• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#31 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9370 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

And in other news, Francisco Franco is still dead.

Well, the point was that by bringing back up that the RPM was still live, I was reminded that I could still request a reset. I was doing a fine job of ignoring that fact until this thread poked me with a stick...

My pledge went up another $100.

/sigh

~v

I just wanted to make a classic SNL joke. And also to mock your suffering, because I already bought everything I want and experience zero temptation for more.

Particularly as I have not been paid by my compadres for what's already ordered. If I don't get some money tomorrow, I'm breaking legs and/or thumbs. Maybe both, dependant on the quality/quantity of coffee I'm provided with.

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#32 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

The RPM is necessary at this time for address changes. We do have almost all pledges locked in, but do still have about 100 people that, for reasons unknown to us, have not locked in their pledge.

Even if they never allocate their pledge to any specific rewards, we still need the RPM to get address data*.

*this assumes that they pledged a given level and an exact dollar amount to match, so it's obvious what their reward is (like Selected Vampire, pledge $100).

and you are STILL letting people place new pledges/orders, why?

We were open up front about making Bones to be a sale product that we wanted to be able to sell to retailers for years to come, and not just a "get it on KS or never see it again". Our opening video mentions us wanting to put this product in stores. I've said repeatedly that these will ship to Kickstarter Backers, and after that to retailers and distributors for ongoing sale. (Anecdote time! I am aware of one person who *demanded* a refund and that we withdraw his pledge 3 days after the project closed, because he learned after the drive that these would be available for retail sale after the KS was over, and he felt "cheated and lied to" because he thought he thought he was "buying an exclusive, limited edition, collectible set of figures". Not making this up.) And now, you seem confused about the fact that we're still selling these sets. I'm sorry if we were unclear.

I mean someone brand new can come in and type in a new e-mail address and have access to everything having to do with placing a new order, at a small increase albeit, but still how long is this going to be up, is it simply just a pre-order tool now?

New orders will have no affect on our ability to deliver the current goal, although it might lead to us placing a second order with a later delivery time for latecomers (that is, you will get yours in March, but people who sign up after we have sold out of our initial order might wait another 2-3 months)*. The largest anticipated potential delay that we might see now is Customs, since we do not control their processing time, and have found it to be as variable as 3-8 weeks. a 5 week variance is huge, and a little hard to plan around.

As for when we'll stop accepting *new* pledges, I don't have an answer. But we did need everybody's order to be finalized, and now we're ridiculously close (still right about 100 to go) and that's close enough to have already delivered final numbers for the first order (about 3 days after the last update begging for more pledges to lock in - we dropped from about 1,000 people missing pledges to just over 200 in that 3 day period). Until we have 100% of backers completed, we cannot remove the ability to log in and lock in your pledge. It might even happen that the RPM might not be allowed to be taken down, because of it's utility as an address manager.

I'm told that production in China is moving along very well, and we have asked them to please take pictures of the boxes and boxes of minis that have already been finished. There's over 4.7 MILLION miniatures that were locked in, and over the just about 300 figures we're making, we are getting over 5.5 MILLION figures from China. We're overbuying, so that we have figures to sell to your store, to their distributor, on our website, at conventions, and for people who might order this bundle while it's available.

I'm not trying to sound defensive or aggressive, but I'm not quite sure whether you're simply asking a question, or are upset that yes, at this time the RPM would allow a new sign up to get the Vampire set for a 50% markup, and that I do not have a date when that ability will go away.

I guess I'm just a little dissapointed in being misled into "locking in the order" asap and that these prices would only be available for a short period, when in fact you are using the Pledge manager now as a tool for pre-ording.

Direct quotes from your updates -

The RPM will be live for approximately 30 days, so you don't have to worry that you may have missed it and it went up and down before you had a chance to use it.
Thank you all for your support and patience!

the pledge manager will only be active for placing your final reward selections for about 10 days. You will be able to change your shipping address at any time, but you will have to lock in your order within 10 days. We need to get our final numbers as rapidly as possible so we can get everything finalized by next March like we planned. (<-----this was over a MONTH ago!)

---------------------------------------------

I mean C'mon man first you are telling people to lock in orders because they will only have a month, then you are stating in BOLD, YOU WILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10 DAYS!

Now it's almost like you are lauging at those who took you serious because you are allowing the RPM to stay up and have it be used as pre-order form.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, especially at a main reaper message board, I loved everything about the kickstarter and loved everything reaper has done, I really appriciate the great customer service and think you guys are doing a great job handling everything,

except when it comes to this issue.

another more recent quote from a update - The pledge manager will accept your input for about 10 days. After that we’ll lock you in at your pledge level. We need to get moving on the final orders so we can get these figures done by March. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you before we shut it down.

Just be upfront with your customer base, it would have been a lot easier for me to eat the fact that you STILL have the RPM up for people to place BRAND NEW ORDERS if you didn't make me rush into mine thinking it would only be up about 10 DAYS!
  • Djbousquet likes this

#33 Caffiene

Caffiene

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just be upfront with your customer base, it would have been a lot easier for me to eat the fact that you STILL have the RPM up for people to place BRAND NEW ORDERS if you didn't make me rush into mine thinking it would only be up about 10 DAYS!

Kit (the webmaster) has said he is happy for anybody who wants to change or add more to their order to send him an email and he can reset your RPM so that you can redo it. Only restriction is you cant reduce the amount youve already paid (since payment doesnt go directly through Reaper for them to be able to refund).

#34 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I just think there really needs to be a point SOON when you follow through with your word and shut down the RPM for new orders. That way the people who ordered them through KS and the RPM feel that because the locked in their orders when the were told the NEEDED to get the feeling that they have some minor exclusivity.

Like I said I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel like I'm the voice of the voiceless as I have seen many people wondering when the RPM will be shut down for new orders.

Wether it be because they want to resell them, they want that I got a better price that you did feeling, or beause the want the feeling of specialness being one of the first to lock in through the KS and RPM.... who knows but, I think when you lead people to beleive one thing and then do something different it can cause quite a backlash.

#35 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9664 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

The RPM still only lets new backers in at $150, right? So everyone who got in early still gets a 30% discount, right?

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#36 klawzie

klawzie

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Exclusivity?

I'm not computing a problem here. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't see any reason to complain about a lack of exclusivity.

These minis (except for Kickstarter Sophie) will be available to everyone as long as Reaper has the molds and sees fit to replace them if they get worn out. Nothing exclusive about the minis themselves, then.

Price? Well, those who participated in the Kickstarter have the best price. Anyone jumping on late has a price increase. That means the ones who jumped in early certainly have "exclusivity" via pricing.

If you're saying that you're one of the early-post-Kickstarter adopters who joined in at the 150 Vampire level, then, sure, I suppose you can feel a little put out about not being "exclusive". But I can sketch you up a special badge for that so you can feel exclusive again.

Again, not trying to make light of your feelings. But they're not dragging their feet here in some sort of mad scheme to destroy any sort of specialness.

#37 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 4519 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

The RPM is necessary at this time for address changes. We do have almost all pledges locked in, but do still have about 100 people that, for reasons unknown to us, have not locked in their pledge.

Even if they never allocate their pledge to any specific rewards, we still need the RPM to get address data*.

*this assumes that they pledged a given level and an exact dollar amount to match, so it's obvious what their reward is (like Selected Vampire, pledge $100).

and you are STILL letting people place new pledges/orders, why?

We were open up front about making Bones to be a sale product that we wanted to be able to sell to retailers for years to come, and not just a "get it on KS or never see it again". Our opening video mentions us wanting to put this product in stores. I've said repeatedly that these will ship to Kickstarter Backers, and after that to retailers and distributors for ongoing sale. (Anecdote time! I am aware of one person who *demanded* a refund and that we withdraw his pledge 3 days after the project closed, because he learned after the drive that these would be available for retail sale after the KS was over, and he felt "cheated and lied to" because he thought he thought he was "buying an exclusive, limited edition, collectible set of figures". Not making this up.) And now, you seem confused about the fact that we're still selling these sets. I'm sorry if we were unclear.

I mean someone brand new can come in and type in a new e-mail address and have access to everything having to do with placing a new order, at a small increase albeit, but still how long is this going to be up, is it simply just a pre-order tool now?

New orders will have no affect on our ability to deliver the current goal, although it might lead to us placing a second order with a later delivery time for latecomers (that is, you will get yours in March, but people who sign up after we have sold out of our initial order might wait another 2-3 months)*. The largest anticipated potential delay that we might see now is Customs, since we do not control their processing time, and have found it to be as variable as 3-8 weeks. a 5 week variance is huge, and a little hard to plan around.

As for when we'll stop accepting *new* pledges, I don't have an answer. But we did need everybody's order to be finalized, and now we're ridiculously close (still right about 100 to go) and that's close enough to have already delivered final numbers for the first order (about 3 days after the last update begging for more pledges to lock in - we dropped from about 1,000 people missing pledges to just over 200 in that 3 day period). Until we have 100% of backers completed, we cannot remove the ability to log in and lock in your pledge. It might even happen that the RPM might not be allowed to be taken down, because of it's utility as an address manager.

I'm told that production in China is moving along very well, and we have asked them to please take pictures of the boxes and boxes of minis that have already been finished. There's over 4.7 MILLION miniatures that were locked in, and over the just about 300 figures we're making, we are getting over 5.5 MILLION figures from China. We're overbuying, so that we have figures to sell to your store, to their distributor, on our website, at conventions, and for people who might order this bundle while it's available.

I'm not trying to sound defensive or aggressive, but I'm not quite sure whether you're simply asking a question, or are upset that yes, at this time the RPM would allow a new sign up to get the Vampire set for a 50% markup, and that I do not have a date when that ability will go away.

I guess I'm just a little dissapointed in being misled into "locking in the order" asap and that these prices would only be available for a short period, when in fact you are using the Pledge manager now as a tool for pre-ording.

Direct quotes from your updates -

The RPM will be live for approximately 30 days, so you don't have to worry that you may have missed it and it went up and down before you had a chance to use it.
Thank you all for your support and patience!

the pledge manager will only be active for placing your final reward selections for about 10 days. You will be able to change your shipping address at any time, but you will have to lock in your order within 10 days. We need to get our final numbers as rapidly as possible so we can get everything finalized by next March like we planned. (<-----this was over a MONTH ago!)

---------------------------------------------

I mean C'mon man first you are telling people to lock in orders because they will only have a month, then you are stating in BOLD, YOU WILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10 DAYS!

Now it's almost like you are lauging at those who took you serious because you are allowing the RPM to stay up and have it be used as pre-order form.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, especially at a main reaper message board, I loved everything about the kickstarter and loved everything reaper has done, I really appriciate the great customer service and think you guys are doing a great job handling everything,

except when it comes to this issue.

another more recent quote from a update - The pledge manager will accept your input for about 10 days. After that we’ll lock you in at your pledge level. We need to get moving on the final orders so we can get these figures done by March. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you before we shut it down.

I think the point here is that Reaper needed to get accurate ordering and shipping information together very quickly in order to place accurate orders for model production in China. Notice that even getting as much information together as soon as they could, even having already started production in China, it's going to be five more months at least before the minis are ready to deliver.

Reaper needed to get that information as fast as possible in order to get things started.

I gather the pledge manager took longer to program than they originally intended, which is no surprise to anyone familiar with programming. It needed to be clear, simple, and secure, and it is a credit to Reaper that it came out so (even if it could not deal with the raddled mess that is Internet Explorer).

However, the time it took to perfect the Pledge Manager -- which is an impressive piece of user-friendliness for which I am deeply grateful -- seems to have been taken from the original 30 day window, leaving the aforementioned 10 days.

Reaper is not laughing at us. This is not market manipulation. It has all the appearance of a very tight schedule to get production started so we can all receive our minis close to the announced delivery date.

The Reaper folks are ethical and care about their customers. As long as some Kickstarter pledges have not come forward, maybe they wish to just leave the RPM up in case they show up. Also it may be Kickstarter policy. Kickstarter frowns on backers not getting their rewards, and I wonder if Kickstarter will consider this project open as long as there are still outstanding pledgers who have not contacted Reaper to get their rewards.

Please don't feel disgruntled. We all got a great deal. What lessens it if a few more people can get something almost as good?
  • Qwyksilver and ced1106 like this

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Any sufficiently advanced technology you don't understand is indistinguishable from magic you don't understand."
-- Richard Garfinkle

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#38 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

The RPM still only lets new backers in at $150, right? So everyone who got in early still gets a 30% discount, right?

Yeah, there's still a 50% markup on all new orders. Not sure where Djbousquet got the idea that there was ever supposed to be any exclusivity to this, aside from the KS backer tags and the cheaper stuff. The folks at Reaper have been pretty clear that they needed people to lock down their orders so that they knew how much to order. There's no disadvantage to you that other people also get in on this deal.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
-Randall Munroe, xkcd

Grinnell College '16

#39 Caffiene

Caffiene

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

I suppose Reaper could, if they wanted, remove the reapermini.com/ks/ page so that no further people can sign up to be a part of the RPM. Im actually surprised they havent done that, if they are trying to get everyone locked in, but Im sure theres a reason.

#40 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9370 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I just think there really needs to be a point SOON when you follow through with your word and shut down the RPM for new orders. That way the people who ordered them through KS and the RPM feel that because the locked in their orders when the were told the NEEDED to get the feeling that they have some minor exclusivity.

Like I said I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel like I'm the voice of the voiceless as I have seen many people wondering when the RPM will be shut down for new orders.

Wether it be because they want to resell them, they want that I got a better price that you did feeling, or beause the want the feeling of specialness being one of the first to lock in through the KS and RPM.... who knows but, I think when you lead people to beleive one thing and then do something different it can cause quite a backlash.

If Reaper hadn't told people they only had ten days it probably would have been months tracking down people to lock it in and get the information they needed to send to the factory. I mean, there's still 100 people outstanding.

Reaper is juggling plates to get this done, done on time, done right, and having to leave options open for people trickling in (if everybody had done as Reaper instructed, and nobody was left outstanding, then the RPM would be closed already). That should be their primary concern. No exclusivity was promised or implied in the kickstarter- except that you'd get a really good deal.

Did you get a really good deal?

Promise fulfilled.

Anything beyond that you have created on your end, and Reaper is in no way responsible for fulfilling obligations it did not create. That includes any assumption of exclusivity - save perhaps for the limited edition kickstarter Sophie.

Frankly, I think complaining about the pledge manager still being active is incredibly silly. Reaper did not state, explicitly or implicitly, that if you buy lots of KS stuff you can turn around and make money off eBay. That is not their concern. At all. Period. Nothing to do with them. That's why it's called the "secondary market".

#41 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

The RPM was suppose to be used for the small select few people that missed the kickstarter and needed to get a new pledge in as well as lock in options orders for what was said to be 10 DAYS, and then said to be a MONTH after the RPM was live. (and even they had to pay the extra %)

I don't think it was portrayed to us as being a pre-order tool for newcomers to place a 150 vampire pledge order now going on almost 2 months later.

I just don't want it to be Feb. and have new people starting to see the miniatures being released and then them being able to place a order through the STILL ACTIVE RPM.....

#42 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9370 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

I just don't want it to be Feb. and have new people starting to see the miniatures being released and then them being able to place a order through the STILL ACTIVE RPM.....

Given that Reaper will be selling the models at retail a month later, I expect they don't want to see people doing that either.
  • Pingo likes this

#43 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9664 posts

• CashWiley likes this

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#44 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2066 posts

The RPM was suppose to be used for the small select few people that missed the kickstarter and needed to get a new pledge in as well as lock in options orders for what was said to be 10 DAYS, and then said to be a MONTH after the RPM was live. (and even they had to pay the extra %)

I don't think it was portrayed to us as being a pre-order tool for newcomers to place a 150 vampire pledge order now going on almost 2 months later.

Why not? How does it hurt you to have more people get this deal?
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
-Randall Munroe, xkcd

Grinnell College '16

#45 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I suppose Reaper could, if they wanted, remove the reapermini.com/ks/ page so that no further people can sign up to be a part of the RPM. Im actually surprised they havent done that, if they are trying to get everyone locked in, but Im sure theres a reason.

exactly! The reason they aren't doing it is because everytime the release a new model/green preview more and more people want to get in on it even though they missed the KS and even though the time alloted to the RPM is wayyyy past. Like I said it is almost being used as a pre-order tool now.
  • Frankthedm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users