Photo

Smartphone apps - any useful for painters, sculptors, gamers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lastman

Lastman

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

I visited the smartphone store today and felt like Rip van Winkle.

A few years ago they didn't impress me at all, but the most recent generation is amazing.

What are the best photo apps?

Are there any measurement or scaling apps that would be helpful to sculptors?

There are so many apps I have no idea where to begin. I don't have a smartphone yet so I just browsed a few apps at the store.

#2 evergrin

evergrin

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I like Camera +. ::):

#3 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12879 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I like Camera +. ::):

Cool even my not so powerful smartphone is compatible with that one. I've been looking into new camera apps & I'll give that one a try.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#4 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11261 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

There's one that lets you pick a number of dice of any size, and then rolls them and adds the result up.

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

#5 All-Terrain Monkey

All-Terrain Monkey

Lord of the Ninja Monkeys

• Artists
  • 1530 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've long wanted to make a smartphone version of the PowerPalette; one that integrates with the on-phone cameras/files would be faboo too. Figure I'll have a shot at something spiffy as I go through my Computer Science degree here :).
  • haldir and Qwyksilver like this

John Bonnot, Grandmaster Punster, Reaper Painting VIP, and Suburb-Class Painter. "If you're not cheating, you're not painting." -- Me

#6 vutpakdi

vutpakdi

Knight-Errant

• Black Lightning
  • 2813 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

I use Evernote extensively for both work and play. While its formatting capabilities are limited in terms of pure note taking, Evernote is extremely useful for simple notes, web clipping, and organizing some files around topics because your notebooks are shared across platforms.

So, if I take a clipping of, say a leather tutorial or recipe on my home iMac, that clipping shows up automagically on my MacBook Pro, my work HP laptop, my iPad, and my iPhone. Terrific for reference articles, recipes, and notes (like shopping lists for ReaperCon).

Ron

#7 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

I use Evernote extensively for both work and play. While its formatting capabilities are limited in terms of pure note taking, Evernote is extremely useful for simple notes, web clipping, and organizing some files around topics because your notebooks are shared across platforms.

I'll second Evernote as being highly useful. I'm also a big believer in Splashtop - I use it for my tablet, but it's available for iPhone/Android phones as well. It's a remote desktop client that has really good streaming capabilities. It has been useful for accessing some pc only programs while working on a project in my work-room, such as using a pepakura viewer while working on a costume piece.

#8 Jubilee

Jubilee

Goddess of the Winged Fae

• Bones Supporter
  • 1525 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I use toggl to track my time when painting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users