• This topic is locked This topic is locked
525 replies to this topic

#31 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hardball won't work. Bribes and praise might.

Well, your most high and awesome exaltedness, have I told you how pretty you look today? You're really rocking that stash and hat! Also, your painting skills are the very quintessential definition of sublime - tiny snapshots of miniature still life rendered in breathtaking detail for all to gaze at with wonder and awe.

It is no small thing to run out of superlatives in a language so replete as English, but for you, majestic soul who brings bliss upon this earth, there can be no such word that stands as good enough. For your greatness is beyond words, beyond even the fabric of time and space, soaring past definition and cannot be constrained by so futile a construction.

Truly, this is an age of wonders we live in. For it is the age of you.

Now for a bribe, I've got some Swiss cheese that's been hardly mangled at all.
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#32 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Wow, bravo! Very well put. No. :devil: I'll do a compromise. I'll paint up the one I have and see if Ron will let me put it up in previews. No guarantees though.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#33 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

I agree to your terms.

* sets crackers free *
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#34 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Oh good. I was really sweating the safety of the crackers. Besides, it gives me an excuse to paint her.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#35 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1286 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

How can you not bow the greatness of a man using the Avatar of "Bo "Bandit" Darville" from one of my favorite movies Smokey and the Bandit?

(BIG ENOS) See, son? Old legends never die. They just lose weight. (Little Enos) Seems like a legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot alike, Daddy.

Life is Chaos... So Enjoy Life

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif

#36 Paheej

Paheej

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

The concept sketches for the storm giants look really good, but does the female giant have to be in the stripper pose?

I have to agree with the other posters and say that her pose is more like a giant talking to a smaller being.

Strippers are typically in way more provocative poses than how she is depicted.
  • kimifly likes this

#37 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3494 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

I echo the sentiment for a female giant in a fighting pose but I'm perfectly fine with all existing and concept giants..... really I just want more of these giants.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#38 ChaoticBlues

ChaoticBlues

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

You and me both Nocturne. I keept hopeing for either some hill, stone, or at least some more frost giants.

Remember, even in Russia, it is Kaladrax that plays with you!

#39 Icosahedral

Icosahedral

• Bones Supporter
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I keep refreshing the preview page, but I'm not seeing it yet!

I'd love to know what it looks like in sculpt, seeing the two giants added made me certain of wanting to pledge.

#40 Ravenhex

Ravenhex

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

I was so happy when I saw the cloud giant (which if you want to be a lore snob is not a warrior race).
She will be a nice offset to the more stocky female giants (which I also have in metal cuz Reaper giants kick butt).

#41 Wasgo

Wasgo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I have to agree with the other posters and say that her pose is more like a giant talking to a smaller being.

Strippers are typically in way more provocative poses than how she is depicted.

Okay, how about this: I'd like to see the artist take a photo of themself in that pose to prove that it's possible.
  • Rigmarole likes this

#42 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

I say if a sculptor can make a dragon made up mostly of bone and withered flesh look like it's alive and trying to fly, we can have a super fine giant lady with an impossible badonkadonk.

Fantasy. Dig it.
  • haldir, Qwyksilver, psyberwolfe1 and 2 others like this