• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Swartzmiller

Brian Swartzmiller

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I was just wondering with the success of the bones line if in the future we might see LTPK with bones included? Anyone else think this is a good idea??

#2 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11792 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Nothing's really been confirmed or denied, but it's an idea that's being kicked about. I'd say it looks likely to happen at some point.
Oi! Jump leads!

#3 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1015 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

it's not a bad idea, I mean it would lower reaper's cost per unit quite a bit in they used bones over metal mini's, I for one would buy into it if i didn't already have the kits when they get around to them.

Warning: I am a Noob, Follow my advice at your own risk.  

8667879275_46308a2812_s.jpg

#4 Vyr

Vyr

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing one Bones one metal, but not both Bones.
I personally feel that metal is easier to learn with, compared to the polymer, and that is the point of the kits.
I'd rather see separate kits for Bones that might focus more on creatures or unnatural things, rather than change the existing kits. That way, it would be easy to explain what a new painter might expect when painting the polymer after painting metal.

#5 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Made some comments on the LTPK thread:
http://www.reapermin...s/page__st__315

Replacing metals with Bones can mean more figures per package, as well as replacing the brush-on primer with another color -- such as the third paint in a triad!
  • pocketcthulhu and MatrissaTheEnchantress like this

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

I think this was addressed in the 'Paint Kits' thread.

#7 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5553 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

First page even.

They were numbered in the order they came out, which was not necessarily the order of learning. Changing numbers at this time would be... difficult.

We are going to change the format of the LTPKs when the KS Bones are available, and the LTPKs will include Bones figures instead of metal, a new guidebook utilizing both the new figures and several years of experience at working with beginners to make it clearer and easier to use. Possibilities of including a DVD or Flash Drive with painting videos have been discussed, and are still open here.

• Adrift, Brian Swartzmiller and MatrissaTheEnchantress like this

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#8 Brian Swartzmiller

Brian Swartzmiller

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

This rocks being a amature painter I think it would be awsome for the newbies to get more for their buck. Plus you ALWAYS have left over paints in the sample pots that end up going to waste
  • Adrift likes this

#9 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6710 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

This rocks being a amature painter I think it would be awsome for the newbies to get more for their buck. Plus you ALWAYS have left over paints in the sample pots that end up going to waste

Since they've been providing full-size dropper bottles, this has been less of an issue. ::):

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#10 Brian Swartzmiller

Brian Swartzmiller

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Since they've been providing full-size dropper bottles, this has been less of an issue. ::):

I was referring to the sample pots the dropper bottles actually do a better job at keeping the paints fresh than I thought they would, but the samples you get tend to dry up probally because they are in a cheaper container

#11 Shogun

Shogun

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

sadly when i got my learn to paint kit, 2 of the paints were so dry they cracked :(

#12 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

sadly when i got my learn to paint kit, 2 of the paints were so dry they cracked :(

Yeah, that's why I bought directly from Reaper. I'm wary of OLGS because who knows how long they had the LTPK in stock.

#13 Caffiene

Caffiene

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was referring to the sample pots

Last Knight was referring to the fact that the Learn To Paint Kits recently havent had any sample pots in them - they have all been (temporarily?) replaced by full size dropper bottles because of issues with the supplier of the sample pots.

If Reaper continue using all full size bottles, then the sample pots obviously arent going to be a problem.
  • Last Knight and MatrissaTheEnchantress like this

#14 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9755 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Have you contacted us to replace them?
  • morari and MatrissaTheEnchantress like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#15 Shogun

Shogun

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

nah, it was through a store dealing with them was abit of a headache so when they finally arrived and 2 were dry i just cbf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users