• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 4516 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

That's why I like the judging system on my current contests (Halloween one is an exception) because we're less about critiquing all these aspects of a miniature and instead just allowing people to vote for what strikes them the most when they first see it.

Judging from the winners of the recent one, I'd say that system works well.

The worst physically present contest I've ever been in I lost. It's not worst because I lost, but because the judge won.

Conflict of interest maybe? That was . . . that was something else, yeah. When I questioned it, I was told none of the other category judges were qualified to judge miniatures. Still didn't explain why the guy judging it was entered in it.

Wow. That is so wrong in so many ways.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Any sufficiently advanced technology you don't understand is indistinguishable from magic you don't understand."
-- Richard Garfinkle

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#17 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4662 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

I agree. I'm so worried about people thinking conflict of interest that I don't even comment on the show off threads until after the contest is over.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint, effects, q&a, faqs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users