Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3881 Adventurer

1 Follower

About wdmartin

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

3557 profile views
  1. It's nice to see that Reaper is internationalizing their site. I'm sure that will be helpful to many overseas fans. May I suggest using an IP-based geolcation service to make an educated guess as to where each visitor is located? That would be preferable to forcing every visitor to choose their region -- particularly for those, like me, who do not retain browser cookies between sessions, and thus have to make the choice on every visit. GeoLite2 from MaxMind or ipinfo.io come to mind. They're not laser-precise by any means, but they're pretty reliable at the level of
  2. If it's not canceled, I bet a bunch of hotel rooms are going to become available. The problem of the overbooked hotel has been solved! Thanks, Covid-19, you're the best. What a pity that silver linings come with clouds to match ...
  3. Wow, after two and a half years, the thread rises and I get a bunch of likes. Thanks, everyone. @jonfreeman -- The base is an oval 120x80 mm. It's a piece of wood I got at my FLGS.
  4. Last year was my first time, and after I got home I wrote up a post entitled Things I Wish I had Known Before My First ReaperCon, which may be apropos for any first-timers reading this thread.
  5. BGG wouldn't know anything about them -- it's not a board game, just a box of minis. I think they're a very, very new mini company. As far as I can tell, this box o' enemies is the only thing they've ever made.
  6. No airbrush; sounds like I better just use Brush-On to be on the safe side. Thanks!
  7. So for Christmas, my sister got me something called a "Drunk'n Dragon Enemies Pack". It contains five of each of these five minis: From left to right, a bandit archer, a goblin, a lizardman, an orc, and a cultist. My question is: these suckers are made of some kind of moderately soft plastic. Stuff. Are they likely to melt if I spray them with primer? Should I use brush-on instead? I feel as though I really ought to paint them up so I can send my sister pictures. I have no idea how she found these -- I've never heard of the company before, I'm pretty sure
  8. For a better photography backdrop try one of these. I had mine printed out on vinyl and it's lasted for years.
  9. It took me a bit, but I got back to this and sculpted a couple more flames onto it. I think it'll do. It's probably not the most elegant sculpt ever, but it will serve. Getting paint onto it will help. At the moment it's curing. Thanks for the help!
  10. Apparently the journal rights got passed on to a group called the Art Renewal Center. They announced they were putting up the old articles in a blog post years ago that I came across, but it doesn't look as though they got very far -- at any rate, this article wasn't in their archive. While I was on the site, I read most of their philosophy statement, which seems to boil down to "only representational art is good". By the end of the third paragraph it was saying things like "The success of Modernism seems like a form of mass insanity, a nightmarish anomaly from which we pray the
  11. Sure thing! I'm a librarian -- we track down obscure articles all the time, so it was no biggie.
  12. Last April, @Wren wrote a blog post in which she linked to a video by Cesar Santos. In his video, he summarized an article he read in art school: "Values: When Seeing Isn't Necessarily Believing", from the Journal of Classical Realism (volume 2, issue 1, page 10), by Lindesay Harkness. It was a pretty decent video, but I was curious to read the full article, and it proved rather elusive. Ultimately, I got in touch with Ms. Harkness by email. She wrote back as follows: I have attached the article in PDF format here, along with the picture she sent along. I thought it
  13. I mean, it's hard to beat the price per-head for those Terra ones ... I could get a whole bucket, and if they don't work for this project they'd still probably work for other things. Or give them to a little kid to play with.
  14. Wow, you're not kidding about that clunky web site. That design was state of the art in the late '90s. They're due for an overhaul. The grazing horse is just right, though -- assuming I can actually get one. How annoying that you can't just order the figure you want, but have to play roulette and hope it comes up!
  • Create New...