• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikem91

mikem91

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm looking at the Origins 2012 PDF, and I'm seeing that Reaper will be running a Paint and Take there. Beyond my badge/ticket and a pulse, what should I be bringing with me? Do I need to bring along my paints and brushes?

I've taken a couple of searches through the fora, but I've not found and answer. My fora-fu may not be strong enough.

#2 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14697 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Paints and brushes are typically provided at a Paint n Take. Other than a badge and possibly a ticket, you're all set.
Pulses are not mandatory, but potentially helpful :poke:

If you're particularly picky about what paint brush you use, you might want to bring your own. The PnT brushes tend to take a bit of abuse over the weekend because you get a lot of people using them, many who don't normally paint.

Edited by Qwyksilver, 21 May 2012 - 11:22 AM.

• Wren likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#3 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4208 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Bring a good dose of patience. Paint-n-Takes at the large cons are usually mobbed all day long and you may have to wait a good while for a seat.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#4 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9626 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I should point out that we are not running the Paint and Take, we are but a sponsor. We provide figures, paint, and brushes, and have trained many of the volunteers, but it is run by GAMA, the company that puts on Origins.

As far as what to bring, I think all you need is a willingness to try!

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#5 mikem91

mikem91

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the information and clarification.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users