. In fact in my recent adventure I decided to venture into sculpting my own minis because I couldn't find Bullywugs or Mudmen. I don't mind dropping a bit of extra cash on a really nice metal hero figure because he is going to be on the gameboard 95% of the game, where as my kobolds may play a genorus 10% of the time.

So what would i like to see for Bones? MONSTERS lots and lots of monsters. Even better if a set of monsters like skellies for instance came with bits to convert weapons, shields and the like.

But I love that you have ventured into this. HUGE potiential....
  • arbow and nortran like this

#14 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9820 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I know that you have stated that the focus is going to be on hero figures in the rampup, but really what I need cheep figures for is for bands of monsters. You know that any DnD adventure is going to have scores of Kobolds, Orks, Trolls, Skeletons, Goblins, Lizardmen and the like. In fact in my recent adventure I decided to venture into sculpting my own minis because I couldn't find Bullywugs or Mudmen. I don't mind dropping a bit of extra cash on a really nice metal hero figure because he is going to be on the gameboard 95% of the game, where as my kobolds may play a genorus 10% of the time.

So what would i like to see for Bones? MONSTERS lots and lots of monsters. Even better if a set of monsters like skellies for instance came with bits to convert weapons, shields and the like.

But I love that you have ventured into this. HUGE potiential....

There will also be monsters. Just there will also be characters, which is something that LE didn't have in spades.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#15 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2280 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'd like to see some of the more expensive monstrous metal sculpts that range in the $20+ area normally...Eldritch Demon, Demons, Devils, etc.
  • arbow, Evermore414, Slashhamster and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users