• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

FFG just updated their site to reveal the next 4 ships being released. A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, Slave I, and the Falcon. :D

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#32 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Just what I thought they'd be.

My sets are out for delivery...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#33 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

$30 for the Falcon and Slave 1 seems a bit pricey to me.

I am hoping I can convince someone here to play, but so far not looking up :( Would rather not drop $100 on this if no one else will buy in.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#34 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

They're all pricey...but considering that the regular ships are $15 and these are bigger, $30 sounds about right. And luckily you should only need one of each of these.

As for cost, order from Miniature Market. I think they are about 33% off, that's where I got mine from. Free shipping if your order is over $100, but either way you get a lot more for your money from there.

I'm reading through the rules right now in fact, but won't play my first game until Sunday.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

#35 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Would rather not drop $100 on this if no one else will buy in.

I've heard several people mention that they've had plenty of fun with just the 3 minis from the starter box. So $40 will get you enough to decide if you'd like it or not.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#36 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

But, no opponent makes for a dull game. Folks around here just don't like to play stuff they don't own. I got one game on Incursion in, and would ratehr not repeat.

Listed age is 14+. Has anyone actually played a game yet? I have 3 5th Graders I could like get to play, but I am worried about the complexity of the game.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#37 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

I haven't played yet, but am reading the rules today. Really simple and straight forward.

FFG had the rules free for download on their site, you should check them out.
John Stuart Mill

#38 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I bought it at the Reaper Game Store two days ago, but I've been so busy with painting stuff that I've only been able to glance at the rules. Perhaps tonight I'll give it a run.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#39 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 8639 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

I played the quickstart with my 12 and 8 year old last weekend, no issues. Will be trying the full rules probably tomorrow.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#40 papabees

papabees

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1731 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

But, no opponent makes for a dull game. Folks around here just don't like to play stuff they don't own. I got one game on Incursion in, and would ratehr not repeat.

Listed age is 14+. Has anyone actually played a game yet? I have 3 5th Graders I could like get to play, but I am worried about the complexity of the game.

I demo'd it at Gencon last year with my eight year old and he did fine.

#41 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

FYI - http://fantasyflight...book_lowres.pdf
John Stuart Mill

#42 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Played the quickstart scenario with the kids today. It's a very stripped down version of the rules, but was fun. The whole time we were making appropriate sound effects and singing Rebel or Imperial themes depending on who just had a good turn. Downloaded a Star Wars soundboard app for my phone for the next game.

Came across this link to a SW soundboard, but can't test it out, as it needs Flash, which prolly means I can't use it on my iPad anyway...

http://www.starwars....rds/#/?theme=31
  • Sergeant_Crunch likes this
John Stuart Mill

#43 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 8639 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Played the quickstart scenario with the kids today. It's a very stripped down version of the rules, but was fun. The whole time we were making appropriate sound effects and singing Rebel or Imperial themes depending on who just had a good turn. Downloaded a Star Wars soundboard app for my phone for the next game.

Came across this link to a SW soundboard, but can't test it out, as it needs Flash, which prolly means I can't use it on my iPad anyway...

http://www.starwars....rds/#/?theme=31

THAT'S PERFECT!!!!

We played last night with the full rules. They picked them up pretty quickly, with the exception of focus but they got it by the end of the game. They had problems with planning their moves because they'd forget that I was going to have to move as well and they'd plan on my current position. Zachary got so focused on doing simple maneuvers in order to get an extra action (pilot ability) that he was almost never in a position to attack. Makes for a long game when 2/3s of the players can't attack.

#44 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Glad the sound board worked for you.

What kind of phone do you have, something with Android? Android has support for Flash? Any way to save/export the sound mixes? It's a no-go on my ipad (no Flash player support, no Flash apps I could find). :down:

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the appropriate sounds as mp3 files. My ipad can play those.

Edited by Baphomet69, 23 September 2012 - 09:21 AM.

John Stuart Mill

#45 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 8639 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

I haven't tried it on my phone (android), but my netbook won't have any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users