• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Goodchild

Dan Goodchild

Time Lord

• Bones Supporter
  • 1214 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hi folks. I was just perusing the Outrider Hobbies foam inserts for the lunchbox cases and found this quote in the description of the Hobby Tool Kit insert: "There is also a spot for an upcoming wet pallet to be released by Reaper."

Now, I've searched the Reaper shop and didn't see one so I'm guessing it's not released yet. If that's the case, do we know when it might be coming?
  • CashWiley likes this
A day without sunshine is like… night.
Niagara Gamers' Network

#2 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6388 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yes, please!

#3 siliconjedi

siliconjedi

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

What!!! Woohoo! *sold*

#4 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3880 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Soon
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#5 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9296 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Soon

Seize her!

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#6 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1352 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Soon

Time is irrelavent. Tomorrows yesterday is last weeks sometime in the future. All of which could be Soon .

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#7 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6388 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Seize her!

Et tu, Buglips?

#8 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

I need to try to use my wet palette more... I'm hung up on the little wells on my porcelain palette now though... I'm sure I'm wasting drops and drops of paint...
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#9 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1966 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

If what you're doing works well for you and gets you the results you want, then the paint you use doing it isn't really a waste. I've gone back and forth between types of palettes, though with either one I use a lot of paint. And despite using a lot of paint, I have replaced maybe a dozen or so bottles for using a colour up. I've replaced more paints than that for them being old and getting too gloopy and whatnot.

I'm not saying I don't value frugality or understand why people want to stretch their supplies as far as possible. I'm just arguing against making yourself feel like something is wasteful because you're using one tool over another if the tool you're using does what you want it to do in other respects.
  • Girot, Adrift and Tranquil Ape like this

#10 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6388 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I LOVE my homemade wet palette, even though it's too small. I'm a slow painter, so the added open time is invaluable. I'd rather give my money to Reaper for a superior wet palette than to Michael's or Hobby Lobby :)

That said, I still use dry wells for washes, because that's just what works best for me.

#11 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

I bought a wet palette, but it didn't work very well. I'd buy a Reaper one, because you should know what it takes to make a good one.

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#12 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1138 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

The wet palette I bought didn't have a water tight seal when closed. I wonder if the reaper one would? To those who have used them longer would a tight seal make the paints last longer like I think?

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#13 Dan Goodchild

Dan Goodchild

Time Lord

• Bones Supporter
  • 1214 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Argentee: I have a home-made wet palette made from a Rubbermaid bowl with a very tight-fitting lid. I've had paint last three weeks in it. Might have lasted longer but I threw out the parchment paper so I could start a new mini. :)
A day without sunshine is like… night.
Niagara Gamers' Network

#14 Serenity

Serenity

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

The Masterson's handy palette has a good seal, but not like a Rubbermaid bowl. I haven't tested, but I'm pretty sure it would leak. You can fit it inside a gallon zip-lock bag to extend paint life. Placing in the refrigerator will keep the paint wet longer, too.

BTW, I place parchment paper on top of the regular palette paper (or use parchment paper in place of it), which I think works better for the thin paints mini painters tend to use. It is also very cheap to replace, though it can be reused if you want to bother cleaning it.

Serenity
All I want is to have my peace of mind.(Boston)

Time and time again I've thanked them for a peace of mind.(The Outlaws, Green Grass and High Tides)

#15 Dadcubed

Dadcubed

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1024 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I use a PP wet palette and love it. Unfortunately the box, staying moist over a prolonged time, is the perfect environment for mold growth! I have had a fine black mold grow on the paper.

I would love a reaper brand wet palette too! :)
MiniWars is a new online wargame player, hobbyist and club finder. There are search tools, you can find opponents, clubs, or buddies near you. Get yourself on the map and join the game!

http://miniwars.co.uk

WIP: http://www.reapermin...endeavours-wip/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users